Home

Should a "perfect" block be integrated in EA sports UFC 4

This is a discussion on Should a "perfect" block be integrated in EA sports UFC 4 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Review
NBA 2K20 Review

Old 04-21-2019, 01:08 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Should a "perfect" block be integrated in EA sports UFC 4

"Perfect" block, no I dont mean THQs impenetrable block, but a timing based block system that has short term deterioration with each hit. In real life, 3 strikes to the head are hardly ever at all blocked in succession. Head movement and evasion are used and blocking is normally the weakest line of defense against combinations. Fighters test eachother at a distance, breaking through the block, what if the blocking system worked so that camping on high block, or taking multiple hits, resulted in a heavily weakend block. If blocks are not properly timed = weakend block/hard breakthrough. Combination strikes against an only block defense = hard bleed through. This negates the use of recycling combinations to break block and requires intelligence use of perfect blocks, head movement, and footwork, to negate heavy offense. Feints also play VERY heavily into this, as a badly timed perfect block will result in a sub par defense against said strike, leading to more intelligent striking
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2019, 01:30 AM   #2
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Re: Should a "perfect" block be integrated in EA sports UFC 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gion
"Perfect" block, no I dont mean THQs impenetrable block, but a timing based block system that has short term deterioration with each hit. In real life, 3 strikes to the head are hardly ever at all blocked in succession. Head movement and evasion are used and blocking is normally the weakest line of defense against combinations. Fighters test eachother at a distance, breaking through the block, what if the blocking system worked so that camping on high block, or taking multiple hits, resulted in a heavily weakend block. If blocks are not properly timed = weakend block/hard breakthrough. Combination strikes against an only block defense = hard bleed through. This negates the use of recycling combinations to break block and requires intelligence use of perfect blocks, head movement, and footwork, to negate heavy offense. Feints also play VERY heavily into this, as a badly timed perfect block will result in a sub par defense against said strike, leading to more intelligent striking
You had my curiosity, but now you have my attention.
Old 04-21-2019, 02:03 AM   #3
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

It should work this way...as long and footwork is more evasive as well. Simple evasive foot work should be the best way to avoid strikes. I believe it should be harder to land clean shots in this game, but power should increase as well, and then stamina should be redone to further add to the realism.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-21-2019, 03:10 AM   #4
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

We already have the block as you describe:
- block breaking by Combo - you block for ex linear strikes but then circular strikes are partially landing.
- block bleeding - many factors affects block effectiveness % of blocked dmg
- constant blocking slow down stamina regeneration
From this POV timed not holder constant block is more effective.

If you are talking about implementing Just frame Block (clicked right on hit time) , which gives some sort of special advantage (for ex more Frame advantage):
- this will be a “Parry” by its nature. Parry is very large discussion theme
- we have lack of control inputs for this - I hope GPD will make click R2 for feint, keep holding R2 for Block w queue clearing. Possible input for Perfect Block - click R2 when no strike/TD are inputted (no way for feint).
Old 04-21-2019, 08:59 AM   #5
Rookie

I like this. I could see perfectly timed blocks working really well if they are actually hard to get. Otherwise everyone would always perfect block.

With something like this, the devs could increase regular block bleed-through and make it easier to break/penetrate block. This will bring the block closer to real MMA.

It would be awesome to see some new animations for a perfect block. Like your fighter would put a little head movement, perhaps a slight parry type animation (but NOT a parry mechanic, just the animation) into the block, clearly defining it as a perfect block.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2019, 03:10 PM   #6
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Yes 1000%

Stamina would need to be addressed in hand though as well, as right now stamina is tuned in a way to encourage block breaking. Stamina would need to be more realisticly adjusted for a system like op is suggesting to work.

But imo, it would make game both more realistic, and more enjoyable.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 04-21-2019, 04:01 PM   #7
Pro

This reminds me of the Deflect and Posture system in Sekiro. If you deflect attacks perfectly you're fine (and even get an advantage) but just block too much and your Posture will break, leaving you open
Old 04-22-2019, 12:22 PM   #8
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme_Bananas
This reminds me of the Deflect and Posture system in Sekiro. If you deflect attacks perfectly you're fine (and even get an advantage) but just block too much and your Posture will break, leaving you open
That reminded me of Sekiro, too. Just finished it this weekend. Missed a couple of secrets, even though they were right under my nose. So salty!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »