Home

Old 05-25-2019, 02:43 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: High Level Reads ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Hes mocking me saying the same thing to him. He likes to post clips from quick match to show how skilled he is lol
My fault for having too much faith I guess.
Old 05-25-2019, 04:25 AM   #18
MVP

The slip uppercut counter is the most devasting in my opinion especially for countering an uppercut when the game makes your opponent glide into range to land the strike .

For some reason I've been getting leg kicks a lot when I try to uppercut this week .

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-25-2019, 02:10 PM   #19
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Reads... you mean the binary you dodge this way and it always dodges this punch nonsense. That's a very basic and boring element of the stand up that most just don't take time to learn.

This game just currently consists of body mining right now. That's what separates the "skilled" from the "skilless." Most "high level" players will finish with a body uppercut or hook on a combo.
Old 05-25-2019, 04:49 PM   #20
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Reads... you mean the binary you dodge this way and it always dodges this punch nonsense. That's a very basic and boring element of the stand up that most just don't take time to learn.

This game just currently consists of body mining right now. That's what separates the "skilled" from the "skilless." Most "high level" players will finish with a body uppercut or hook on a combo.
You call it 'boring' I call it fundamental.

Same thing in wrestling where you have to drill endless stand ups/down blocks/sprawls, or in boxing when you have to drill slips and ducks, it may seem ' boring' but it's necessary.

And being that it's a game and you're not taking any actual damage IRL, it doesn't take long to understand what strikes can be avoided using which sway, or lunge. Take 15 minutes to practice mode with a strike recording AI, rather than going straight to Ranked, and you'll have more fun experimenting.
Old 05-25-2019, 04:54 PM   #21
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
You call it 'boring' I call it fundamental.

Same thing in wrestling where you have to drill endless stand ups/down blocks/sprawls, or in boxing when you have to drill slips and ducks, it may seem ' boring' but it's necessary.

And being that it's a game and you're not taking any actual damage IRL, it doesn't take long to understand what strikes can be avoided using which sway, or lunge. Take 15 minutes to practice mode with a strike recording AI, rather than going straight to Ranked, and you'll have more fun experimenting.
No I understand entirely what is happening etc. I'm simply stating that I'd prefer my left hook to actually target and connect via physics when they sway left and the game doesn't bug out and because for a millisecond they dipped down then left it makes my hook miss.

I hate that aspect
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2019, 03:02 AM   #22
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
No I understand entirely what is happening etc. I'm simply stating that I'd prefer my left hook to actually target and connect via physics when they sway left and the game doesn't bug out and because for a millisecond they dipped down then left it makes my hook miss.

I hate that aspect
Pretty sure it still lands though no? More like a rolled punch if anything, at least that's what I assume when it happens to me.

Anywho, you can make reads with things other than head Movement. Such as, what strike your opponent leads with, what is their preferred distance to strike, their striking pattern, their tells for grappling, etc etc

Last edited by RomeroXVII; 05-26-2019 at 11:26 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »