Home

Analysis of the Current Rock State Meta

This is a discussion on Analysis of the Current Rock State Meta within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2019, 06:06 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Analysis of the Current Rock State Meta

There needs to be no hit stun when walking backwards or forward while blocking. Really the solution is no stiff arm retreat tax or parries. People can wing 112 an entire fight and you can use the tools and it wont work. We need freeflowing combos to be less predictable. Also body shots need stopping power
Old 04-11-2019, 06:26 PM   #10
Rookie

Thanks for the Info, looks like its a 50/50 Guess on the slip

I personally still feel body work dont pay off in a 3 round fight. The body strikes are slow and have a really high risk of
1. Getting hit with a uppercut for attempting body Punches
2. Getting you leg kicks caught and Punished (knee catches too even tho this has only happened a handful off times in history)

Then after like maybe 30 Clean body strikes, (and my opponent threw all head strikes (mostly blocked))

We have the same stamina but his body health is slightly lower, but my head health is lower. (And i threw 60 strikes and my opponent threw 140 in RD one
I landed 18 clean body strikes he landed 24 but no body strikes YET we have the same stamina)

The purpose of working the body is to get a advantage in the later rounds, but in 3 round fights your way better off throwing Head strikes Blocked or landed (but not whiffs) Because the body strike just dont pay off #Proper

anyone else?
Old 04-11-2019, 06:42 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balboa

I personally still feel body work dont pay off in a 3 round fight. The body strikes are slow and have a really high risk of
2. Getting you leg kicks caught and Punished (knee catches too even tho this has only happened a handful off times in history)

Then after like maybe 30 Clean body strikes, (and my opponent threw all head strikes (mostly blocked))

We have the same stamina but his body health is slightly lower, but my head health is lower. (And i threw 60 strikes and my opponent threw 140 in RD one
I landed 18 clean body strikes he landed 24 but no body strikes YET we have the same stamina)

The purpose of working the body is to get a advantage in the later rounds, but in 3 round fights your way better off throwing Head strikes Blocked or landed (but not whiffs) Because the body strike just dont pay off #Proper

anyone else?
Really that’s a large factor to knee spam and block break spam. The current meta we have now is a direct result of what happened to body punches. Can’t kill the body and the head will die if body hooks are slow don’t stop forward aggression unless it’s a easily side stepped front kick and an insta rock for working the body is nowhere near fair a trade off
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2019, 09:53 PM   #12
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balboa

anyone else?

Disagree. Body strikes pay off dividends in even three round fights, because then when you land those strikes when they're in increased vulnerability, they're more than skewed.

There's an X amount of strikes it takes to get the body health down to a specific amount to where it flashes, the same with leg kicks with specific fighters if you do certain things, once you figure that out, it's gamechanging.
Old 04-11-2019, 10:09 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
Disagree. Body strikes pay off dividends in even three round fights, because then when you land those strikes when they're in increased vulnerability, they're more than skewed.

There's an X amount of strikes it takes to get the body health down to a specific amount to where it flashes, the same with leg kicks with specific fighters if you do certain things, once you figure that out, it's gamechanging.
Wait how is that possible to know?

Wouldnt it vary depending on body healt. toughness and stamina when the strike lands
Old 04-11-2019, 10:12 PM   #14
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Wait how is that possible to know?

Wouldnt it vary depending on body healt. toughness and stamina when the strike lands
Okay, I'll give up one secret. If I land 8-10 clean push leg kicks with Jose Aldo, doesn't matter if it's Conor McGregor or Frankie Edgar, their leg health is guaranteed to at least be blinking.

Same with Barao, same with Till, etc

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
E-Sports Summer Series EA UFC Champion (Season 1)
ESFL UFC 4 Las Vegas 2022 World Champion

Last edited by RomeroXVII; 04-11-2019 at 10:15 PM.
Old 04-11-2019, 11:00 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII

I done this is practice mode many times, and while I have been working the body since release, I find the AMOUNT of body strikes needed to get the "stamina" advantage (not health) in 3 rds (must have to land about 40) just isnt worth it, as soon as i started Mashing head combos only (which are so much faster). I have won almost every fight. Its so much easier to block break (which is only in gameland) than to keep getting caught going for the body. I do still mix it up a little to get my opponent body blocking so my 6 strike combos will break his block or land, but if im landing Blocked head shots it really hurts the opponent in the Long run, way more than Weak slow body strikes, Ever see a boxer hit that heavy bag. its 4 times the speed of our current body strikes. AND you should be able to throw a Double hook to one side, it was tyson go to move "Body hooks (to one side) then Uppercut"
or Body hook , head hook" and it was fast. no wind ups.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2019, 10:01 AM   #16
Banned

Forty body hooks is a bit excessive in a 3 round fight or 5 rd fight with acc clock. Sure I can exploit the jab feint but Im a sim player. Body work jab pressure and grappling should be meta not block breaking. Were asked to do unhuman sways to avoid 25\25\25\25 meta

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »