Home

UFC 4: Needs vs. Wants

This is a discussion on UFC 4: Needs vs. Wants within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2019, 08:10 PM   #9
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: UFC 4: Needs vs. Wants

Now first i'll state that i'm a hardcore fan as you already know, so there will never be a situation where I won't buy the game...I just love MMA that much. But for the sake of the topic, here goes...

NEEDS

1. Classic Fights Mode: Let us re-live and replay some of the greatest fights in UFC history.

2. A Deeper Practice/Tutorial Mode like Undisputed 3's: Let me choose the positions and senarios I want from a list and be able to go right to them. For example if I wanna go straight to mount and practice something, I should be able to just choose the mount position from a positions list and go straight there, as opposed to having to grapple my way there with the training dummy. Also for certain senarios, I should be able to set my training dummy to do what I want standing, in clinch and on the ground. Grappling and striking moves.

3. Universe Mode: I'm more of a versus gameplay guy so not a big one for me, but it would be pretty cool to have.

WANTS

1. Improved Clinch Grappling

Spoiler

2. Rocked States on the Ground & Interactive TKO System

Spoiler

3. Chain Wrestling System

Spoiler

4. Quick Shuffle for Circling/Cutting

Spoiler

5. Position Holding System on Ground

Spoiler

6. More Submissions & Submission Reversals

Spoiler

7. More Grappling Transitions & Positions: I want to see more positions like the seated cage, quarterguard, butterfly guard, body triangle, back clinch against cage, upside down crucifix, ect. And more transitions like pulling guard from clinch, transition to knee on belly from side control, transition to butterfly guard from half guard, ect. Things have to be fleshed out more.

8. Actual Driving TD's & More TD Variety
We need to have td's that actually drive the opponent back and end in a td, shrug off, sprawl, clinch or against the cage. Would also like to see some different td animations for some fighters...right now everything looks the same.

Spoiler

Spoiler

9. PRIDE FC: Almost forgot this one cuz I really don't see it happening, but thanks to 1212's post, I remembered. But I'd really like to see Pride show itself in this series at some point. To play as guys like Cro Cop, Big Nog, Coleman, Fedor, ect, in their primes and to cross the UFC guys over to fight under the pride ruleset in EA UFC would be great. Can't beat having the best of both worlds...

Spoiler

10. Actual Prime Versions of Icon Fighters:
Spoiler

Well those are the things i'd like to see. As I stated above when I mentioned universe mode, i'm more of a versus gameplay guy, so my wants are gonna revolve around gameplay. As you can see some of these are my idea's and some are things from Undisputed 3. So not to poke at EA or anything, but I have said this many times...while THQ may not have been perfect or have the perfect gameplay, UFC Undisputed 3 set the perfect blueprint for what should be possible in a good AAA MMA game. If EA just simply add's what they had going on in UD3 along with their own brilliant idea's, they can't go wrong. I'm not talking how the systems worked, i'm talking about the things you could do. The positions, the transitions, ground sways, sub reversals, ect....all the above. Just follow the blueprint EA.

Last edited by WarMMA; 06-16-2019 at 03:57 AM.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:43 PM   #10
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
One thing I wanted to remind you guys: The needs are MUST HAVES. Meaning that you will strongly consider not buying the game if that feature or improvement isnt added.

So if a "better rock system" is something that would keep you from buying the game if it isnt in....its a need. If its something that you would like to see but would still buy the game if it wasnt added...its a want.
Well you're asking pretty devout neckbeards who are highly invested in the series. Realistically speaking, the only way people here won't buy it is if it's the exact same game with number "4" on it.

From a more general perspective, I would imagine the following are top priorities.

1) Overhauled grappling
2) More meaningful offline modes/content
3) Bigger emphasis on CAFs on Ultimate Team
Old 06-11-2019, 09:04 PM   #11
Banned

Need: overhauled grappling - clinching and on the ground.

Wants: Better head movement in the standup, better controls for standup.

Improved AI for more fun offline.

Universe mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2019, 09:50 PM   #12
Banned

Need: More animations for both grappling and strikes. A lot more signature stances and techniques. Build upon what’s already there and add way more grappling positions.

In depth CAF. Tbh what keeps me invested in sports game is the ability to use updated rosters. The ability to add prospects and update the roster myself is a big deal.

In depth sliders with the ability to save them. Another big one that adds a ton of replay value for me. I hate the fact that we’re essentially forced to play ranked because the other modes are so bad.

Wants:
A universe /franchise mode would be the DREAM. Let us choose between controlling one fighter, controller a gym, or controlling an organization. There are other MMA simulation games out there that they could draw a lot of ideas from. Make everything fully customizable like 2k. I would literally preorder the game if this was confirmed.

The ability to edit the roster (ratings and tendencies)for offline play. BRUH if this was possible i’d be able to play the game year round until the next one comes out. I wouldnt care at all about tendencies or ratings since I could do them myself.

UT mode to go back to UFC 2 style. Who ever thought of the changes for UFC 3 UT needs to have several seats. They completely ruined a pretty fun mode.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:19 PM   #13
Banned

Needs

Better footwork ( v step and l step shuffle step)
Better clinch
In depth tutorial and practice with a friend
More ground positions
Better blocking
Practice by by position
Esports events

Wants
Pride mode
Better career
Updated character models
New modes
Old 06-12-2019, 02:15 AM   #14
MVP

Needs:
- Fix the CAF bug that deletes all your CAFs after you edit them too many times.
- Fix a similar related bug that locks you out of your game altogether and seems to corrupt the account so you can only play on a different account. I still can't load up the game on my original account. Crashes at main menu.

Create A Fighter Content:
YouTube -> AydinZero

Music:
https://aydin-jewelz123.newgrounds.com/
Old 06-12-2019, 02:34 AM   #15
Rookie

maybe fix the tracking on some strikes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2019, 02:47 AM   #16
Rookie

Everything these guys have said and a 1:1 ratio if it isn’t already. I’d like to see drastically boosted frame rates as well.

I love this game, but there are some tactics that are really annoying and they come from the “META” that the rules of the game create. The Devs didn’t intend this, but some players noticed it and exploited it and it became known. There are many of these little “exploits”.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »