Home

UFC 4: Needs vs. Wants

This is a discussion on UFC 4: Needs vs. Wants within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2019, 03:20 PM   #49
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: UFC 4: Needs vs. Wants

Everybody else has listed certain needs that should be done for UFC 4, so I'm going to list a want:

https://twitter.com/ARomeroXVII/stat...888570368?s=09

Having checking kicks (and catching kicks) be it's own separate input, preferably flicking down on the right stick like in UD3, or we could have R2+ Flick Down on the right stick. Right now the game is babying players with checking kicks by simply holding low block, you don't even have to time the check like you have to time the catch, just hold low block and every kick will get checked.

I will assume that they will have better animations for fighters who are great kickers who leave significant damage on their opponent when they kick (Aldo, Barboza) and people who have meh kicks (Edgar, Khabib), and the better the kicker the harder it is to check their kick. Have there be a cooldown period for checking kicks that leave you vulnerable to a leg kick if you mistimed it, (like Lamas in the above-mentioned gif) but you can still defend hold high block to defend incoming head strikes if you do.

Last edited by RomeroXVII; 06-18-2019 at 03:22 PM.
Old 06-18-2019, 03:31 PM   #50
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
Everybody else has listed certain needs that should be done for UFC 4, so I'm going to list a want:

https://twitter.com/ARomeroXVII/stat...888570368?s=09

Having checking kicks (and catching kicks) be it's own separate input, preferably flicking down on the right stick like in UD3, or we could have R2+ Flick Down on the right stick. Right now the game is babying players with checking kicks by simply holding low block, you don't even have to time the check like you have to time the catch, just hold low block and every kick will get checked.

I will assume that they will have better animations for fighters who are great kickers who leave significant damage on their opponent when they kick (Aldo, Barboza) and people who have meh kicks (Edgar, Khabib), and the better the kicker the harder it is to check their kick. Have there be a cooldown period for checking kicks that leave you vulnerable to a leg kick if you mistimed it, (like Lamas in the above-mentioned gif) but you can still defend hold high block to defend incoming head strikes if you do.
I can't low block to save my life honestly.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 06-18-2019, 09:51 PM   #51
Rookie

Honestly, my biggest needs are....

Universe mode. Greatly adds to replayability and would be my most used mode by far.

An expansive roster. The previous game had a badly dated roster upon release and was missing several top fighters and lots of middle tier fighters which are necessary to run a sim league, like I enjoy.

Ability to edit fighters abilities and tendencies.

More sliders to fine tune my experience to my liking.

I would honestly buy 3 again if just these things were added.

Edit: Also wanted to add rocks should be much less frequent and much more devastating.

Last edited by sdpdude9; 06-19-2019 at 11:19 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2019, 11:41 PM   #52
MVP

Need: Rivalry records to just go away, especially in an EXHIBITION MATCH (quick fight).

Wants: Double confirmation ranked match ups. Show the opponents GT and fighter they are picking. Add a timer and a penalty for backing out if the connection is 3 bars or better.
Stop worrying about counter picking. There is a timer, so after a bit, you would know to pick your A game if need be. The amount of lower ranked fighters getting used will drastically increase if we aren't going in blind.

Last edited by Evil97; 06-18-2019 at 11:48 PM.
Old 06-19-2019, 01:45 AM   #53
Rookie

I want monitors and the pro versions of systems to not play such a huge factor online for the sake of fairness.

I Would love a deep universe mode with lots of customization. I would love to have some sort of roster maker that we can upload online type 2k, along with that a deeper slider system. Fighters need to be customizable also from their ratings and tendencies to their appearances. Like if the devs copied the WWE universe mode id be happy a big thing to copy would be their current promo system. I’d like to make my own belts, rules, have different rings, the option to have multiple promotions etc etc if that comes, then discount my first point because I won’t be online anymore.

Also, the option to toggle off your opponents hud in quick fight and offline against the CPU. Why that isn’t currently in the game now is beyond me especially since it happens automatically in championships

Last edited by FlaccoNumba5; 06-19-2019 at 01:47 AM.
Old 06-19-2019, 06:45 AM   #54
Pro

Another thing I forgot: Show health stats during each round after the fight is over. It would make it easier to see what transpired throughout the fight.
Old 06-19-2019, 12:20 PM   #55
Rookie

A replay system
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2019, 01:44 PM   #56
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaccoNumba5
A replay system
Especially for reporting lag switchers/ddosers.

Which brings me into a Need: Dedicated Servers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »