Home

Top players: do you use a new gen console and/or monitor?

This is a discussion on Top players: do you use a new gen console and/or monitor? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Demo Available Now, Features Kick-Off Mode and VOLTA Football - Post Your Impressions Here
NBA 2K20 Review

Old 04-04-2019, 02:25 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Top players: do you use a new gen console and/or monitor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
I kinda have a mixture of things that contribute to this unresponsiveness and slowness I'm getting sometimes - a regular PS4, a TV that's anything but a modern one/one that has anything to do with gaming, and a connection that's okay and that's it. Many times things run fine though. I'm just trying to put my finger on the reason for this experience but it may not be just one.
Its not your fault bro... nobody should have to go out and buy a slightly better system for 500 bucks to experience the game how it should be for everyone. I'll reiterate this time and time again, it's honestly sad they can't hit 60 fps on a new system when THQ did it on the ps3.
Old 04-23-2019, 03:58 PM   #58
Rookie

So, the pro came at the weekend and I noticed a bit of a difference. That was with a normal TV. The monitor came today and I can tell you for a fact that it does make a big difference. You still have to be fairly fast but you don't need to practically pre-deny. It's much more responsive in blocking and transition denials. If you want to be competitive then definitely get yourself the hardware.
Old 04-24-2019, 08:11 AM   #59
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSmoke
Its not your fault bro... nobody should have to go out and buy a slightly better system for 500 bucks to experience the game how it should be for everyone. I'll reiterate this time and time again, it's honestly sad they can't hit 60 fps on a new system when THQ did it on the ps3.
Whenever new hardware comes out the developers prioritize graphics over performance. I don't like it but that's how they operate.
Old 04-30-2019, 01:27 PM   #60
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Been playing on a 1080p TV w/ a regular PS4....hoping this handicap will give me a big boost when moving to the Pro or PS5 on a 4K down the line.

Not sure if I will actually go 110% and get a full on gaming monitor someday .... not like this game is paying the bills on a competitive level hahhaaha but if I would do it, I'd do it For The Love Of The Game !
2x Diamond (Top 10); 6x Platinum (40+ Wins)

Former #1 (EA MMA)
Former Top 10 (Fight Night Series) R.I.P. Joe Frazier
FNR4 Gamestop Tournament Vegas Qualifier (ONLY NON-ALI!!)
Click Here for Boiler's "BEST OF"!
Old 04-30-2019, 05:07 PM   #61
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
Been playing on a 1080p TV w/ a regular PS4....hoping this handicap will give me a big boost when moving to the Pro or PS5 on a 4K down the line.

Not sure if I will actually go 110% and get a full on gaming monitor someday .... not like this game is paying the bills on a competitive level hahhaaha but if I would do it, I'd do it For The Love Of The Game !
Getting a 4K is like the opposite of getting a gaming monitor unless ur willing to shell out your entire paycheck
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2019, 06:17 PM   #62
Rookie

I donít have any good hardware... i got the oldass TV from 178 AD and the original Xbox One that Thedore roosevelt played on.

Even still... I will split decision the living hell out of any man, regardless of hardware.

Except for jigsaw. That mofo definitely on EPO
Old 05-03-2019, 07:01 PM   #63
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Grappler
I donít have any good hardware... i got the oldass TV from 178 AD and the original Xbox One that Thedore roosevelt played on.

Even still... I will split decision the living hell out of any man, regardless of hardware.

Except for jigsaw. That mofo definitely on EPO
I hear that guy hammer is a goon too
Old 05-09-2019, 04:17 AM   #64
EA Game Changer

ZombieRommel's Arena

ZHunter pretty much already covered it.

A lot of TV's have an abysmal response time, because the TV's primary job is to show you TV shows and movies. They tend to do a lot of background post-processing work on the image, which takes some time and causes delay. Not a big deal if you are on your couch playing through the latest Gears of War campaign, but if you are getting sweaty in a 1v1 game then it's not what you want.

My current monitor is 165hz 1440p with 1ms response time -

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=operasport-20

I mainly got it for PC gaming since I value frame rate. Console games max out at 60FPS, but UFC3 at 1080p (stretched to 1440p) with supersampling anti-aliasing turned on in the PS4 Pro's settings looks pretty damn good.

For me personally 60FPS is a huge deal and I just flatly won't play the game at 30. All 30FPS games feel like utter dogsh*t to me. I bought Red Dead 2 and stopped playing after about 3 hours because the frame cap felt like someone was gouging out my eyes.

Your mileage may vary. But as someone who is used to playing games on PC from 120-165hz, 30 feels absolutely terrible.

Keep in mind, the NES, SNES, and Genesis all ran at a native 59.9hz. So like... Mario, Sonic... that was all 60FPS for the most part. When devs start valuing image quality over "feel" and fluidity was around the Playstation era. My overall point is that if you're playing an action game at 30FPS, you've actually gone backwards in terms of feeling and fluidity from what was achieved in 1985 on the NES.

Now... does 60FPS give you a discernible advantage? Not really, the game simulates at 30hz. But if you have decent eyes, 60FPS will "feel" vastly better and more responsive to you. You're getting twice the visual data.

So to sum up, the only real hard advantage comes from response time differences (but you hit diminishing returns once you are using a display with about 5ms response time). Smart TV's are notoriously delayed.

FPS is preference but if you have good eyes and can easily detect the difference between 30 and 60FPS, get a Pro and you will not regret it.

Last edited by ZombieRommel; 05-09-2019 at 04:19 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »