Home

Strike output and stamina

This is a discussion on Strike output and stamina within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
Draft Day Sports: College Basketball 2019 Review (PC)
Which Four Modern NFL Teams Would Dominate NFL Street?
How Kyler Murrayís Decision Impacts MLB The Show and Madden NFL 20

Old 05-12-2019, 06:26 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Strike output and stamina

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
I don’t trust his opinions because he’ll play both sides instead of sticking to his guns. Basically the people who want easy knockouts and have no sound defense want the game like this. It’s easier to pressure than outside fight and that’s inherently wrong. We need to remove the execution frame penalty from taller fighters. They’re already not on equal footing with damage. We need better lateral movement. The more realistic you make the game the more balance will become apparent
And the skill gap will be evident because brain will play a bigger factor than just know mechanics and how to counter in a robotic way... in other words, play mashing buttons like an idiot, lose like an idiot
Old 05-24-2019, 09:38 PM   #34
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

(Figured these also apply to this thread)

Speaking of strike output and pressure.

So, on Ranked I couldn't find anybody to really pressure me due to my name + even on my alts, so I had to go on Quick Fight and pray that I find somebody with a brain + who does the stereotypical 'pressure' style that people in Div. 4 and 5 tend to struggle with.

Voilŗ, here you go, the classic Pressuring Nick Diaz

https://youtu.be/LwU7DGLYIq4

With everything, it revolves around patience and making the reads on what your opponent is doing. The staccato-esque rhythm of the strikes are what really does people in, the jab hook (Stam recovery), jab straight, (queue a body strike thrown in there), and being that they're landing on the block the stamina recovers much faster.

Again, if you have side kicks, knees, and the fighter you're fighting against doesn't have them, the whole point of those strikes are to maintain distance and give a threat to the guy to stay off of you. If you're okay with somebody throwing 100 excess strikes in your face, yet you're worried about being called a 'spammer' when you throw 2 or 3 three knees, you care a bit too much about what others think and you're limiting your arsenal.

And it's not even the amount thrown that matters, spamming knees/side kicks won't work on a good player, they will lunge and land a straight for a KD, or they will side step and eventually hook you for the punish, so TIMING your strikes is just as important, don't just simply 'not engage' and complain when you're not offering nothing of resistance to your opponent.

All that being said, watch the video, supplement your thoughts on what you think should be added with regards to movement, circling and Defensive maneuvers.

https://youtu.be/eUypTHdaKZk

Unlisted video against Gonzalez where we did a quick fight against each other. He is a guy who primarily thrives on the jab jab pressure meta to kill the block, notice how once my block is overcommitted for some reason I cannot move my head.

I used Thompson and tried staying on the back foot as much as I could + while trying to time lunges without getting koed.

Enjoy and report back with your thoughts when y'all are done.
Old 05-29-2019, 05:41 AM   #35
Rookie

is e gonzalez considered a someone good at spamming? i always thought he sucked and beat him easily many times

i watched both videos and i’m not trying to be rude but i didn’t see anything impressively defensively. a lot of empty sways that got punished, side stepping into strikes, and there were times where the other guy tee’d off and was absolutely destroying ur block

every time i see a video about defense it just highlights how underpowered our defensive options are against this relentless block break spam. cus you’re good at the game but even u weren’t able to effectively use the defensive tools the game gives us

it also showed how bad the stamina system is. u were being way more precise and efficient with your strikes but yet somehow u and egonzales were pretty much equal stamina (despite him going like 20/100 on strikes in numerous rounds)

IMO someone going 20/100 strikes and playing that badly should be an easy fight but because of poor game mechanics these kind of players can actually give you a hard fight. it’s pretty sad honestly
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2019, 05:12 PM   #36
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by micmuted
is e gonzalez considered a someone good at spamming? i always thought he sucked and beat him easily many times

i watched both videos and iím not trying to be rude but i didnít see anything impressively defensively. a lot of empty sways that got punished, side stepping into strikes, and there were times where the other guy teeíd off and was absolutely destroying ur block

every time i see a video about defense it just highlights how underpowered our defensive options are against this relentless block break spam. cus youíre good at the game but even u werenít able to effectively use the defensive tools the game gives us

it also showed how bad the stamina system is. u were being way more precise and efficient with your strikes but yet somehow u and egonzales were pretty much equal stamina (despite him going like 20/100 on strikes in numerous rounds)

IMO someone going 20/100 strikes and playing that badly should be an easy fight but because of poor game mechanics these kind of players can actually give you a hard fight. itís pretty sad honestly
Yep, the strength of the jab jab even in being in the wrong range is annoying, and I'm glad you caught that. Somebody tag Geoff so he can watch this.

Although, I'm surprised you're so cordial here on these forums NewxPrint, considering how you've messaged me on my alt, I was rather disgusted.

E_Gonzalez is the classic example of the jab jab jab pressure meta. The whole point was to show it's very possible to win against the style, but as you said correctly, inconsistencies with range screw things up immensely for the defensive fighter , 'i.e. me back swaying that hook when he was throwing that stuffed doubled jab, yet the hook still hitting me despite me timing it at the right time, which is due to the fact that there is no official hook range in game'

Or how once your block is overcommitted, you cannot move your head for a moment, which is NOT okay.

I can definitely see why your style definitely gives him fits because you're always hunting for the body and not caring what comes your way, the 1-2-3b, and then the moving body kick, maybe the occasional knee there, and eventually the Uppercut Hook.

Overall though, I would much rather fight somebody with 'your' style because at least there's a gameplan behind it, whereas Gonzalez is simply trying to make you overthrow because he's in your face throwing stuffed jabs that should ALWAYS get beat by a lead hook no matter what, even if he lands first.
Old 05-30-2019, 05:18 PM   #37
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

One other combo I hate that seems overly effective is the triple and double uppercut combo. Huge reward if it lands and more often than not interrupts strikes with timing that it shouldn't.

Overall I think this game would be much better if there was a penalty for hitting air. Otherwise people can just wrecklessly pipe off combos hoping something lands.
Old 05-30-2019, 05:32 PM   #38
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
One other combo I hate that seems overly effective is the triple and double uppercut combo. Huge reward if it lands and more often than not interrupts strikes with timing that it shouldn't.

Overall I think this game would be much better if there was a penalty for hitting air. Otherwise people can just wrecklessly pipe off combos hoping something lands.
There is a penalty for hitting air, increased LT stamina drain and a bigger window for a punish.

I talk about it here in my stamina tips video.

https://youtu.be/QR5lfu4bF6Q

Also, here in 18:00 Martial talks about the bug where your block overcommits and you can't move your head, as I was talking about earlier.

https://youtu.be/VGvAmkXqQ5k

Also, I don't think I've ever seen anybody use triple Uppercuts effectively in higher divisions, unless it's from the mighty Saki

Last edited by RomeroXVII; 05-30-2019 at 05:40 PM.
Old 05-31-2019, 05:19 PM   #39
Rookie

yea thatís pretty much what i was trying to say, it looked like to me at least you were doing the right things, but more often than not the defensive options still just got you in trouble

and that really says a lot considering youíre probably a fair amount better than me and most other players
Old 05-31-2019, 09:12 PM   #40
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by micmuted
yea thatís pretty much what i was trying to say, it looked like to me at least you were doing the right things, but more often than not the defensive options still just got you in trouble

and that really says a lot considering youíre probably a fair amount better than me and most other players
Believe me, I @Geoff Harrower a LOT on Twitter about the things I notice alongside other players. Martial is getting to him now about the whole bug with the block overcommitting disallowing head movement. That's what REALLY makes the jab style effective, that bug.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »