Home

Circling Out --- Sprint Option For UFC 4

This is a discussion on Circling Out --- Sprint Option For UFC 4 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2019, 12:04 PM   #25
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Circling Out --- Sprint Option For UFC 4

Thing is sadly, most comp players don't care about sim/realism. All they care about is winning and being the best at the "game". They are just "game" guys and some aren't even fans of the sport probably. So anything they feel will hinder their chances at winning, they won't want. I can say for a fact that aholbert32 has been all for a lot of sim stuff. What he's trying to say is that those guys are a waay more vocal crowd than us sim guys and the only way things get impacted more is if we're more vocal. It's lots of them and little of us smh. Sometimes I wish EA UFC wasn't even on any sort of competitive scene tbh, cuz some of these guys are annoying as hell. They don't really care about how true to the sport the game is. It's only about winning for them.

Last edited by WarMMA; 05-01-2019 at 12:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2019, 12:08 PM   #26
Pro

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...t-general.html
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ting-done.html
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-movement.html
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-standup.html

Here's the threads where this was brought up at the start of the game cycle, comp players do not want this change.
Old 05-01-2019, 12:14 PM   #27
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Top players make up the smallest percentage of the player base.

Maybe don't cater your game design to ~10% of your playerbase.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports

Last edited by Haz____; 05-01-2019 at 12:16 PM.
Old 05-01-2019, 12:41 PM   #28
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Top players make up the smallest percentage of the player base.

Maybe don't cater your game design to ~10% of your playerbase.
The counter to that (and what the comp player GCs argue) is that top comp players are best suited to give advice on the game because not only have they put in significantly more time into the game than offline players (like me) or casual online players but they also are better at identifying issues with the game given their skill level.

Also its kind of hard to say dont listen to a part of the player base (comp players) because they are small but listen to another small percentage of the player base (hardcore sim players). ****, you represent an even smaller percentage (hardcore sim players that play primarily online).

The size of a particular group should matter. What should matter is whats best for the game.
Old 05-01-2019, 12:51 PM   #29
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
Thing is sadly, most comp players don't care about sim/realism. All they care about is winning and being the best at the "game". They are just "game" guys and some aren't even fans of the sport probably. So anything they feel will hinder their chances at winning, they won't want. I can say for a fact that aholbert32 has been all for a lot of sim stuff. What he's trying to say is that those guys are a waay more vocal crowd than us sim guys and the only way things get impacted more is if we're more vocal. It's lots of them and little of us smh. Sometimes I wish EA UFC wasn't even on any sort of competitive scene tbh, cuz some of these guys are annoying as hell. They don't really care about how true to the sport the game is. It's only about winning for them.
Thank you.

One of the reasons why things move so slow on the sim side is because they are more vocal. Its not the only reason. Not at all but it does play a role.
Old 05-01-2019, 12:56 PM   #30
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Thank you.

One of the reasons why things move so slow on the sim side is because they are more vocal. Its not the only reason. Not at all but it does play a role.
Are we realism guys that quiet? We've been talking about lots of things in the way of realism for a really long time and pretty constantly too. I've felt like I'm repeating myself a number of times now. How much more vocal can we get?
Old 05-01-2019, 01:05 PM   #31
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
Are we realism guys that quiet? We've been talking about lots of things in the way of realism for a really long time and pretty constantly too. I've felt like I'm repeating myself a number of times now. How much more vocal can we get?
A thread on OS isnt really being vocal. Its basically just talking to people who are like minded. There isnt a ton of pushback that comes from OS when it comes to adding sim elements.

Check out Geoff's twitter. Those comp guys are regularly tagging him and replying to comments directly. They are constantly vocal on the ESFL discord and other outlets like Reddit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2019, 01:14 PM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
A thread on OS isnt really being vocal. Its basically just talking to people who are like minded. There isnt a ton of pushback that comes from OS when it comes to adding sim elements.

Check out Geoff's twitter. Those comp guys are regularly tagging him and replying to comments directly. They are constantly vocal on the ESFL discord and other outlets like Reddit.
Right. Well everything that's been said here is said to be seen by the developers and indeed, we get to interact with 2 or even 3 of them directly. We also get to interact with a number of gamechangers, plus some competitive players. It's not like this is some obscure place where we have no chance to be heard - on the contrary. I don't really get why it matters that this is OS and not Reddit, apart from maybe the fact that we could get more people to support (or refute) what we want, but more people would naturally also make us more "vocal". But then it's also about numbers, not simply about being vocal. I can't say we haven't been really vocal for as long as I've been on here anyway, we have been.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »