Home

Top players: do you use a new gen console and/or monitor?

This is a discussion on Top players: do you use a new gen console and/or monitor? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2019, 03:55 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Top players: do you use a new gen console and/or monitor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
Thank you, that was rather concise and I think helped me understand better. Obviously I had never thought that the very possession of better equipment alone would make you a worldbeater. That's ridiculous. But I wanted to know just how much of an edge it gave you. Because I could definitely feel like the game isn't quite responsive on my TV and PS4 but it looks so smooth on people who have Pro's videos. That, combined with the numerous comments by all sorts of players that it makes a big difference in experience just consolidated this impression. But yeah, I never thought that just having good equipment endows you with godlike skills, just that it makes a difference in experience. As for upgrading, that's not really on my to-do list, but thanks for your recommendation, I'll have it mind.
On a Side note... why are you so hated on Reddit?
Old 04-01-2019, 03:58 PM   #50
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveThisLife
On a Side note... why are you so hated on Reddit?
Hated on Reddit? I can't remember being "hated" on Reddit, I also use this username only on here. Are you mistaking me for someone else?
Old 04-01-2019, 04:01 PM   #51
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Thank you, that was rather concise and I think helped me understand better. Obviously I had never thought that the very possession of better equipment alone would make you a worldbeater. That's ridiculous. But I wanted to know just how much of an edge it gave you. Because I could definitely feel like the game isn't quite responsive on my TV and PS4 but it looks so smooth on people who have Pro's videos. That, combined with the numerous comments by all sorts of players that it makes a big difference in experience just consolidated this impression. But yeah, I never thought that just having good equipment endows you with godlike skills, just that it makes a difference in experience. As for upgrading, that's not really on my to-do list, but thanks for your recommendation, I'll have it mind.
The only edge it gave me is responsiveness on the ground, and that's all I really needed.

The only thing that needs to be fixed with this game are the bugs and tracking issues honestly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2019, 12:18 AM   #52
EA Game Changer

ZHunter1990's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUFCVeteran
The game renders at 60fps on Pro, offline or online - but the background simulation and inputs all run at 30hz, so you don’t actually get a direct benefit in terms of faster inputs, you just see things a little easier.
This is correct.

The benefit is in the smoothness of movements. It's easier to tell what is happening and react accordingly because you get to see double the information in the same time frame.

The denial windows are not bigger, there is no advantage other than visual clarity as far as consoles go.

Now as far as monitors vs TV's, depending on your TV, you could be at a disadvantage. I have a 55inch TV with 5ms response time and a 28inch monitor with 3ms response time. The difference is minimal but I prefer the monitor because I can sit closer to it and I don't have to glance up or down as far to see things like stamina/ high/lo mixups.

If you have a smart TV with a ****ty response time, you could be at a pretty big disadvantage.
Old 04-02-2019, 08:46 AM   #53
MVP

Just a heads up, Input Lag and Response Times are two different things afaik. You could have a 1ms monitor but the overall input lag could be like 11ms.

https://displaylag.com/display-database/

Check the 2018 TV models.

The OLED is about 22ms input lag.

Best monitors are around 8ms when at max refresh like 144hz.

Create A Fighter Content:
YouTube -> AydinZero

Music:
https://aydin-jewelz123.newgrounds.com/
Old 04-03-2019, 01:14 AM   #54
Rookie

Quote:
I was trying to get some clarity, can't say I did lol. I'm seeing all sorts of different responses, from (paraphrasing) "the Pro makes a huge difference", to "it's actually about the monitor, not the console" to "it's actually about skill and technology has nothing to do with it" to "you see things earlier" to "you don't actually see things earlier". So yeah, plenty's been said.
Well on my end the biggest things I noticed was denials were a lot easier to do, I am no ground wizard but it definitely made things much easier, no denying that. Biggest difference though like I said my blocking went up 100% compared to what it used to be.

Game also just kind of runs like crap on a regular ps4, feels a lot more choppy in general. I could not imagine playing on it after playing on the pro.
Old 04-03-2019, 01:42 AM   #55
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSmoke
Well on my end the biggest things I noticed was denials were a lot easier to do, I am no ground wizard but it definitely made things much easier, no denying that. Biggest difference though like I said my blocking went up 100% compared to what it used to be.

Game also just kind of runs like crap on a regular ps4, feels a lot more choppy in general. I could not imagine playing on it after playing on the pro.
I kinda have a mixture of things that contribute to this unresponsiveness and slowness I'm getting sometimes - a regular PS4, a TV that's anything but a modern one/one that has anything to do with gaming, and a connection that's okay and that's it. Many times things run fine though. I'm just trying to put my finger on the reason for this experience but it may not be just one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2019, 08:27 AM   #56
MVP

If you are on PS4 pls add me ... blupurple80

Just hoped online after a very long time . Not confident to attempt ranked yet .

Thanks .

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »