Home

Strike output and stamina

This is a discussion on Strike output and stamina within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2019, 07:33 AM   #1
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5
Strike output and stamina

Can we please in EA UFC 4 get this one thing and one thing only... currently you can easily throw 110 strikes a round and not gas rarely if ever.

You can easily ramp up the damage, lower long term stamina viability, cut down the combo queuing and punish hitting air even more. As a result you make players timid and more calculated thus better replicating a actual MMA bout.

This whole you 'have to' dodge a strike with head movement (or L1 modifier) to get the hit air penalty also has to go. If I am engaging in and out and bait my opponents to throw at nothing they should be taxed on their long term stamina more heavily.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2019, 07:50 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Strike output and stamina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Can we please in EA UFC 4 get this one thing and one thing only... currently you can easily throw 110 strikes a round and not gas rarely if ever.

You can easily ramp up the damage, lower long term stamina viability, cut down the combo queuing and punish hitting air even more. As a result you make players timid and more calculated thus better replicating a actual MMA bout.

This whole you 'have to' dodge a strike with head movement (or L1 modifier) to get the hit air penalty also has to go. If I am engaging in and out and bait my opponents to throw at nothing they should be taxed on their long term stamina more heavily.
They dont gas because theres no stamina tax for blocked strikes
Old 05-08-2019, 07:58 AM   #3
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
Which is terrible considering most fights you will see 70 strikes thrown by one fighter the entire fight let alone in round. The pace is this game is not a representation of the sport itself in any aspect.
Old 05-08-2019, 08:03 AM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Which is terrible considering most fights you will see 70 strikes thrown by one fighter the entire fight let alone in round. The pace is this game is not a representation of the sport itself in any aspect.
What is? Lol
Old 05-08-2019, 10:06 AM   #5
Rookie

It is ridiculous, I had a fight with a guy pressuring non stop, I threw 160 strikes in rd one, I had 90% stamina going into rd 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2019, 10:41 AM   #6
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

Ive been asking this for 5 plus years and they just don’t fix it.

You must have 3 functional sliders to fix this:

Stamina slider
Damage slider
Cpu strike frequency.

You decrease stamina slider
Increase damage slider
Decrease cpu strike frequency

What they have now is stamina/damage sliders

You decrease stamina and increase damage....but the cpu will still throw 100 strikes a round and they get gassed out by mid fight and u get the easy win.

You MUST have these 3 sliders to fix this issue.

Then you can add more sliders to accentuate it:

Strike ACCURACY
Block effectiveness

and so on....they had this in fight night champion. Hell they had SPECIFIC strike frequencies, fight distance slider ( out or in) and MANY more for each fighter that you can edit.

So if you fought mike tyson you can edit him so that he fights inside, throws many uppercuts/hooks, head movement

If you fought Ali you could make him fight on the outside, mostly headhunts with jabs straights and rely on foot movement .

That game was how many years ago??? UFC 4 should have this by now....hell it shoulda been in UFC 1. It just tells me that they dont view it like we do as far as offline gaming is concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-08-2019, 05:54 PM   #7
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
Negative, there is a stamina tax for blocked strikes, the thing is the block is just as strong to avoid 'turtling".

I do agree it should be higher for sure. Or once you hit a certain amount of strikes thrown the drain increases. Say after you throw 70 strikes on the feet, the drain increases slightly. Not drastically.
Old 05-08-2019, 06:09 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
Negative, there is a stamina tax for blocked strikes, the thing is the block is just as strong to avoid 'turtling".

I do agree it should be higher for sure. Or once you hit a certain amount of strikes thrown the drain increases. Say after you throw 70 strikes on the feet, the drain increases slightly. Not drastically.
Unbeliever he is talking based on jab jab jab hook jab jab jab upper... there’s no stamina penalty in jab on the block

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »