Home

My ideas for a perfect universe/Dana White mode

This is a discussion on My ideas for a perfect universe/Dana White mode within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2019, 06:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
My ideas for a perfect universe/Dana White mode

Here’s how I think an amazing universe mode/Dana White mode could work. Keep in mind, we need a diverse and large roster in order for this to work. Open to suggestions, what else would you want to see?

Your Goal

You goal in this mode is to make UFC as successful as possible. Putting together big fights the fans want to see in order to generate revenue. More revenue means more options and ability to expand the promotion.

Star power

Each fighter is assigned to one of 5 categories based on star power.

1. Headliner worthy
2. Co Main Event worthy
3. Main Card worthy
4. Featured Prelims worthy
5. Early prelims worthy

Depending on what category the fighter is in dictates how much negotiation power they have.

Fighters can rise and fall in the category depending on their performances. More wins climbs them up and losses bring them down. You can also choose to promote to certain fighters through social media, special tv programs, press conferences etc. to generate more star power for certain fighters.

Negotiating with fighters

Obviously, bigger stars bring in more revenue for you, so they may demand more money for fights, demand to be higher up on cards, decline fighting on smaller cards, refuse a lower ranked opponent, or even demand to fight a certain other fighter. If you struggle with negotiating the fighter may refuse to accept any fights for some time.

Your goal is find a balance between what the fighter wants and what the promotion needs. It can hurt you to pay the fighter more than they’re worth, but can also hurt you to lose that fighter and not be able to book them.

Booking events

When booking an event, you must first choose where it will take place. Numerous arenas across the globe are available. However, some areas have more interest in your product than others, and will generate more revenue.

In order to grow the UFC, you must look to expand in all areas. You can do this by putting on cards with high star power, booking fighters from the location of the card, and promoting said cards to generate interest. As highlighted above, it may be difficult at first to generate interest in smaller markets because some fighters may refuse to fight there.

As you gradually build, more and more fighters will be open to competing there. However, as markets grow, so do their demands. They will want to see bigger cards and will no longer have as much interest in low star power cards. This leads to a balance of spreading your talent across the cards in order to keep your fans happy and thus earn more revenue.

Of course when the event comes, you can play through the fights yourself or sim them.

Injuries and pull outs

We all know how big a factor this is in today’s world. Random injuries can afflict fighters any time and cause them to pull out of fights and be out for a set amount of time.

If a fighter pulls out, you can look for a replacement or cancel the fight all together. Sometimes, a fighter may demand more money for stepping in on short notice. A fighter having his fight cancelled may also become upset and be more difficult to negotiate with in the future, so it’s your best interest to look for a replacement.

Maintaining finances

You can choose whether to run the mode where you can fail and be fired or where you never get fired. Your success is based entirely on your management of finances.

Putting on good cards with good star power and promoting the event increases the revenue generated. Of course, where you put the event on also effect this. Bigger markets can offer more money than smaller.

Your goal is to generate more revenue than you spend. Your expenditures go to booking the venue, paying the fighters, promoting the event, and fighter bonuses.

Last edited by sdpdude9; 06-26-2019 at 06:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2019, 06:50 PM   #2
Pro

Re: My ideas for a perfect universe/Dana White mode

Friendly reminder that the WMMA series still exists in case you're really craving this mode. That being said, GreyDog games tend to be a bit too multilayered for my liking. However, you should still try it and see what other ideas they have that could be in this hypothetical mode. One of my favorite features was that you could hype a fighter as a big prospect which could increase or kill their momentum depending on how he performs. Similarly, you could hype a good match-up but if the fight sucks then you get more negative press.
Old 06-26-2019, 07:07 PM   #3
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomitomitomi
Friendly reminder that the WMMA series still exists in case you're really craving this mode. That being said, GreyDog games tend to be a bit too multilayered for my liking. However, you should still try it and see what other ideas they have that could be in this hypothetical mode. One of my favorite features was that you could hype a fighter as a big prospect which could increase or kill their momentum depending on how he performs. Similarly, you could hype a good match-up but if the fight sucks then you get more negative press.
I want a Universe mode badly but the fact that I'm currently using WMMA5 with my current UFC 3 universe makes it less of a need. I cant see a universe mode in its first iteration providing me with the depth that WMMA5 does.
Old 06-26-2019, 07:21 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I want a Universe mode badly but the fact that I'm currently using WMMA5 with my current UFC 3 universe makes it less of a need. I cant see a universe mode in its first iteration providing me with the depth that WMMA5 does.
People should definitely have realistic expectations. Personally I wouldn't mind a more streamlined and casual version of it, similar to how some WWE games (Smackdown vs Raw 06 and 07) had a pretty straightforward yet addictive GM mode. GreyDog games have too many minute details to take care of for my liking, though I'm more familiar with the TEW series.
Old 06-26-2019, 08:20 PM   #5
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomitomitomi
People should definitely have realistic expectations. Personally I wouldn't mind a more streamlined and casual version of it, similar to how some WWE games (Smackdown vs Raw 06 and 07) had a pretty straightforward yet addictive GM mode. GreyDog games have too many minute details to take care of for my liking, though I'm more familiar with the TEW series.
Its been discussed here before but I think the most likely option is a universe mode that uses tools that are already in the game. Event mode elements for scheduling each card. Career mode elements for record keeping and the sim engine. Anything more and its appreciated.

With that said, I dont see myself abandoning my WMMA database. I have 10 years of fights in the database and I can lookup stats, fight records and organization records within seconds.

For people who dont give a **** about record keeping or are starting a universe from scratch, even a pared down universe mode will be great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2019, 09:02 PM   #6
MVP

Biggest thing for me would be injuries and fighters getting older and having star decay, while new fighters are generated or created and gradually get better over time.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 06-27-2019, 12:47 AM   #7
Banned

I don’t want anything added until they fix the gameplay issues glaring them in the face. Why have new modes and bad gameplay. If any mode should be added first it should be practice with a friend
Old 06-27-2019, 01:16 AM   #8
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRizzzle
Biggest thing for me would be injuries and fighters getting older and having star decay, while new fighters are generated or created and gradually get better over time.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Injuries and stat decay would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »