Home

I really hope CAF gets completely revamped in UFC 4

This is a discussion on I really hope CAF gets completely revamped in UFC 4 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2019, 11:32 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
I really hope CAF gets completely revamped in UFC 4

The current CAF mode is pretty limited and takes a lot of fun away from creating new and old fighters. It's also limits the UT mode(which imo should be CAFs only for UFC 4)which could be one of UFC 4's biggest strength if they go back to the UFC 2 version.

We should have complete control over face and body shape. Keep the template format (with many more options) but allow us to warp everything using sliders. Every single tattoo, hairstyle, or move animation that fighters have in game should be available for CAFs Allow us to pick wing span and leg length. I think a good way to prevent people from getting an unfair advantage would be to incorporate bonuses / consequences for different body types.

Wanna max out height/wingspan? You have a limit to your CAFs muscle mass and power ratings.

Wanna max out your muscle mass? It puts a limit on your stamina ratings.

We need more tattoos, logos, and the ability to share/upload our own cafs/logos would be great.

If we're able to pick a separate grappling AI and striking AI that'd be amazing. Or allow us to edit the fighter's tendencies ourselves similar to NBA 2k.

Allowing up to 8 perks would be better as well. More slots for UT and would allow the better fighters to stand out even more.

Give each transition it's own move level similar to striking. This would help break up the monotony of the grappling.

Above all else if the CAF system is improved maybe we could get new fighters added without the need for full body/face scans since they could be recreated within the game. It would allow for more roster authenticity which is a big deal for all fan bases of the game.

Combining elements of WWE 2k, and Firepro wrestling would be the way to go IMO. Just a couple videos of what a good CAF system could entail.

Last edited by Phillyboi207; 05-07-2019 at 02:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2019, 01:39 PM   #2
Pro

Re: I really hope CAF gets completely revamped in UFC 4

It's pretty crazy when you think about how far ahead of the time even the old PS2 era wrestling games were in terms of character creation. Fire Pro (and King of Colosseum 2) had fantastic AI customization too but I don't know how easy those are to implement in an MMA game. Obviously there's room for improvement.

One of the cooler things that Fire Pro (and KOC 2 I think) did was that it let you have 4 different versions of same character with different attributes/moves/appearance. For instance, you could create young GSP, pre-Serra GSP, post-Serra GSP and current GSP. Young GSP was more aggressive whereas the latter two GSPs relied more on jab and decisioning. Now that's much easier to do when the game looks like a SNES game so I don't think that is happening either.

There are definitely some quality of life changes though. I haven't created a CAF in a while, but doesn't it take forever for new hairstyles to appear when browsing them?
Old 05-08-2019, 07:59 AM   #3
Banned

This 100% and look how much more realistic they look as well. Thats 60 fps right? We need an engine upgrade for ufc 4*euphoria cough cough*
Old 05-10-2019, 10:53 AM   #4
MVP

If we get an improved CAF system, as goofy as it sounds, could we edit roster fighter looks too?

I wanna give anderson a goatee or aldo a mustache from time to time or bald jones no bald jones.

Then could we have maybe 3 slots for each roster fighter, where we press a button when hovering over them to choose between different attires?

And within those 3 slots could we have different stats and moves that we choose ourselves?

Finally, could you make it all shareable?

That would be amazing.

Pride Anderson, Prime Anderson, 40 Year Old return of the jedi Anderson etc.

Create A Fighter Content:
YouTube -> AydinZero

Music:
https://aydin-jewelz123.newgrounds.com/
Old 05-12-2019, 09:41 AM   #5
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

EA just generally doesn't seem interested in making full customization for players. Do they have a current game that isn't based on just slightly modifying a preset face?

WWE2k's customization should be the standard for every game to reach for, or at least come close to. EA doesn't even try. And yes EA absolutely needs to go back to CAF only UT. I have no clue why they thought we wanted roster fighters, with CAF cards being suchba rarity.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by TheGentlemanGhost; 05-12-2019 at 01:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2019, 01:46 PM   #6
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
EA is general doesn't seem interested in making full customization for players. Do they have a current game that isn't based on just slightly modifying a preset face?

WWE2k's customization should be the standard for every game to reach for, or at least come close to. EA doesn't even try. And yes EA absolutely needs to go back to CAF only UT. I have no clue why they thought we wanted roster fighters, with CAF cards being suchba rarity.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Operation Sports mobile app

The creation system in the 2k wrestling games is insaaaaane.

My roomy is a huge wrestling fan, so I play the 1 game with him sometimes. I've honestly spent more time making wrestlers than I have actually playing the game though, because the creater is just soooo deep and enjoyable to tinker with.

UFCs creation system is multiple generations and iterations behind. Like, it's literally not even close. It's almost embarrassingly limited in comparison.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 05-12-2019, 05:07 PM   #7
Pro

EA's bet on the GameFace thing and... lost I guess? Probably put a lot of resources into a bugged system that's not usable by the big public. Plus: they made it worse. At first I was able to use it to import custom faces from the browser. Now, they seem to have disabled this (I only ever use roster guys, so tried this only for female CAF's but it just doesn't work).

Furthermore I just don't seem to be able to create variable CAF's. It's a basic CAF system and could definitely be improved. It's not going to be a dealbreaker for people as the roster is pretty stacked, but it's miles behind WWE's, for instance.

Why not allow people to share facial data on Gameface, for those that manage to get it to work?
Old 05-18-2019, 04:49 PM   #8
Rookie

Ive already made multiple threads about this, i believe even on the first day that this game came out i instantly threw it under the bus because i could not believe what they have done, maybe even during the beta as well.

I honestly dont know who is in charge of that and why they are so far from being involved in what players actually like, who ever they are they seem to be totally lost, and il even go as far as blaming the game changers for this because its your job to lead these devs onto the right direction and what they have done with this UT mode has been honestly pathetic.

I remember watching so many youtubers have so much fun quickly jumping in UT, making a character customizing him, and jumping in a match and having fun. With this game, i saw very little of that, especially early on because the game was flooded with 100s of Nate Diaz's and Conors, just a yikes moment for me in thinking how this decision came to happen and who was responsible for leading the march on it.

Last edited by HypeRNT; 05-18-2019 at 04:51 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »