Home

Circling Out --- Sprint Option For UFC 4

This is a discussion on Circling Out --- Sprint Option For UFC 4 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2019, 05:52 PM   #129
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Circling Out --- Sprint Option For UFC 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
I’m sure it has NOTHING to do with your best friend owning the site right? Come on man.... everyone has the right to human decency. I think the point here is we need another method of communicating our ideas to the devs because **** that was complained about early last year still hasn’t been fixed. Takedowns fixed? Nah double unders reversal. Pressure fixed? Nah jabs still op along with combos. And god knows just how many fighters are missing who should of been in at launch. I swear everywhere there’s a sim idea getting derailed you are not far off

Lol!!! Steve Noah is my best friend?

Yo that is ****ing hilarious. I like Steve. He’s a great guy. I met him about 15 yrs ago at E3. Once. As usual you have no idea what you are talking about.

You can try to hang the fact that many of the sim ideas that you and others want get derailed and never happen. I mean it’s not true but if you want a scapegoat....I’ll be that guy.

Or you can face facts that maybe your approach doesn’t work. Maybe you need to get better at expressing your thoughts and ideas. Maybe you need to accept that the game caters to a lot of different players who may or may not agree with you.

But you can blame me if that makes you feel better. Only question is who are you going to blame when I never respond to gameplay questions/threads? I already don’t respond to like 90% of them so I can’t be having that much of an effect on your ability to get **** added.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 05-02-2019, 06:06 PM   #130
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I. Can’t. Ban. You. LOL

Stop addressing me and this ends.

Why are you ignoring a reasonable idea because you don't like me? Even people that usually support you agree. That's the definition of prejudice and discrimination. Not taking arguments at face value but instead focusing on me instead.

You specifically asked me for ideas that are basically unanimous between comp, sim, and casuals. I gave you an idea that is not only that but also relevant to this thread topic.

Alot of people (including comp) complain about sprinting being unintuitive in this game. You rarely see people use it, even at the higher levels like ESFL and top 100 ranked. A major reason is the double flick towards input is obstructive, it changes from straight towards to diagonal at angles, this isn't explained only learnt by experience.

L3 is far more accessible and allows us to sprint back and forth or even laterally if circling is added. For as much as you harp on casuals and comp, both benefit from a more user friendly input for such a basic function as sprint.

Sprint (and lateral sprint/circling) can be used offensively or defensively and is a matter a skill.
Old 05-02-2019, 06:14 PM   #131
MVP

Quote:

Or you can face facts that maybe your approach doesnt work. Maybe you need to get better at expressing your thoughts and ideas. Maybe you need to accept that the game caters to a lot of different players who may or may not agree with you.

But you can blame me if that makes you feel better. Only question is who are you going to blame when I never respond to gameplay questions/threads? I already don’t respond to like 90% of them so I can’t be having that much of an effect on your ability to get **** added.

So what does that entail? You always criticize the method but haven't specified here what you want to see improved. I mean exactly things so there is transparent criteria.

Before something predictable like go to other sites and find consensus. I mean how exactly do you want people to present their ideas? What approach do you recommend. Simply put, you have said what not to do but not what to do exactly.

What's your criteria? Like a judge it shouldn't be ambiguous, rather clear.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2019, 06:14 PM   #132
Banned

Fight night did well because it mimicked the sport and there were pro leagues and big tournaments. Mma fans play this because they dont want to play an arcade fighter. Someones feelings gotta get hurt here. The majority do want a sim experience. Just read the forbes article or USER reviews on metacritic. You lose fans the more unrealistic you make the game
Old 05-02-2019, 06:18 PM   #133
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
Why are you ignoring a reasonable idea because you don't like me? Even people that usually support you agree. That's the definition of prejudice and discrimination. Not taking arguments at face value but instead focusing on me instead.

You specifically asked me for ideas that are basically unanimous between comp, sim, and casuals. I gave you an idea that is not only that but also relevant to this thread topic.

Alot of people (including comp) complain about sprinting being unintuitive in this game. You rarely see people use it, even at the higher levels like ESFL and top 100 ranked. A major reason is the double flick towards input is obstructive, it changes from straight towards to diagonal at angles, this isn't explained only learnt by experience.

L3 is far more accessible and allows us to sprint back and forth or even laterally if circling is added. For as much as you harp on casuals and comp, both benefit from a more user friendly input for such a basic function as sprint.

Sprint (and lateral sprint/circling) can be used offensively or defensively and is a matter a skill.
Why do you need me to respond to your idea?

This isnt prejudice. I havent prejudged you in anyway. My reason for not responding is based solely on my past experiences with you. This isnt discrimination. I respond to plenty of sim minded people. I just wont respond to you.

You need to let it go at this point because I'm not going to respond to you about your point. You have plenty of people here who have already responded. You can send your idea to GPD on Twitter. You can PM the 6 other GCs.

You just wont get what you want from me.
Old 05-02-2019, 06:29 PM   #134
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Ok so,
heres there entire post which you replied to:

So out of that entire post, and the multiple points I made, the only thing you felt compelled to reply to is the words "Street Fighter"?

You know exactly what I mean... I'm not saying UFC has Power bars, and Hadukens... I'm not sayiny UFC is Street Fighter, or Tekken, or Dead or Alive. Im saying they are modeling their game design off the concepts and mechanics in Competitive Fighters instead of focusing on the authenticity of the sport.. This point is obvious, and not even debated. That's even part of Aberts arguement; that comp players want a comp fighter, regardless of realism.

Which at that point just go play Mortal Kombat or any other comp fighter, like Tweedy did. There are already plenty of games which fill that demographic.

However, this type of sole focus on semantics instead of concepts is entirely a deflection tactic. I see this way too often on these boards. Someone has an interesting idea and then a few members come in and argue for 4 pages about semantics and bam, thread derailed. Happens constantly, and this is the only forum where ive seen this phenomenon so prevelantly.

I'm glad you agree that all styles should be represented though. As of now, many styles are possible, but pressure is still by farrrrr the most dominant force in the current meta. I don't think that's even up for debate. It's just how this game currently functions.

¬¬¬¬¬¬
*edit* Tone can be hard to convey via txt, so I just want to be absolutely clear, this is in no way attacking Romero. Romero is cool as hell, always been chill to me, and is a super legit player. Nothing but respect.
No problem my guy. Yep, I specifically replied to that part because it was the only one where I feel that needed to be addressed. In general with regards to pressure, I definitely feel where the point is coming from.

The few things that nullifies pressure in game is a superior grappler i.e using the clinch, hit stun TDs and GA TDs, and once you get them to the ground, denials have to be on point. And, from a realistic perspective, I'm not even a fan of the grappling in game and I'm a wrestler, but that's why we're here as a community to HELP give solid feedback without having to bash the GCs, Dev's, etc etc.

If they didn't care about how we felt, we would have been left with the various issues we had in the beginning of the game. Geoff even dropped a tuner that really helps against pressure with regards to getting rocked and whatnot.

I think out of every single MMA game that has been created, in terms of fluidity (especially offline) this game has done extremely well. I love the striking in game, I love the undeniable TDs, low singles, cage animations that were added, so many things. But like everything, things can always be done better and since we know UFC 4 is confirmed, now is the time to speak up and let what you desire to be in the next game have a chance to be implemented, as long as it comes with concise reasoning.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
E-Sports Summer Series EA UFC Champion (Season 1)
ESFL UFC 4 Las Vegas 2022 World Champion
Old 05-02-2019, 06:34 PM   #135
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
I agree we definitely need a better and quicker way to circle the cage. What we have now isn't enough. I also made an idea about a quick cage circling mechanic sometime last year. Was able to dig it up, so i'll just post it here...

Quick Shuffling

The Way it Works: So similar to the quick retreat(the new backward evasive movement we got in the recent patch), holding the two shoulder buttons and moving your fighter laterally will result in your fighter quickly shuffling to the desired side. And just like the quick retreat, this movement will have increased speed, keep your defenses up and will drain stamina. The general movement should look like this...

Using the Quick Shuffle to Circle off or Cut off the Cage: So pretty much the main thing this movement can be used for is to circle off or to cut off the cage like irl. So as a fighter who's back is headed towards or against the cage, you can simply use the quick shuffle to escape and circle off to your left/right. Below we see Wonderboy gets a bit stuck by the cage and uses the quick shuffle along the cage to his right to relieve Woodleys pressure...

In another scenario, we see both guys using it. Weidman lands a kick that backs Machida into the cage and Machida quickly shuffles to his right. Weidman responds with a quick shuffle of his own in that direction, cutting off the cage...

Using Head Movement and Lunges with the Quick Shuffle:Along with using the quick shuffle to escape in a certain direction, you would also be able to tie head movement into it and lunge out of it. So for example, say you're stuck against the cage and begin quick shuffling to a side to escape. If your opponent charges in with a strike and you see it coming, you would be able to slip the strike with head movement (in all directions except back of course) while shuffling or lunge out of the shuffle in the desired direction. Below is a visual example of Woodley using head movement while quick shuffling, to slip a Wonderboy left straight...

In another gif, we see Wonderboy shuffling to his right and quickly lunging out of it to his left to avoid a Hendricks right hand...

Stats and the Quick Shuffle: Like most things, this movement will also be affected by fighters stats. So for example, Wonderboy will have a faster quick shuffle than say Maia, because of his higher footwork stat. Or Anderson Silva will have quicker slips out of the quick shuffle than DC does, because of his higher head movement stat.

Please, in the midst of all of this senseless arguing, don't let this be lost in the thread. This is a REALLLY good thing that should be implemented in the next game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2019, 06:37 PM   #136
MVP

Quote:
Why do you need me to respond to your idea?

This isnt prejudice. I havent prejudged you in anyway. My reason for not responding is based solely on my past experiences with you. This isnt discrimination. I respond to plenty of sim minded people. I just wont respond to you.

You need to let it go at this point because I'm not going to respond to you about your point. You have plenty of people here who have already responded. You can send your idea to GPD on Twitter. You can PM the 6 other GCs.

You just wont get what you want from me.
Except ignoring my ideas because you don't like your past experience with me... Is discrimination. An example of favoritism and bias. You are not being objective with my ideas but ignoring them because of who wrote it.

L3 as the input for sprint is more user friendly, intuitive, and accessible. Philly thought it was a good idea, so since you don't like discussing with me... Why don't you discuss the idea with Philly and the many others. They agreed with me on this.

The idea contradicts your narrative that comp hates running and you don't like your agenda being confronted.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »