Home

Circling Out --- Sprint Option For UFC 4

This is a discussion on Circling Out --- Sprint Option For UFC 4 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2019, 01:55 AM   #673
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Circling Out --- Sprint Option For UFC 4

Really tbh, this whole Gamechanger program should be scrapped, all of you guys except for Martial, really blow imho.

People on this forum keep going back & forth with these "Gamechangers" as if the gc's have a say or as if the state of the game is dependant on their approval. Only to be told they "don't agree"

(yeah im pointing my finger at you gc from brazil, i forgot his name thankfully)

If this very thread here doesn't show you that there will always be bias and cases of ad hominem between community and these dudes. Idk what will

I think it's time for a new GC Poll, and this should happen each new release. or either scrap it.. U guys (besides gc members duh) don't agree?
Old 05-27-2019, 04:40 AM   #674
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LETSGO_CHUMP
Really tbh, this whole Gamechanger program should be scrapped, all of you guys except for Martial, really blow imho.

People on this forum keep going back & forth with these "Gamechangers" as if the gc's have a say or as if the state of the game is dependant on their approval. Only to be told they "don't agree"

(yeah im pointing my finger at you gc from brazil, i forgot his name thankfully)

If this very thread here doesn't show you that there will always be bias and cases of ad hominem between community and these dudes. Idk what will

I think it's time for a new GC Poll, and this should happen each new release. or either scrap it.. U guys (besides gc members duh) don't agree?
Did you even read this thread? Stop acting like this tiny forum is an accurate representation of the playerbase.
Old 05-27-2019, 05:04 AM   #675
EA Game Changer

ZHunter1990's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Can we all just move past 1212 vs everybody?

We’ve had some good feedback from Zombie already regarding balancing both pressure and outside fighting.

I’d actually be very interested in hearing Zhunter’s opinion about what’s missing for both pressure and outside fighting.

The good thing about a game based on such a complex sport, is that there will always be things that can be implemented to add depth, skill, realism and immersion into the series. I don't think we'll see a day anytime soon where the devs are left wondering what more they can add.

That said, here are a few I have on my radar for now. I will add more later.

Better ranged based accuracy - Currently, damage is significantly reduced for strikes like head kicks and body kicks when not in proper range which can be seen visibly as well(ie; the knee making impact during a roundhouse kick instead of the shin). But this doesn't seem to be a thing for strikes like hooks. You can throw hooks while moving forward, already in elbow range and the strikes still land accurately. I'd like the damage reduced, as well as visually see then forearm/bicep make impact with the head in these situations.

New punch range - A range dedicated to jabs and straights, where hooks and uppercuts can't reach. Making it possible to fight tall, keeping your opponent on the end of your punches without getting clobbered with a hook in an exchange.

New head movement tracking logic - Currently, if some throws a 3-4 and you duck and hold it, the 3 will miss but the 4 will hit you. This is an even bigger issue when trying to slip inside of a backwards or side moving 1-2. You slip the jab and get hit with the straight.

Heart rate based stamina system - The current stamina system isn't terrible, but I think in order to get to where we want, it needs to be scrapped and replaced with a system that is both more immersive and that can be measured (How much is 30% stamina?).

heartrate
image uploader

In this case, you would pick a maximum heart rate possible to reach in game(lets call this the red zone). You would then pick a baseline/starting heart rate for each fighter, which could be based on the stamina stat. Lets say 55bpm for Diaz, 70bpm for Conor(Lets call this the green zone). Then, the endurance stat would dictate how certain actions(swaying, kicking, punching, getting hit, getting kicked, grappling, blocking, moving..etc) effect the rising heart rate for each fighter.

You could also have stats like movement, head movement, top game, bottom game, takedown offense, takedown defense..etc effect heart rate based on the usage of that action.(Example: Head movement stat is high, so heart rate doesn't raise as fast when using head movement).

- 4 Zones
Ideally you want to stay at the lowest heart rate possible while being efficient. Or at least not red zoning until the last minute of the last round or so..etc, because when your bpm rises past the green zone, your performance is negatively impacted by things like slower movement speed, slower strikes, less durability and tolerance to damage(higher vuln), and limited combos before throwing completely labored strikes.

Green zone(55bpm-85bpm)
Yellow Zone(86bpm-125bpm)

Orange Zone(126bpm-160bpm
Red Zone(161bpm-190bpmMAX)

A few perks of this system include,

- Take rounds off by performing less actions and conceding a round in order to allow your heart rate to lower and come back strong next round.

- Steal the round by performing less actions in the beginning of a round to come back strong at the end of the round.

- Being able to throw more than 15 punches before gassing short term(which happens even if you are completely fresh currently). Giving aggressive players more freedom at the risk of not getting the finish and paying for it by possibly red zoning very early in the fight.

- Would allow body shots to be powerful, but not overpowered or overused to create a meta of body mining, as they would not have a permanent impact on cardio throughout the fight. As getting hit with a good body strike would spike the heart rate, but can be recovered from as time goes on.

- Dynamic fighter meta that rewards you for playing to your fighters strengths, such as Stephen Thomson having good footwork/movement, so he can use footwork more efficiently without his heart rate rising as fast.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2019, 08:19 AM   #676
MVP

@ZHunter
It's great to see a gamechanger proposing realism changes. I have a question - what happens to the heart rate when taking damage?

Last edited by Kingslayer04; 05-27-2019 at 08:53 AM.
Old 05-27-2019, 08:20 AM   #677
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHunter1990
The good thing about a game based on such a complex sport, is that there will always be things that can be implemented to add depth, skill, realism and immersion into the series. I don't think we'll see a day anytime soon where the devs are left wondering what more they can add.

Better ranged based accuracy - Currently, damage is significantly reduced for strikes like head kicks and body kicks when not in proper range which can be seen visibly as well(ie; the knee making impact during a roundhouse kick instead of the shin). But this doesn't seem to be a thing for strikes like hooks. You can throw hooks while moving forward, already in elbow range and the strikes still land accurately. I'd like the damage reduced, as well as visually see then forearm/bicep make impact with the head in these situations.

New punch range - A range dedicated to jabs and straights, where hooks and uppercuts can't reach. Making it possible to fight tall, keeping your opponent on the end of your punches without getting clobbered with a hook in an exchange.

New head movement tracking logic - Currently, if some throws a 3-4 and you duck and hold it, the 3 will miss but the 4 will hit you. This is an even bigger issue when trying to slip inside of a backwards or side moving 1-2. You slip the jab and get hit with the straight.

Heart rate based stamina system - The current stamina system isn't terrible, but I think in order to get to where we want, it needs to be scrapped and replaced with a system that is both more immersive and that can be measured (How much is 30% stamina?).

heartrate
image uploader

In this case, you would pick a maximum heart rate possible to reach in game(lets call this the red zone). You would then pick a baseline/starting heart rate for each fighter, which could be based on the stamina stat. Lets say 55bpm for Diaz, 70bpm for Conor(Lets call this the green zone). Then, the endurance stat would dictate how certain actions(swaying, kicking, punching, getting hit, getting kicked, grappling, blocking, moving..etc) effect the rising heart rate for each fighter.

You could also have stats like movement, head movement, top game, bottom game, takedown offense, takedown defense..etc effect heart rate based on the usage of that action.(Example: Head movement stat is high, so heart rate doesn't raise as fast when using head movement).

- 4 Zones
Ideally you want to stay at the lowest heart rate possible while being efficient. Or at least not red zoning until the last minute of the last round or so..etc, because when your bpm rises past the green zone, your performance is negatively impacted by things like slower movement speed, slower strikes, less durability and tolerance to damage(higher vuln), and limited combos before throwing completely labored strikes.

Green zone(55bpm-85bpm)

- Take rounds off by performing less actions and conceding a round in order to allow your heart rate to lower and come back strong next round.

- Steal the round by performing less actions in the beginning of a round to come back strong at the end of the round.

- Being able to throw more than 15 punches before gassing short term(which happens even if you are completely fresh currently). Giving aggressive players more freedom at the risk of not getting the finish and paying for it by possibly red zoning very early in the fight.

- Would allow body shots to be powerful, but not overpowered or overused to create a meta of body mining, as they would not have a permanent impact on cardio throughout the fight. As getting hit with a good body strike would spike the heart rate, but can be recovered from as time goes on.

- Dynamic fighter meta that rewards you for playing to your fighters strengths, such as Stephen Thomson having good footwork/movement, so he can use footwork more efficiently without his heart rate rising as fast.
The fight tall, strikes range and the hearth thing are amazing
Old 05-27-2019, 08:55 AM   #678
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LETSGO_CHUMP

I don't agree. I believe the GC's and the GC program have greatly improved the EA UFC franchise since implemented. Those guys aren't getting paid, and I couldn't be more thankful for the time and effort they have put in.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-27-2019, 09:24 AM   #679
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHunter1990

heartrate
image uploader

- 4 Zones

Green zone(55bpm-85bpm)

Okay that heart rate system sounds incredible and is a brilliant idea. I agree with the strike accuracy as well.

I hope new ranges are added but more than just a straight punch range. I’d love to see inside uppercuts/hooks that are different fron long range hooks/uppercuts that we have in the game.

It really does sound like both sides arent too far from each other

Out of Zombie’a ideas the only one I dont like is the “sticky cage”. I dont think it works like boxing because there arent really corners like there are in a ring.

I’d love to see a stumble animation if someone attempts a backwards lunge,sway, step,or stiff arm retreat and they hit the cage. During the stumble you’d be at massive grapple disadvantage and can’t do anything but block.

If your back is against the cage and any side movement or side lunge is attempted the stumble would also occur. This way your only movement options would be to use head movement(ducking and side sways) or to come forward off the cage.
Old 05-27-2019, 12:00 PM   #680
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil97
I don't agree. I believe the GC's and the GC program have greatly improved the EA UFC franchise since implemented. Those guys aren't getting paid, and I couldn't be more thankful for the time and effort they have put in.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Ignore that post. Its either someone in this thread with multiple accounts or a previously banned user with a new account. New users dont simply swoop in and start talking about the GC program and/or specific GCs as if they have a history with them.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »