Home

Circling Out --- Sprint Option For UFC 4

This is a discussion on Circling Out --- Sprint Option For UFC 4 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2019, 04:36 PM   #121
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Circling Out --- Sprint Option For UFC 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Correct. I will ignore all of your points regarding gameplay since I'm under no obligation to discuss gameplay with you. I am willing to discuss your alleged past contributions to the game though in a comical manner as long as you continue to directly address me.

Once you decide to no longer reply or address me in anyway, I will return to ignoring you as I have in the past.
What about L3 as the input for sprinting?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2019, 04:57 PM   #122
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
What about L3 as the input for sprinting?

Nah, I don’t want to talk about that but we can talk about Matt Serra though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 05-02-2019, 05:12 PM   #123
Banned

Well that escalated quickly

Can we come back to the idea of a lateral movement option?

I actually think John had a good idea for the input. Have it mimic the stiff arm retreat but for left/right input.

Allow both sides to use it and be vulnerable to leg kicks/rounded strikes to the side you’re circling towards.
Old 05-02-2019, 05:19 PM   #124
MVP

Quote:
Nah, I don’t want to talk about that but we can talk about Matt Serra though.

This is embarrassing. How are you allowed to go off topic regularly but threaten to ban me few months ago for 'spamming' yet here you are spamming this thread with irrelevant personal attacks.

L3 allows us to condense sprinting into one input while free 2 others in the process. Click L3 and you can sprint forward or back.

If lateral sprinting/circling were added, it could be as simple as clicking L3 and moving sideways.
Old 05-02-2019, 05:19 PM   #125
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Well that escalated quickly

Can we come back to the idea of a lateral movement option?

I actually think John had a good idea for the input. Have it mimic the stiff arm retreat but for left/right input.

Allow both sides to use it and be vulnerable to leg kicks/rounded strikes to the side you’re circling towards.
Exactly, yeah, I see nothing wrong with it. I think some people should be able to do it faster though (Thompson, Machida). I actually wonder if everyone should be able to do it. I don't really imagine Derrick Lewis strafing like that. We should think about these things if we want it to be realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2019, 05:21 PM   #126
Banned

Quote:
No I didnt. I said I would "discuss" that idea with Philly. You really have to focus on the words I'm actually using not the ones you want me to say. I've never used the word "promote."

Also, this isnt my profession. I have no obligation to be professional. I dont get paid to be a GC. My only responsibility as a GC is to discuss the game with the devs and give input to the devs. I dont have to talk to you or anyone at OS about the game. I'm not obligated to do anything related to this forum. I was named a GC because the devs liked the offline input I gave for UFC1. No one voted me in.

Thats the case with all GCs across the board. I cant recall ever seeing a Madden or Fifa or Live GC come to OS and regularly discuss issues with the game. Thats not a part of the position.

So I dont have to respond to your opinions or ideas about the game...and I wont. I will respond to anything I want to as long as you keep addressing me. You want it to stop...stop replying.
I’m sure it has NOTHING to do with your best friend owning the site right? Come on man.... everyone has the right to human decency. I think the point here is we need another method of communicating our ideas to the devs because **** that was complained about early last year still hasn’t been fixed. Takedowns fixed? Nah double unders reversal. Pressure fixed? Nah jabs still op along with combos. And god knows just how many fighters are missing who should of been in at launch. I swear everywhere there’s a sim idea getting derailed you are not far off
Old 05-02-2019, 05:37 PM   #127
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
This game isn't even remotely close to Street Fighter, or any of those kinds of games; you're dragging it with that hyperbole.

Personally, I'm just hoping for more immersive grappling, and a solid game where every playstyle is viable.

Ok so,
heres there entire post which you replied to:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Lets say theres 10,000 active players; we can agree the active player base is at least 10,000 players still right? So ok, now lets look at the top 100-- The "comp" players that "don't want running". Thats only 1% of the entire base...... So we are seriously making decisions based on what 1% of the player base wants?

Ok next youre talking about what ESFL players want. So now we are talking about like 0.1% of the player base. So now we are making decisions based on what 0.1% of the player base wants?

In what universe does either of those scenerios make sense?

How about you just base the game on the sport its supposed to emulate, and stop worrying about making Street Fighter with MMA skins.

-- And if we are talking about Esports, well, no serious fighting game players take UFC seriously anyway-- so there's again, just a very tiny demographic looking at UFC as an actual Esport. That's just fantasy land in all honesty, and isn't going to happen. So designing based around that idea makes no sense either.

Now the arguement that the top players know the game best, so they know what the game needs is also extremely flawed. They know the game best, yes, but they also have an innate and dramatic bias; which is to a meta which they have learned, mastered, and gives them Ws. They know what the game needs to be more authentic, but they also know what they want, which is more often than not, far from authenticity. They have an automatic subjective bias against new mechanics, because the current systems they already have mastered.

Many of these players openly admit they could care less about realism... Which makes no sense to me on a personal level; why are you even playing an MMA game then at that point? Their opinions have no more weight to them than the sim players, because they also are looking for a specific, tailored game experience. The only difference is their vision of the game, pushes it further and further from the path of authenticity, and replicating the sport its supposed to be replicating-- And more and more into a weird super niche video gamey fantasy world that only a very verrrry small amount of players actually want or enjoy.

The thing is. You could introduce any mechanic you can imagine, and guys like Kinetic would still be top players. These guys are top players because they are amazing gamers. It has nothing to do with the current meta being "balanced", which it isn't anyways.

Top players are always going to be the top players. So stop worrying about further catering the game to them. Stop designing the game for 1% of the player base.

So out of that entire post, and the multiple points I made, the only thing you felt compelled to reply to is the words "Street Fighter"?

You know exactly what I mean... I'm not saying UFC has Power bars, and Hadukens... I'm not sayiny UFC is Street Fighter, or Tekken, or Dead or Alive. Im saying they are modeling their game design off the concepts and mechanics in Competitive Fighters instead of focusing on the authenticity of the sport.. This point is obvious, and not even debated. That's even part of Aberts arguement; that comp players want a comp fighter, regardless of realism.

Which at that point just go play Mortal Kombat or any other comp fighter, like Tweedy did. There are already plenty of games which fill that demographic.

However, this type of sole focus on semantics instead of concepts is entirely a deflection tactic. I see this way too often on these boards. Someone has an interesting idea and then a few members come in and argue for 4 pages about semantics and bam, thread derailed. Happens constantly, and this is the only forum where ive seen this phenomenon so prevelantly.

I'm glad you agree that all styles should be represented though. As of now, many styles are possible, but pressure is still by farrrrr the most dominant force in the current meta. I don't think that's even up for debate. It's just how this game currently functions.

¬¬¬¬¬¬
*edit* Tone can be hard to convey via txt, so I just want to be absolutely clear, this is in no way attacking Romero. Romero is cool as hell, always been chill to me, and is a super legit player. Nothing but respect.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports

Last edited by Haz____; 05-02-2019 at 05:54 PM.
Old 05-02-2019, 05:46 PM   #128
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
This is embarrassing. How are you allowed to go off topic regularly but threaten to ban me few months ago for 'spamming' yet here you are spamming this thread with irrelevant personal attacks.

L3 allows us to condense sprinting into one input while free 2 others in the process. Click L3 and you can sprint forward or back.

If lateral sprinting/circling were added, it could be as simple as clicking L3 and moving sideways.

I. Can’t. Ban. You. LOL

Stop addressing me and this ends.

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »