Home

Top players: do you use a new gen console and/or monitor?

This is a discussion on Top players: do you use a new gen console and/or monitor? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2019, 03:22 PM   #33
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Top players: do you use a new gen console and/or monitor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUFCVeteran
The game renders at 60fps on Pro, offline or online - but the background simulation and inputs all run at 30hz, so you don’t actually get a direct benefit in terms of faster inputs, you just see things a little easier.
So then its mainly the monitor. If you're using a gaming monitor, then you'll get the benifits of faster inputs and low response times.Of course like jigsaw said, that has nothing to do with EA. But I do think they should make the game higher fps across the board if its possible.

Last edited by WarMMA; 03-31-2019 at 03:26 PM.
Old 03-31-2019, 04:12 PM   #34
MVP

So let me get this straight - if I theoretically get a gaming monitor but stay with the OG console, and play a guy with a Pro, the gameplay discrepancy would be gone and he won't be seeing things before I do?
Old 03-31-2019, 05:25 PM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
So let me get this straight - if I theoretically get a gaming monitor but stay with the OG console, and play a guy with a Pro, the gameplay discrepancy would be gone and he won't be seeing things before I do?
There's definitely an advantage, especially in grappling, if you have a pro. Whatever the technical side of it is, there's 100% an advantage. Transition denials are much, much easier. I don't have one myself but everyone who does has said as much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2019, 07:30 PM   #36
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryangil23
There's definitely an advantage, especially in grappling, if you have a pro. Whatever the technical side of it is, there's 100% an advantage. Transition denials are much, much easier. I don't have one myself but everyone who does has said as much.
Wont matter if your connection is bad. But very true. Still have to have knowledge of when to predeny and how to actually play.
Old 03-31-2019, 08:42 PM   #37
Rookie

My experience-

I have a PS4 pro, regular xbox one and a 4K monitor, PS4 pro I can do everything on reaction and don’t have any issues except when just out played, Xbox one on same monitor is so choppy and is pretty much unplayable, the visual frame rate so poor compared to my pro, I get a headache when playing on Xbox one
Old 03-31-2019, 08:53 PM   #38
Pro

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/the-relaxe...video/72257883

^ I did my first ranked run in months a few days ago. Here’s one of the few matches I remembered to record. This guys been ranked #1 on Xbox before, and I’ve seen him active on ESFL. Just to show that even with an oldass xbox, and zero striking skills to speak of, I can get it done. By get it done, I mean run through top players in 2 mins with wrestling alone.

Sorta makes me wanna get that new console and monitor just so I can play ranked again without any disadvantages. Granted I don’t really care, or play much anymore so it’s not worth the purchase. This is the only videogame I play so it’s just not quite worth getting all that equipment.
Old 03-31-2019, 08:56 PM   #39
Rookie

The monitor will help with input delay..

But I mainly got it for fps shooting games where every half of a second matters.

But like head kick said , getting a monitor or an x really won’t make a difference if you don’t already know the transitions.

It’s not a magic trick that will just instantly make you better. It’s hours and hours of practice. I’ve learnedonce you have all the transitions down , the ground is more about anticipation of and correctly predicting where the opponent is going to go. It’s a lot of patience and repetition.

This season I’ve gotten to like rank 12 — 120-8 record with Matt Hughs strictly grappling.

I punched Santa is good , but far from great he is a top 100 For sure. I’d rank him in the upper 50’s of players.

Last edited by jigsaw736; 03-31-2019 at 09:59 PM.
Old 03-31-2019, 09:19 PM   #40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
Youll have an easier time but probably still get starched. Learn momentum transitions and knowing where your opponent will go will be much easier. People favor the fast transitions which are mostly momentum transitions and not possible to deny reactively. The difference betweeen top 100s and you is simple. You wait on someone to attempt to fullguard deny. We know your going to full guard so we predeny half guard. Noone fakes on me in half guard. Lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »