Home

Strike output and stamina

This is a discussion on Strike output and stamina within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?
Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal
Need For Speed Heat Review
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2019, 08:33 AM   #1
Nogueira connoisseur
 
Find_the_Door's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,626
Strike output and stamina

Can we please in EA UFC 4 get this one thing and one thing only... currently you can easily throw 110 strikes a round and not gas rarely if ever.

You can easily ramp up the damage, lower long term stamina viability, cut down the combo queuing and punish hitting air even more. As a result you make players timid and more calculated thus better replicating a actual MMA bout.

This whole you 'have to' dodge a strike with head movement (or L1 modifier) to get the hit air penalty also has to go. If I am engaging in and out and bait my opponents to throw at nothing they should be taxed on their long term stamina more heavily.
__________________
Antonio Rodrigo "Minotauro" Nogueira - UFC Hall of Fame
Find_the_Door is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2019, 08:50 AM   #2
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Mar 2018
Re: Strike output and stamina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Can we please in EA UFC 4 get this one thing and one thing only... currently you can easily throw 110 strikes a round and not gas rarely if ever.

You can easily ramp up the damage, lower long term stamina viability, cut down the combo queuing and punish hitting air even more. As a result you make players timid and more calculated thus better replicating a actual MMA bout.

This whole you 'have to' dodge a strike with head movement (or L1 modifier) to get the hit air penalty also has to go. If I am engaging in and out and bait my opponents to throw at nothing they should be taxed on their long term stamina more heavily.
They dont gas because theres no stamina tax for blocked strikes
1212headkick is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 08:58 AM   #3
Nogueira connoisseur
 
Find_the_Door's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,626
Re: Strike output and stamina

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
They dont gas because theres no stamina tax for blocked strikes
Which is terrible considering most fights you will see 70 strikes thrown by one fighter the entire fight let alone in round. The pace is this game is not a representation of the sport itself in any aspect.
__________________
Antonio Rodrigo "Minotauro" Nogueira - UFC Hall of Fame
Find_the_Door is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 09:03 AM   #4
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Mar 2018
Re: Strike output and stamina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Which is terrible considering most fights you will see 70 strikes thrown by one fighter the entire fight let alone in round. The pace is this game is not a representation of the sport itself in any aspect.
What is? Lol
1212headkick is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 11:06 AM   #5
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2018
Re: Strike output and stamina

It is ridiculous, I had a fight with a guy pressuring non stop, I threw 160 strikes in rd one, I had 90% stamina going into rd 2
VitoBurrito is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2019, 11:41 AM   #6
MVP
 
phillyfan23's Arena
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Feb 2005
Re: Strike output and stamina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Can we please in EA UFC 4 get this one thing and one thing only... currently you can easily throw 110 strikes a round and not gas rarely if ever.

You can easily ramp up the damage, lower long term stamina viability, cut down the combo queuing and punish hitting air even more. As a result you make players timid and more calculated thus better replicating a actual MMA bout.

This whole you 'have to' dodge a strike with head movement (or L1 modifier) to get the hit air penalty also has to go. If I am engaging in and out and bait my opponents to throw at nothing they should be taxed on their long term stamina more heavily.


Ive been asking this for 5 plus years and they just donít fix it.

You must have 3 functional sliders to fix this:

Stamina slider
Damage slider
Cpu strike frequency.

You decrease stamina slider
Increase damage slider
Decrease cpu strike frequency

What they have now is stamina/damage sliders

You decrease stamina and increase damage....but the cpu will still throw 100 strikes a round and they get gassed out by mid fight and u get the easy win.

You MUST have these 3 sliders to fix this issue.

Then you can add more sliders to accentuate it:

Strike ACCURACY
Block effectiveness

and so on....they had this in fight night champion. Hell they had SPECIFIC strike frequencies, fight distance slider ( out or in) and MANY more for each fighter that you can edit.

So if you fought mike tyson you can edit him so that he fights inside, throws many uppercuts/hooks, head movement

If you fought Ali you could make him fight on the outside, mostly headhunts with jabs straights and rely on foot movement .

That game was how many years ago??? UFC 4 should have this by now....hell it shoulda been in UFC 1. It just tells me that they dont view it like we do as far as offline gaming is concerned.



Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
phillyfan23 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 06:54 PM   #7
MVP
 
RomeroXVII's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2018
Re: Strike output and stamina

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
They dont gas because theres no stamina tax for blocked strikes
Negative, there is a stamina tax for blocked strikes, the thing is the block is just as strong to avoid 'turtling".

I do agree it should be higher for sure. Or once you hit a certain amount of strikes thrown the drain increases. Say after you throw 70 strikes on the feet, the drain increases slightly. Not drastically.
RomeroXVII is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 07:09 PM   #8
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2016
Re: Strike output and stamina

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
Negative, there is a stamina tax for blocked strikes, the thing is the block is just as strong to avoid 'turtling".

I do agree it should be higher for sure. Or once you hit a certain amount of strikes thrown the drain increases. Say after you throw 70 strikes on the feet, the drain increases slightly. Not drastically.
Unbeliever he is talking based on jab jab jab hook jab jab jab upper... thereís no stamina penalty in jab on the block
bmlimo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:51 PM.

Top -