Home

UFC 3 fighters who won't be in UFC 4

This is a discussion on UFC 3 fighters who won't be in UFC 4 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2019, 05:28 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: UFC 3 fighters who won't be in UFC 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Its kinda hard to have actual evidence to prove that. With that said, the UFC isnt interested in promoting other promotion's fighters. There are two ways to look at this:

Take Gegard Mousasi. Lets say he was still in the game and we rated him well. Someone plays the game, sees Mousasi, wonders why he hasnt fought in the UFC in a while, looks him up and sees he has a fight for Bellator coming up and the person decides to watch the fight.

There is a flip side to that too. Someone knows Mousasi is in Bellator, discovers he's in UFC 4 and decides to buy the game for that reason.

At this point, who the hell knows whats going to happen or why the UFC is comfortable using the likeness rights for classic fighters like Ortiz or Sonnen but not comfortable with using those rights for lesser known fighters.
Yeah I get all that, but my point is, the more I've thought about it the less likely I think it is that somebody is so far down the rabbit hole that they are watching Bellator fights and not every single UFC event also.

So how would the UFC lose money? They aren't converting people into Bellator fans at the expense of their own business. They are simply taking a level of fandom and making it more hardcore.

I agree that the logic they are using is pretty straightforward that they don't want to promote any other promotion. But I've never met a Bellator exclusive fan. Or a PFL exclusive fan. Or someone who only watches RIZIN or One FC.

If they are watching those promotions then they are also watching UFC Idaho.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 05-28-2019, 12:56 PM   #10
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRizzzle
Yeah I get all that, but my point is, the more I've thought about it the less likely I think it is that somebody is so far down the rabbit hole that they are watching Bellator fights and not every single UFC event also.

So how would the UFC lose money? They aren't converting people into Bellator fans at the expense of their own business. They are simply taking a level of fandom and making it more hardcore.

I agree that the logic they are using is pretty straightforward that they don't want to promote any other promotion. But I've never met a Bellator exclusive fan. Or a PFL exclusive fan. Or someone who only watches RIZIN or One FC.

If they are watching those promotions then they are also watching UFC Idaho.

I dont think they care about how "likely" it is. They dont want it to happen at all. The analysis is likely that having a Rory or a Gegard in the game isnt likely to lead to significantly more sales so why promote them in any way if it doesnt benefit the UFC in anyway.

Lets not forget that the UFC does run cards in direct competition of Bellator cards (this does not happen with One, Rizin or PFL cards). In fact, one happened in May. So there are times when MMA fans are forced to make a choice between watching a Bellator or UFC card. From a business perspective, you never want to promote a competitor who directly competes with you.

As an offline fan who wants the biggest roster possible, I hate it but I get it from a business perspective.
Old 05-28-2019, 01:38 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I dont think they care about how "likely" it is. They dont want it to happen at all. The analysis is likely that having a Rory or a Gegard in the game isnt likely to lead to significantly more sales so why promote them in any way if it doesnt benefit the UFC in anyway.

Lets not forget that the UFC does run cards in direct competition of Bellator cards (this does not happen with One, Rizin or PFL cards). In fact, one happened in May. So there are times when MMA fans are forced to make a choice between watching a Bellator or UFC card. From a business perspective, you never want to promote a competitor who directly competes with you.

As an offline fan who wants the biggest roster possible, I hate it but I get it from a business perspective.
I can agree with that. I'd only push back on that while I agree Rory or Gegard and many like them individually wouldn't result in additional sales, having a huge roster that includes names of that stature might move some numbers.

All that to say that the UFC isn't above losing a few dollars simply to be petty either way.

I feel like I'm being a little spoiled either way. The roster is huge and keeping it current is a daunting task. Just look at that list by the OP. While we will certainly get new fighters I'll be excited to use, it's constantly being offset by the loss of fighters.

I wonder if at some point some people might just end up preferring an older version of the game simply because they prefer that snap shot of the roster and maybe then the method will change.

Always fascinated me the give and take on this issue and the somewhat surprising challenge keeping the roster updated presents.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2019, 02:12 PM   #12
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

In wrestling games, often times if a certain wrestler isn't on the games roster by default, what they'll do is put that wrestlers Hair, Outfits, Moves, etc in the CAW editor. This allows the fans to just remake the old wrestlers who arent in the game.

I would love to see something like this.

They already have a few of the roster assets in the editer, Doo Ho Chois hair for example. So it should be possible.

If they just put Gegards beard asset, his hair, body type, etc. We could just remake them ourselves.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 06-04-2019, 09:49 AM   #13
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Alexander Gustafsson

And

Jimi Manuwa retire.

The list is getting pretty large at this point.

Old 06-15-2019, 01:12 PM   #14
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

My boy Brandon Moreno gets the LFA strap.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...us_composer=0#

Sucks UFC knee jerk dropped half it's FlyW div, and now are still keeping the div around, but lost a bunch of good fighters.

Old 07-03-2019, 03:17 AM   #15
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

John Lineker cut from the UFC.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2019, 08:36 AM   #16
MVP

What if they had some collab on the fighters with Bellator and we got all of their top dawgs too!

Create A Fighter Content:
YouTube -> AydinZero

Music:
https://aydin-jewelz123.newgrounds.com/

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »