Home

Bring parrys back for straight strikes only

This is a discussion on Bring parrys back for straight strikes only within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2019, 11:15 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Bring parrys back for straight strikes only

HELL NO

I think now that parries are gone i don't think people remember how toxic they were when they actually were in the game.

I hope that devs to react from reading the forums out of boredom, because parries are the last thing we need for the next game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2019, 05:10 AM   #26
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypeRNT
HELL NO

I think now that parries are gone i don't think people remember how toxic they were when they actually were in the game.

I hope that devs to react from reading the forums out of boredom, because parries are the last thing we need for the next game.
Many things were toxic in prev UFC games (Hooks spam for ex), but now they are not - they still exist but are TUNED/REBALANCED.

The same with Parries:
- they are the real thing with exists irl , in real MMA, so if you want a SIM game you must to want bring back Parries

but

as many of us said above - not as Parries were before, but NEW Parry mechanics, retuned/rebalanced = with RIGHT Risk/Reward balance.
Old 02-27-2019, 07:54 AM   #27
Pro

Quote:
HELL NO

You do not know what you are talking about. You are jumping to conclusions instantly.
Old 02-27-2019, 07:23 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriedr1ver
You do not know what you are talking about. You are jumping to conclusions instantly.
Hard to jump to conclusions when i have been playing the UFC franchise since the very first UFC undisputed and have been there and seen all of the crap you are trying to push forward here.

We need more automated animations? Really? Thats what this game needs? Out of all the things, this is the focus? Boy, if i dont know what im talking about, then you have never played this game cuz you are lost and confused.
Old 02-27-2019, 07:41 PM   #29
Pro

Quote:
Hard to jump to conclusions when i have been playing the UFC franchise since the very first UFC undisputed and have been there and seen all of the crap you are trying to push forward here.

We need more automated animations? Really? Thats what this game needs? Out of all the things, this is the focus? Boy, if i dont know what im talking about, then you have never played this game cuz you are lost and confused.
Okay so you have seen proper parries in the UFC franchise? Cause boy im pretty sure you are the only one.

You have literally just stayed that we are just wanting automated animations? You do not know what you are talking about.
Old 02-28-2019, 05:33 AM   #30
MVP

Gaethje's block style but requiring strict timing could be the parries we need.

Parries also should be distance based unless you're Anderson Silva or something.

Create A Fighter Content:
YouTube -> AydinZero

Music:
https://aydin-jewelz123.newgrounds.com/
Old 02-28-2019, 11:23 AM   #31
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

I'm curious what parries would've looked like in this version of the game. I vaguely remember GPD mentioning that he had a system in place pre-launch, but he scrapped it because he wasn't happy with it. I was hoping that we might see it added in during the course of the cycle, but that never materialized. I'm sure that they've given it a lot of thought since then. I have high hopes for UFC 4.

You guys have already broken this down pretty well. I don't remember anyone here ever advocating against the concept of parries, it's just that its execution was horrible. In UFC 2, opponents would move their hands up and down all fight like morons, fishing for a parry. You could even parry roundhouse kicks to the head like it was a lazy jab. That animation used to drive me crazy.

Last edited by Pappy Knuckles; 02-28-2019 at 11:28 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2019, 03:27 PM   #32
MVP

@ pappy knuckles , Well done well said .

If it's part of a brand new system of hand fighting I'm all for it .

It's just crazy as now defensive tools are seriously lacking when someone decides to go go all ham on you.

For example

Fighter B gets a hit stun and backs out of the pocket ...fighter B often gets a free body kick ( God help you if they have a body snatcher perk )

Fighter A gets a hit stun and lunges to the side ...as moving backwards in a straight line can be a death sentence , but Fighter B doesn't need to reset , an uppercut will track fighter B and more more .

You can parry all you want ...but tracking is has be tuned in this game .

Now you not only have to slip away from the over hand but from the three uppercuts that will follow can often track your head .

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »