Home

Live Tuner Set - April 11, 2019

This is a discussion on Live Tuner Set - April 11, 2019 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2019, 09:27 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Live Tuner Set - April 11, 2019

I haven't been on here in a while...is it true the next game is being worked on or was that just a rumour?
Old 04-26-2019, 08:00 AM   #74
Pro

LarsP's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Then why is it so hard for you to post ONE full fight video?

I even said I’d be willing to stream myself. I dont care if you win. I just want proof that you actually use the tools like you say.
I'd like to see this as well. Head movement and footwork are really effective if you figured out your opponents patterns, but if you can fight while barely using block, i'd definitely want to see that.
Old 04-26-2019, 09:10 AM   #75
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsP
I'd like to see this as well. Head movement and footwork are really effective if you figured out your opponents patterns, but if you can fight while barely using block, i'd definitely want to see that.
I second that, I really liked those highlights and I'm curious to see some full fights.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2019, 10:05 AM   #76
Rookie

I agree the meta is stupid and I avoid it as much as possible, I’m another average player who understands all the mechanics. I have fun trying to be technical and landing with precision during peak vulnerability. Here’s a random div 4 fight, would love some feedback on the fight

https://youtu.be/lgbfQfhtXwo

I’m machida

Last edited by VitoBurrito; 04-26-2019 at 10:08 AM.
Old 04-26-2019, 10:21 AM   #77
Rookie

Haz, some of the things you've mentioned are spot on. But there is such a thing as intellectual arrogance and I think you're perhaps falling victim to that a little.

In order to fully use the defense techniques available, players are having to put in silly amount of hours. And yeh, it seems unfair, especially in the middle of a fight, to think those hours of practice are all for nothing if someone can time a certain combo and essentially negate all the defensive maneuvers you've made throughout the fight.

However, based on the images you provided recently showing striking stats, I can't help but feel your "play style" is perhaps a bit extreme, in the sense that you'll likely step back, instead of engage, when the correct maneuver would likely be, engage.

You suggested that players are simply gaming the game with these perfectly timed combos. Are you not gaming the game by refusing to engage? Dwindling them down to no stamina to the point where picking them apart is easy?

There are rules in MMA to discourage timidity and if you're moving in and out, refusing to strike when you can possibly do so without any negative effects, that could be perceived as timidity.

Just as you dislike the fact people can be successful with a perfectly timed combo, others dislike the fact players refuse to engage and solely focus on the stamina game.

I accept that my vision of your play style might not be accurate, but a video of a full fight would perhaps help.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-26-2019, 10:29 AM   #78
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitoBurrito
I agree the meta is stupid and I avoid it as much as possible, I’m another average player who understands all the mechanics. I have fun trying to be technical and landing with precision during peak vulnerability. Here’s a random div 4 fight, would love some feedback on the fight

https://youtu.be/lgbfQfhtXwo

I’m machida
Not sure any constructive criticism can be offered on that. You seemed to deal with him and his pressure without much issue.

There was a couple of times you landed on the block and you could have perhaps went for the body. But Yeh, he was dealt with effectively and efficiently.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-29-2019, 12:04 AM   #79
Rookie

Most head scratching update ever made the game feel like rock em sockem robots even more. Punches feel like they have half as much power, they needed MORE power not less. Weird, whatever. I've stopped expecting any realism from any EA series at this point, was sad because the updates were on point until whatever this update no one asked for came out of nowhere.
Old 04-29-2019, 09:36 AM   #80
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSmoke
Most head scratching update ever made the game feel like rock em sockem robots even more. Punches feel like they have half as much power, they needed MORE power not less. Weird, whatever. I've stopped expecting any realism from any EA series at this point, was sad because the updates were on point until whatever this update no one asked for came out of nowhere.
It was needed unfortunately this game was arcade with realistic damage, now we have arcade damage too hopefully in ufc 4 we could have a sim mode...

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »