Home

Show the chin meter in all modes

This is a discussion on Show the chin meter in all modes within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2019, 01:24 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Show the chin meter in all modes

Id like to see the chin meter on screen and hidden from opponents in ranked div 5 and up. Also would like the block meter seperated by side and front damage to show what we shouldht over commit to when blocking. Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2019, 02:13 PM   #2
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Re: Show the chin meter in all modes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
Id like to see the chin meter on screen and hidden from opponents in ranked div 5 and up. Also would like the block meter seperated by side and front damage to show what we shouldht over commit to when blocking. Thoughts?
No. That defeats the purpose of not being able to see your opponents HUD, you're supposed to be more skilled in those divisions for a reason.

When you're in Division 4 you have the benefit of being able to see both HUDs. Once you step up to the bigger leagues (as how most people would refer to it), it's up to YOUR ability to recognize said scenarios.

Also, the ANIMATION is what tells you how the block is overcommitting.

Jab the block three times vs Hooking the block three times: Two completely different animations, with the first example needing a round strike to break it and then a straight strike to break the second example.

This has been explained since Season 1, the visual cues are there in the game for a reason, use them.

Last edited by RomeroXVII; 03-06-2019 at 02:16 PM.
Old 03-06-2019, 10:31 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
No. That defeats the purpose of not being able to see your opponents HUD, you're supposed to be more skilled in those divisions for a reason.

When you're in Division 4 you have the benefit of being able to see both HUDs. Once you step up to the bigger leagues (as how most people would refer to it), it's up to YOUR ability to recognize said scenarios.

Also, the ANIMATION is what tells you how the block is overcommitting.

Jab the block three times vs Hooking the block three times: Two completely different animations, with the first example needing a round strike to break it and then a straight strike to break the second example.

This has been explained since Season 1, the visual cues are there in the game for a reason, use them.
Theres no good reason why the player cant see it. I know the visual queues.. It wouldnt be any benefit at all to your opponent. You can play like a hipster if you want to. Theres no reason for the user not to know how much front or side damage or chin they have. It could be the only meters hidden from your opponent. Unlike most "elite" players here i identify with people who arent as good as me. gasp maybe it would help people who learn visually. It should definitely be available at bare minimum in practice mode. Far from div 4 player. Wins over combo dmart pryoxis just to name a few. i
Old 03-06-2019, 10:39 PM   #4
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Theres no good reason why the player cant see it. I know the visual queues.. It wouldnt be any benefit at all to your opponent. You can play like a hipster if you want to. Theres no reason for the user not to know how much front or side damage or chin they have. It could be the only meters hidden from your opponent. Unlike most "elite" players here i identify with people who arent as good as me. gasp maybe it would help people who learn visually. It should definitely be available at bare minimum in practice mode. Far from div 4 player. Wins over combo dmart pryoxis just to name a few. i
I'm talking about RANKED.

Generally for sim purposes. And, being that ranked is as competitive as it is, it makes more sense to have that competitive edge to it, vs how quick fights are.

And it does benefit a specific playstyle, because it's now not a matter of, 'is this shot going to end it?' it's now, I know what set number of combinations will end the opponent since I can see their health.

One thing that is always in game, is the damage and damage bleed through, and this completely reverts things back to the land of Conor, Cormier, GSP,

You telling me you're not in Division 4 like I didn't already know this, is weird to me. I already know dudes you beat. That's not the topic of the conversation. I've beaten everybody, but that's not what the conversation is about.

And to further match your point, I was always hovering between 1500 and 1650 in Season 1, mainly because I didn't bobblehead, but I wasn't exactly an 'elite' player either. Advaita wasn't an elite player, Preunited wasn't. Nobody picked up this game and was godlike on it from the jump, aside from having advantages on the ground because the ground system is the same as UFC 2 with some changes to some cheeseable tactics.

If you wanna have the chin meter in practice mode, sure! That would make a lot more sense, as well as a frame calculator.

Pretttttty sure, the chin meter is the head health meter though.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
E-Sports Summer Series EA UFC Champion (Season 1)
ESFL UFC 4 Las Vegas 2022 World Champion

Last edited by RomeroXVII; 03-06-2019 at 11:48 PM.
Old 03-07-2019, 01:25 AM   #5
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Meters are the TOOLS to self learning the game and not only chin meter:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-tutorial.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2019, 01:30 AM   #6
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
Meters are the TOOLS to self learning the game and not only chin meter:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-tutorial.html
Yep, this I agree with having in PRACTICE mode 100%.
Old 03-07-2019, 12:44 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
Yep, this I agree with having in PRACTICE mode 100%.
Okay but if your div 5 and up who does it affect letting just you see it? I dont see any real "meat to your argument. Maybe Im missing the point? If your opponents cant see it it shouldn't be an issue
Old 03-07-2019, 08:36 PM   #8
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Okay but if your div 5 and up who does it affect letting just you see it? I dont see any real "meat to your argument. Maybe Im missing the point? If your opponents cant see it it shouldn't be an issue
You both can see each other's chin meter if you're both in Div 5.

Certain characters have a much higher chin than others.

Therefore, advantage goes to the players with a much higher chin. And between high level players, that bit of information matters a lot.

If you want one guy to be able to see their chin meter and another guy can't, that's a huge disadvantage that goes beyond the HUD. You focus on strikes that deplete the chin and it becomes a game of who murders the chin first, and that will subsequently lead to only picks of fighters with high chins.

That's what you're missing.

Not being able to see your opponents HUD+ using Visual Cues are the closest thing to making the Ranked Championships close to game like+ sim.

Last edited by RomeroXVII; 03-07-2019 at 08:39 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »