Home

How to alleviate rock state knee spam meta: Buff bodyhooks and smart body work

This is a discussion on How to alleviate rock state knee spam meta: Buff bodyhooks and smart body work within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2019, 06:45 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: How to alleviate rock state knee spam meta: Buff bodyhooks and smart body work

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
This was also during the duck uppercut era. I respectfully disagree working that its viable. If it was knees and block breaks wouldnt be meta. Forward moving body hooks are 30 frames with 30 frame whiff. I can hit you with a rolling thunder or well timed head kick. You honestly believe thats fair? Why also would i level change during a rear body hook everytime? Thats a strategic move. I shouldnt be forced to telegraph it and omg does it look awful. It literally looks were throwing them from a submarine. I do perform at a high level even though i get esfl jitters. And blockbreaking was the meta in fn4 and the community unanimously spoke against it. I propose the following

1. Nerf the range boost and speed added by feints to a realistic level.

2. Buff forward moving body hooks 5 frames(30 frames to 25). Stationary 4 frames. (22 to 18)
3. (ufc 4) introduce parries with no stun or counter bonus

4. Increase rear knee execution frames plus 2 (18 to 20)

5. Reduce stuns while blocking
You post made me think, we don’t want stamina taxes from blocked strikes because the game would turn into a shield contest, but this choice created the block break meta. Why they don’t put a progressive stamina taxes on blocked strikes.
Example:
I throw one strike to the block, I get the tax we already have but if I throw 2 strikes in succession( like 1 second after the other) I get more taxed for the second strike, and this goes on with the combo. The good thing(for the pressure guys) it’s that we don’t need to drain to much permanent stamina in this system, we could only drain more the stamina bar wen the guy spam strikes on the block in succession.
I think this would kill the block break meta and make players think were they have to throw and use more feints

Last edited by bmlimo; 04-13-2019 at 10:12 AM.
Old 04-13-2019, 11:05 AM   #10
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Re: How to alleviate rock state knee spam meta: Buff bodyhooks and smart body work

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmlimo
You post made me think, we don’t want stamina taxes from blocked strikes because the game would turn into a shield contest, but this choice created the block break meta. Why they don’t put a progressive stamina taxes on blocked strikes.
Example:
I throw one strike to the block, I get the tax we already have but if I throw 2 strikes in succession( like 1 second after the other) I get more taxed for the second strike, and this goes on with the combo. The good thing(for the pressure guys) it’s that we don’t need to drain to much permanent stamina in this system, we could only drain more the stamina bar wen the guy spam strikes on the block in succession.
I think this would kill the block break meta and make players think were they have to throw and use more feints

Ive made this exact suggestion before

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 04-13-2019, 05:34 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmlimo
Example:

That actually makes perfect sense. On the ground your forced to be accurate. Spamming punches on the block costs you the position. But yet on the feet its incentived. Chip damage doesnt work well on the feet. Makes more sense on the ground. Where you want to grind your opponent. accuracy is not the meta or picking your shots. Who ever depletes the block first usually wins.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2019, 11:13 PM   #12
EA Game Changer

MartialMind's Arena

Bro, i'm gonna be as blunt as possible here.

You are WRONG. Body hooks do not need a buff. I couldn't possibly disagree more strongly.

First of all, the stationary rear knee SHOULD be faster than a stationary rear hook to the body. The knee is thrown from the stance, but the the right hook (The specific technique used in the game) requires a level change FIRST before the strike.

How could you argue "The reasoning isn't based on logic"?

Secondly, you always use Nick Diaz as an example, now also Max Holloway. I have one challenge for you. Provide a clip of Nick or Max throwing a body hook combo that isn't possible in the game right now.

That's all you need to do.

Lastly, i would agree with you if you asked for a body hook animation that didn't require a level change... The way the Diaz brothers throw it.. That'd be a different thing and something I personally would like. But the way the rear body hook specifically was animated flows realistically and the speed is appropriate considering the level change.
Old 04-14-2019, 05:15 AM   #13
Banned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqQNkXDwII4

#6 and around 2:36 for number 8. Also if its boxing level 5 there should be more dmg. And the topic here is level change and speed. 10 frames for a forward moving body hook is way too punishing and if you whiff thats another 30 frames. Diaz in this video rarely level changes. And his hands arent limited to left right combos. Hell throw several leadhooks. He often hand fights to land his body hooks. No boxer with technical prowess would telgraph that much wind up. Alot of people have agreed in several threads they need a buff

Last edited by 1212headkick; 04-14-2019 at 05:19 AM.
Old 04-15-2019, 07:54 AM   #14
Banned

No response? Hmmm... Interesting. Maybe because I proved my point did you hear him say "thats some video game ****" at 2:36 where he let off a 20 punch body combo with zero pause or level change? Diaz doesnt dip down even once nor is he slow like your suggesting. Point proven. They need buffed. I find it hilarious and hypocritical that you call smart body work "spam" yet think the 25/25/25/25 meta is fair. body work and accuracy should mean something. Dont wanna get body spammed? Block your body. Stay out of the pocket. It sounds like you guys just want people to lose to people who dont play with any strategy other than block break. If you think you should be rolling thundered for missing a body punch and call that realism. you are sadly mistaken

Last edited by 1212headkick; 04-15-2019 at 08:08 AM.
Old 04-15-2019, 08:10 AM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
You should record yourself playing against Jigsaw

He’s great at landing body punches.
Easy fight for me. What was your purpose in this thread again?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2019, 11:11 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialMind
Bro, i'm gonna be as blunt as possible here.

You are WRONG. Body hooks do not need a buff. I couldn't possibly disagree more strongly.

First of all, the stationary rear knee SHOULD be faster than a stationary rear hook to the body. The knee is thrown from the stance, but the the right hook (The specific technique used in the game) requires a level change FIRST before the strike.

How could you argue "The reasoning isn't based on logic"?

Secondly, you always use Nick Diaz as an example, now also Max Holloway. I have one challenge for you. Provide a clip of Nick or Max throwing a body hook combo that isn't possible in the game right now.

That's all you need to do.

Lastly, i would agree with you if you asked for a body hook animation that didn't require a level change... The way the Diaz brothers throw it.. That'd be a different thing and something I personally would like. But the way the rear body hook specifically was animated flows realistically and the speed is appropriate considering the level change.
Where did this idea that people can't move their arms while beginning to duck come from? Why would someone level change first then throw a strike to the body unless they were ducking first then striking? In real life, its one FLUID motion, if your going to use a level change body strike, you start throwing the punch at the same time your body starts changing level. There isn't some huge reduction in speed because you slightly move forward.

Did anyone watch UFC 236 this weekend? i feel like there were some great examples of forward moving body punches, and they didn't look like molasses punches.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »