Home

We need Stun, Chin and Advantage METERS in PRACTICE only to solve lack of Tutorial

This is a discussion on We need Stun, Chin and Advantage METERS in PRACTICE only to solve lack of Tutorial within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2019, 01:21 AM   #1
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

OVR: 0
We need Stun, Chin and Advantage METERS in PRACTICE only to solve lack of Tutorial

What Meters are still hidden in the game:

1. Chin meter - determines how long to KO the opponent

2. Stun meter - determines reaching Health event (don’t mess it with Health bars, they are different)

3. Striking (frames) advantage meter - how early you can start your move. This is now the MOST IMPORTANT AND CRUCIAL meter - how many of us are using GPDs frame data
I think almost nobody.

All these meters already exists in Dev kit, but are hidden in the game.

They are very good important in exploring and learning the game, even by ourselves w/o any meta and frame data files and much less boring. Especially with a full lack of Tutorial in the game.

Devs, please, include ALL this 3 meters in PRACTICE ONLY.
Of course, none of them must to be showed in ANY division of RANKED modes.

Last edited by SUGATA; 03-07-2019 at 01:29 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2019, 01:35 AM   #2
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Re: We need Stun, Chin and Advantage METERS in PRACTICE only to solve lack of Tutoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA

2. Stun meter - determines reaching Health event (don’t mess it with Health bars, they are different)

3. Striking (frames) advantage meter - how early you can start your move. This is now the MOST IMPORTANT AND CRUCIAL meter - how many of us are using GPDs frame data
I think almost nobody.

They are very good important in exploring and learning the game, even by ourselves w/o any meta and frame data files and much less boring. Especially with a full lack of Tutorial in the game.

Yep, I agree with this. Practice mode should let you figure out frame recovery too, I like that you brought this up.
Old 03-07-2019, 08:38 PM   #3
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Re: We need Stun, Chin and Advantage METERS in PRACTICE only to solve lack of Tutoria

Agree with all this. There's a bit that needs to be added to practice imo. That's another thing they gotta follow from UD3...the practice mode settings. You should be able to set to any position and you should be able to record grapple moves for the CPU to follow.

Last edited by WarMMA; 03-07-2019 at 08:43 PM.
Old 03-07-2019, 11:32 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:

I think almost nobody.

Waiting on your thesis
Old 03-07-2019, 11:34 PM   #5
Banned

Showing only the meters to yourself wouldn't hurt anything just like stamina d5 and up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2019, 04:09 AM   #6
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
Showing only the meters to yourself wouldn't hurt anything just like stamina d5 and up

Why all those meters in Practice only and NOT for Ranked versus:
- bars meters are CONCRETE exact knowledge w CONCRETE exact results, so robotic gameplay (both players are looking on bars and meters not on the opponent).

- b/c in real life fight you never knows how EXACTLY your opponent is tired (his stamina bar), is injured (his Block and Health bars), is closed to KO (his CHin meter), is going to stun rocked (his Stun meter), you have striking advantage opening (Frame advantage meter) - NO exact knowledge, ONLY APPROXIMATE.

- bit you know your own feelings better - more exact.

- So, I am against showing ANY of his bars meters during Ranked , even Stamina and Block bars.

> so I agree in Ranked mode to show up MY Stamina and Block meters - b/c irl you can FEEL it, and no any meters for opponent b/c you can ONLY ANTICIPATE his conditions.

WHY we need ALL these meters for both in Practice - to learn and explore the dame rules and mechanics, do we can to create right scripts and tactics and understand our mistakes.

Last edited by SUGATA; 03-08-2019 at 04:26 AM.
Old 03-08-2019, 03:11 PM   #7
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Why all those meters in Practice only and NOT for Ranked versus:
- bars meters are CONCRETE exact knowledge w CONCRETE exact results, so robotic gameplay (both players are looking on bars and meters not on the opponent).

- b/c in real life fight you never knows how EXACTLY your opponent is tired (his stamina bar), is injured (his Block and Health bars), is closed to KO (his CHin meter), is going to stun rocked (his Stun meter), you have striking advantage opening (Frame advantage meter) - NO exact knowledge, ONLY APPROXIMATE.

- bit you know your own feelings better - more exact.

- So, I am against showing ANY of his bars meters during Ranked , even Stamina and Block bars.

> so I agree in Ranked mode to show up MY Stamina and Block meters - b/c irl you can FEEL it, and no any meters for opponent b/c you can ONLY ANTICIPATE his conditions.

WHY we need ALL these meters for both in Practice - to learn and explore the dame rules and mechanics, do we can to create right scripts and tactics and understand our mistakes.

You can even feel the vibration of the block breaking hit if you have the vibration on, believe it or not. I picked up on it in Season 7, had no clue it gave away how hard the hits were on the block.
Old 03-09-2019, 02:51 AM   #8
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
You can even feel the vibration of the block breaking hit if you have the vibration on, believe it or not. I picked up on it in Season 7, had no clue it gave away how hard the hits were on the block.
When Haptic feedback is switched Off you feel more clearly hit status. There are 3 situation:
1. Your strike whiffed - no vibration (frames disadvantage)
2. Your strike successfully blocked - very weak vibration
3. Your strike successfully landed , hit - strong vibration, stronger the cumulative damage from the strike (not strike itself, b/c it can become weak) - stronger vibration.
(Frames advantage)

THE SAME you feel when YOU are getting hits:
1. Opponent whiffed - no vibration (frames advantage)
2. You blocked - weak vibration
3. Opponent hits you - strong vibration.
(Frames disadvantage).
Very important to use Vibration signals for Hit Checking to feel opponent’s and your status and plan follow ups.

Last edited by SUGATA; 03-09-2019 at 03:30 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »