Home

What's The "Cheesiest" Thing You Do In UFC 3?

This is a discussion on What's The "Cheesiest" Thing You Do In UFC 3? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2019, 01:47 AM   #9
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What's The "Cheesiest" Thing You Do In UFC 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimLeiper
I don't have time for people who try to outpoint me, especially when they're losing. So I'll just start going for Muay Thai clinch or cage take-down.

I don't think it's cheesy, but plenty of players have commented how it is and they'd destroy me on the feet...

If I'm winning the striking battle, the onus is on you to come forward. This playing it safe and hoping your opponent makes a huge mistake, all the while, you're losing, makes very little sense and often just prolongs the fight.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Operation Sports mobile app
This.

300%

It annoys me so much.

Dudes will be down 4 rounds and STILL back up, thinking they're playing technical. No dude, you're losing and your corner is booing you, Dana is booing you and your mother is booing you.

I dislike players with a lack of urgency.
Old 03-06-2019, 01:48 AM   #10
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Muay Thai clinch against the cage.

A lot of lower level guys who rely on constant pressure get really upset if you clinch them. I try not to go overboard with it, but if someone is pressuring relentlessly and I can't seem to get space or slow them down, I'll try to get the cage clinch, work to thai, and start working body knees and denials. This strategy is pretty effective for sapping some stamina and bringing their pace down to a more reasonable level. I do get some hate for clinching like that, but sometimes you gotta fight cheese with cheese I guess.

The other 1 would just be "running". I use an extremely patient and movement heavy, stick n move style, but some people see it as being a cheesy runner I guess.

To me, the clinch is the perfect counter to relentless pressure.
Old 03-06-2019, 05:27 AM   #11
Pro

One of my favorite things to do is throwing the same strike, such as a rear leg kick, over and over again (3-5 times) in a very short period. The logic is that when the fight has gone long enough your opponent starts having an idea of your patterns so they don't expect you to do something dumb and random.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2019, 10:37 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
This.

300%

It annoys me so much.

Dudes will be down 4 rounds and STILL back up, thinking they're playing technical. No dude, you're losing and your corner is booing you, Dana is booing you and your mother is booing you.

I dislike players with a lack of urgency.
That's it, no urgency. I understand the person might not give a crap about losing, but it's pretty unrealistic and turns potentially great fights into borefests. And I know that opening up increases the chances of being KO'd (that's exactly the situation they're trying to create for themselves with this constant backing up), but ****ing grow a pair.

Noticed someone mentioned they done a cheesy sub ...

Before my little break I had joined a UFC league on facebook, third fight in I subbed an Aldo with Ortega. He was content to stay in my guard and do nothing (anyone who plays this game should know not to be content in Ortega's guard). Anyway, couple of denials in rubberguard, let him move to full guard, triangle.

He starts laughing in the facebook chat and mentioned how cheesy it was. He could have been way more salty so fair play, but don't see how anyone can call that cheese.

If that's all it takes, I can label any player who picks top fighters in a division "cheesy".

Cheesy Aldo Bastards!

Old 03-06-2019, 10:43 AM   #13
Pro

Quote:
That's it, no urgency. I understand the person might not give a crap about losing, but it's pretty unrealistic and turns potentially great fights into borefests. And I know that opening up increases the chances of being KO'd (that's exactly the situation they're trying to create for themselves with this constant backing up), but ****ing grow a pair.
Did Woodley and Smith go all out and try to finish the fights in the 5th?
Old 03-06-2019, 11:24 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomitomitomi
Did Woodley and Smith go all out and try to finish the fights in the 5th?
Haha I thought Woodleys name would be dropped. But I don't see him defending his last performance, nor Smith, because people DID criticise or at least question their performances.

Old 03-06-2019, 11:30 AM   #15
Rookie

Your wording also has me wondering if you have a true grasp of what myself and Romero are talking about - we aren't telling anyone to go all out. We're talking about game plans.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2019, 12:41 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Haha I thought Woodleys name would be dropped. But I don't see him defending his last performance, nor Smith, because people DID criticise or at least question their performances.

You called it unrealistic when it happens all the time.

Quote:
Your wording also has me wondering if you have a true grasp of what myself and Romero are talking about - we aren't telling anyone to go all out. We're talking about game plans.
Romero was talking about people who will clearly lose the decision yet don't go for the finish.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »