Home

Straight punch —> over/under clinch entry

This is a discussion on Straight punch —> over/under clinch entry within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2019, 12:26 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Straight punch —> over/under clinch entry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
So this post even admits what you're doing is spam... According to your own words, ~spam with no almost no drawbacks, even if you miss or get denied.

You're literally advocating spamming non stop to annoy people and "break" them...

This is the definition of exploit.

Pure video game cheese.
Bro you have the most scrub mindset I’ve ever seen lol

Demian Maia “spams” takedowns to break people. Cormier “spams” clinches to break people.

Connor “spams” his left hand

See where this is going? It’s up to you to stop someone from utilizing a technique
Old 06-14-2019, 12:29 PM   #18
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

"Scrub mindset" =\= Not doing goofy video game exploits to cheese out Ws

He's literally saying this "techique" is overpowered and has no draw backs and can be freely spammed with impunity.

Sounds like great balanced game design to me. /s

Maia, DC, or Conor "spamming", which isn't what they do at all and is a completely disingenuous arguement, all have pros and cons and advantages and disadvantages, and set ups and counters, etc.

-Maia doesn't spam takedowns. He pumps jabs, level changes, uses feints, and attempts to set up takedowns, or pull guard. But as you've seen in plenty of fights, if it doesn't work out he can get beaten to a pulp. Risk vs reward.

-Conor doesn't spam left hands. Conor has 1 of the most extensive martial arts technique arsenals in the sport. He uses an absurd amount of set ups, fakes, feints, misdirection, etc to set up the left hand. And that also comes with risk vs rewards. Hes gassed himself out, been grinded out. Etc.

-DC doesnt spam clinch. DC has hands. They call him "Black Fedor" for a reason. DC is a very well rounded fighter, who has a grappling focused strategy.

According to Ops own words; This is reward, with no risk. Spamming with impunity. This is using 1 singular technique repeatedly, because it has no drawbacks.

Your examples are not even in the same realm of similarity.

This is pure cheese exploit.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports

Last edited by Haz____; 06-14-2019 at 12:48 PM.
Old 06-14-2019, 12:48 PM   #19
Banned

Quote:
"Scrub mindset" =\= Not doing goofy video game exploits to cheese out Ws

He's literally saying this "techique" is overpowered and has no draw backs and can be freely spammed with impunity.

Sounds like great balanced game design to me. /s

Maia, DC, or Conor "spamming", which isn't what they do at all and is a completely disingenuous arguement, all have pros and cons and advantages and disadvantages, and set ups and counters, etc.

-Maia doesn't spam takedowns. He pumps jabs, level changes, uses feints, and attempts to set up takedowns, or pull guard. But as you've seen in plentu of fights, if it doesn't work out he can get beaten to a pulp. Risk vs reward.

-Conor doesn't spam left hands. Conor has 1 of the most extensive martial arts technique arsenals in the sport. He uses an absurd amount of set ups, fakes, feints, misdirection, etc to set up the left hand. And that also comes with risk vs rewards. Hes gassed himself out, been grinded out. Etc.

-DC doesnt spam clinch. DC has hands. They call him "Black Fedor" for a reason. DC is a very well rounded fighter, who has a grappling focused strategy.

This is reward, with no risk. Spamming with impunity. This is using 1 singular technique repeatedly, because it has no drawbacks.

Your examples are not even in the same realm of similarity.

This is pure cheese exploit.
Everything has drawbacks. I’ve literally fought the guy several times lol

You can still simply slip-straight the initial right hand. You can stay on the outside to stay out of clinch range. You could get better at the clinch so it isnt a problem if he get there.

What he’s doing is the definition of “setting up” the clinch by using his strikes to distract you. Then using the threat of the clinch to set up his other strikes. That’s just like DC
Old 06-14-2019, 12:49 PM   #20
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
You can still simply slip-straight the initial right hand.
That was my first thought.
Old 06-14-2019, 12:56 PM   #21
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Grappler
This is literally the most underrated tactic in the entire game. You can literally grind with this entry for an entire match and break someone. Even if they deny them, you completely shut down their ability to strike comfortably because they’re always worried about the clinch entry off the 2.

And you don’t have to be conservative with them either. It’s not like with shots, where two consecutive fails is gonna have a significant detrimental impact on you. I hate to use the word spam... but you can almost spam these entries.

And again, a denial (however unlikely it is) isn’t the end of the world. I mean you probably won’t be getting denied unless your opponent is Jigsaw or someone like that, who’s surgically implanted a carrot into their buttocks in order to increase reaction time. But even if they do deny, it’s all good. Just reset, throw a couple punches, and try again.

If this was just ~ "a good set up to get into the clinch", that would actually be cool.

However this entire post is advocating and describing how you can literally do the same exact thing repeatedly, non stop, with almost no draw back, even if you mess up or get denied. You just keep on spamming(in OPs own words) and youll cause so much disruption it will eventually work.

That's spam. Thats cheese. Thats exploit.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports

Last edited by Haz____; 06-14-2019 at 12:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2019, 01:50 PM   #22
Rookie

Normally, I welcome 98% of players to clinch with me..but then I saw who made the topic. Dear god....that's a nightmare to deal with facing him using this tactic 😱

I'm gonna add this to my arsenal for sure
Old 06-14-2019, 01:54 PM   #23
Pro

Quote:
If this was just ~ "a good set up to get into the clinch", that would actually be cool.

However this entire post is advocating and describing how you can literally do the same exact thing repeatedly, non stop, with almost no draw back, even if you mess up or get denied. You just keep on spamming(in OPs own words) and youll cause so much disruption it will eventually work.

Why are you so hung up on his cute marketing pitch? "The guy himself said so" has to be one of the weaker arguments so far. You've yet to present a counter to philly's suggestion to the slip straight.
Old 06-14-2019, 02:32 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:

I just gave you a counter

I told you that I’ve literally fought him.

If it was an exploit he’d probably be top 1 on the leaderboards

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »