Home

Circling Out --- Sprint Option For UFC 4

This is a discussion on Circling Out --- Sprint Option For UFC 4 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2019, 10:40 AM   #457
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Circling Out --- Sprint Option For UFC 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
I can only go by what I see. If it wasnt wed have this feature and zombie you need a video to prove your claims. Just sounds like your raging. It grows old when we have to beg and you say "but comp players" and when one voices up you guys slight him for agreeing with the majority. Fact is most players there have an exploit they use. And you guys just take their side. Im tired of hearing rommel go on long winded rants but not willing to provide evidence when hes challenged but for everyone else its mandatory. We do have angled strikes that stop movement. The problem for both is no lateral movement. The shuffle should benefit pressure and outside fighters. Cutting off the cage is mindblowingly easy. You back them up with straights and lunging jab and dont try to smother but be in and out. Move the stick up and down with them. Lunging jab to keep them there. Its very simple . I doubt rommel uses it in this fashion or hed know too but yet posts memes to make fun because he knows hes wrong. 50 pages and not one video? Sorry. You may be better then some players but your also human and people lie. I say this with the community in mind. Not myself. Im a pressure fighter. If you need to see how to use it just ask.
It’s even easier when the game want you to apply pressure as blocked strikes don’t consume to much stamina, combos has speed and stamina advantage over single strikes, overhand cover half octagon and doesn’t have recovery time after u throw and other things.
Old 05-18-2019, 12:56 PM   #458
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieRommel
I think I figured out a big part of why cutting the cage is so hard against people who run backward and diagonally to the side:

We don't have diagonal-moving strikes.

It seems obvious now that I think about it. If someone is running backward and to the side, you have two choices. You can throw a sideways strike and be out of range (their backward movement will move them away). OR you can throw a forward moving strike, at which point you stop moving sideways with them. So once your strike is done, they've already circled out of range.

I'm almost positive that we had diagonal moving punches in FNC, which is why you could keep pace with someone who was circling and still apply pressure without them creating a huge distance gulf.
But if they keep movin back you’d eventually have them against the cage. Then your lateral strikes will hit them and keep them there.

Outside of that glitch (which I dunno how frequent it is) there isnt anything keeping you from getting someone against the cage if they try to fight off the backfoot.

Last edited by Phillyboi207; 05-18-2019 at 04:56 PM.
Old 05-18-2019, 02:08 PM   #459
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
I can only go by what I see. If it wasnt wed have this feature and zombie you need a video to prove your claims. Just sounds like your raging. It grows old when we have to beg and you say "but comp players" and when one voices up you guys slight him for agreeing with the majority. Fact is most players there have an exploit they use. And you guys just take their side. Im tired of hearing rommel go on long winded rants but not willing to provide evidence when hes challenged but for everyone else its mandatory. We do have angled strikes that stop movement. The problem for both is no lateral movement. The shuffle should benefit pressure and outside fighters. Cutting off the cage is mindblowingly easy. You back them up with straights and lunging jab and dont try to smother but be in and out. Move the stick up and down with them. Lunging jab to keep them there. Its very simple . I doubt rommel uses it in this fashion or hed know too but yet posts memes to make fun because he knows hes wrong. 50 pages and not one video? Sorry. You may be better then some players but your also human and people lie. I say this with the community in mind. Not myself. Im a pressure fighter. If you need to see how to use it just ask.
This is nonsense. I dont even know what "raging" is? LOL.

You have to be more clear about what you are saying. If your argument is the devs only listen to top 100 players, there is some substance to that argument. It isnt completely true but when it came to UFC 3, I'd argue that top 100 players helped shape the meta more than any other group. That doesnt mean that the devs only listened to them though. If that was the case, GPD wouldnt have added any of the movement changes.

You dont represent the majority of top 100 fighters or comp fighters. You dont. You are a minority within your group. You are more aligned with OSers when it comes to gameplay.

With that said, this is EA's game. This is a game shaped by GPD from a gameplay perspective. Did you guys ever think that maybe this is the game EA/GPD want? That they are OK with the game having more of a competitive focus? That they think that people who played the game the most and at the highest level are the ones best suited to have input on the game?

I dont agree with that. I think they should have less input because the game should cater to more than just their playstyle but I stopped fighting against that tide months ago. There comes a point where you have to accept the game for what it is. Maybe they will go a different direction with UFC 4 but I'm not super confident about that.

If the argument is that you have to be a top 100 player to have support for an idea on OS? Thats false. Absolutely false. There are probably 3 top 100 players that regularly post on OS. OSers simply arent typically at that level.

Also, can you use paragraphs? Its very difficult to read when you make long posts and I legit want to understand what you are saying.
Old 05-18-2019, 04:14 PM   #460
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32

You have to be more clear about what you are saying. If your argument is the devs only listen to top 100 players, there is some substance to that argument. It isnt completely true but when it came to UFC 3, I'd argue that top 100 players helped shape the meta more than any other group. That doesnt mean that the devs only listened to them though. If that was the case, GPD wouldnt have added any of the movement changes.

You dont represent the majority of top 100 fighters or comp fighters. You dont. You are a minority within your group. You are more aligned with OSers when it comes to gameplay.

With that said, this is EA's game. This is a game shaped by GPD from a gameplay perspective. Did you guys ever think that maybe this is the game EA/GPD want? That they are OK with the game having more of a competitive focus? That they think that people who played the game the most and at the highest level are the ones best suited to have input on the game?

I dont agree with that. I think they should have less input because the game should cater to more than just their playstyle but I stopped fighting against that tide months ago. There comes a point where you have to accept the game for what it is. Maybe they will go a different direction with UFC 4 but I'm not super confident about that.

If the argument is that you have to be a top 100 player to have support for an idea on OS? Thats false. Absolutely false. There are probably 3 top 100 players that regularly post on OS. OSers simply arent typically at that level.

Also, can you use paragraphs? Its very difficult to read when you make long posts and I legit want to understand what you are saying.
It’s not about the game ea wants and I say that respectfully but it’s about the game WE want. A simulation. Where the rules are derived from realism. Not 15 rocks to finish an opponent. Not pressure being the end all be all to everything. The problem is the skill gap for pressuring is actually quite low. Just literally spam the jab. Jabbing on the back foot is not equally effective.

Your forced to move directly back instead of laterally. The devs should look at the 60 plus pages of post after post of people demanding this feature. The sim crowd has been completely alienated. And again we post videos. So we do what’s asked and are politely told to be quiet. Me - because I know the game - have a very hard time being told to just be quiet.

The more true to the life game is the more it will be sell. I hate to beat the undisputed drum but it sold because the ground was realistic. It was 60 frames per second . It didn’t have a dial a combo. And all styles had a fair chance to win. Especially outside fighting.

Instead of focusing only paragraph. Focus on the meat and potatoes of my argument. Again it’s been deflected

Last edited by 1212headkick; 05-18-2019 at 05:34 PM.
Old 05-18-2019, 05:32 PM   #461
MVP

Quote:

There’s no competition man, the online player base is to small to have any kind of true competition

Last edited by bmlimo; 05-18-2019 at 06:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2019, 05:58 PM   #462
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
It’s not about the game ea wants and I say that respectfully but it’s about the game WE want. A simulation. Where the rules are derived from realism. Not 15 rocks to finish an opponent. Not pressure being the end all be all to everything. The problem is the skill gap for pressuring is actually quite low. Just literally spam the jab. Jabbing on the back foot is not equally effective.

Your forced to move directly back instead of laterally. The devs should look at the 60 plus pages of post after post of people demanding this feature. The sim crowd has been completely alienated. And again we post videos. So we do what’s asked and are politely told to be quiet. Me - because I know the game - have a very hard time being told to just be quiet.

The more true to the life game is the more it will be sell. I hate to beat the undisputed drum but it sold because the ground was realistic. It was 60 frames per second . It didn’t have a dial a combo. And all styles had a fair chance to win. Especially outside fighting.

Instead of focusing only paragraph. Focus on the meat and potatoes of my argument. Again it’s been deflected

I mentioned writing in paragraphs because it makes it easier for me (and others) to understand your points. I’m glad you started to use those and I hope u use them in the future.

Your reasons for why UD3 sold aren’t based by any data. Those are just reasons you made up to try to support your argument.

It’s really not about what YOU want if you are going to buy the game and play it nonstop anyway. For example, you have significant issues with UFC 3 but you bought the game and put thousands of hours into it (according to you).

I’d bet you will do the same with UFC4 even if they stay on the same track. So what reason are you giving them to change the way the game is if you are going to buy it anyway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 05-18-2019, 07:39 PM   #463
Banned

Quote:
I mentioned writing in paragraphs because it makes it easier for me (and others) to understand your points. I’m glad you started to use those and I hope u use them in the future.

Your reasons for why UD3 sold aren’t based by any data. Those are just reasons you made up to try to support your argument.

It’s really not about what YOU want if you are going to buy the game and play it nonstop anyway. For example, you have significant issues with UFC 3 but you bought the game and put thousands of hours into it (according to you).

I’d bet you will do the same with UFC4 even if they stay on the same track. So what reason are you giving them to change the way the game is if you are going to buy it anyway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
That’s sad to take advantage of hardcores
Old 05-18-2019, 08:14 PM   #464
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
That’s sad to take advantage of hardcores
I guess but who assumes a corporation is going to look out for the best interest of its consumers?

Lets stop with the speculation and assumptions. Here are some facts:

1) Comp/ Top 100 players had a large amount of input on UFC 3. They influenced the gameplay more than any part of the community.

2) I've heard from devs and other employees that their data/telemetry says that casual fans typically play the game in a style that is closer to what comp players want.

Those are the facts. So there is a possibility that UFC 4 could be the same as 3 when it comes to priority and development. Now I havent seen or played a minute of the game so i have no idea about what UFC 4 gameplay looks like but its hard to ignore those facts.

So you can go on and on about how EVERYBODY or THE MAJORITY wants a realistic simulation (which is what all OSers want) but unless you can combat the direct data that EA has, you are fighting an uphill battle.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »