Home

Regarding Cosmetics/Character Creation

This is a discussion on Regarding Cosmetics/Character Creation within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2019, 03:05 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Regarding Cosmetics/Character Creation

A while back, there was a survey regarding 'UFC X' that seem to tease at cosmetics being among the key selling points of the next game.

You can find it in this link here:
https://imgur.com/gallery/P8bwgEq

And for those who might be interested in the discussion regarding the survey:
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-4-survey.html

As there has been quite a bit backlash (and understandably so considering it seemed to focus on alot of FANTASY elements in a genre that aims to deliver an AUTHENTIC MMA EXPERIENCE) regarding their proposal. There are some things that I think should be addressed if cosmetics are to be one of the big changes in the next game.

USES:
Is this feature intended to span across all the core modes of the game or SOLELY for use in Ultimate Team. That being one of the key concerns among the playerbase, as those that aim for a 'simulation' experience DON'T want to be seeing 'Vampires' and 'Sea Monsters', especially in Online Ranked.
As an Ultimate Team player who likes to create their fighters, I'd be all for it. But on the basis it doesn't jeopardize the simulation experience for those who prefer that. For example, it could be secluded to Ultimate Team.

CUSTOMIZABILITY
What kind of level of customization are they aiming for should they follow through with it? Could we expect a wide of range of attires? Such as; Jackets, Body Armour, Accessories etc. Or would it consist of strictly MMA attire and more facial hair options etc.

For example, using 'Create a Fighter' in UFC 3 to replicate fantasy characters:

And now the same characters replicated in SoulCalibur 6:

Characters (From left-right): Night King, Lucius Best (Frozone), Kuai Liang (Sub-Zero), Weiss Schnee.

As creating your fighters was arguably among the most appealing aspects of Ultimate Team back in UFC 2, something like this could add to the replay value as players can delve deep into creating their own UNIQUE fighters (instead of fighting McGregor or Nunes again and again).

It may also be useful for those who'd like to create a Fantasy League/Universe mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2019, 12:40 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Regarding Cosmetics/Character Creation

I agree the game could use a lot of extra customization options, but jackets etc. are a bridge too far imo. You'd only see them during entrances that most people just skip anyway. To allow them during fights makes a mockery of the sport and will cause clipping, so I'm sure they'll never do that.

Let's start by seeing more diverse faces and hair styles (right now you encounter the same one every 3 CAF fights). As far as attire goes, they should make the training gear selectable. Any other options would just be unrealistic imo. Perhaps diversify training gear (colors, shape, etc)?

I'd hate it if they restrict it to one mode just to spite us. Please don't do that.
Old 06-05-2019, 04:13 PM   #3
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Wow! Really nice cosplays, on both games!
Old 06-05-2019, 08:23 PM   #4
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Very cool and creative use of the Caf editor. Really cool stuff.

As someone who also spends hours and hours and hours making cafs, I would absolutaly love to see a more fleshed out Caf creator. What we have now is extremely limited, and no exaggeration, PS2 games had more expansive character creators...

At the same point tho, we need so many things before I would even consider things like Jackets, Hats, and Accessories...

We need way more hair styles, facial hair, body types, etc. There's so many real life fighters I want to make but its actually, literally impossible because the right options just don't exist.

I mean shoot, once you get to WW it's actually not possible to make a skinny fighter. Like it's seriously not possible to make a tall skinny fighter. Once you get to WW every body type is thicc and yoked. So wanna make someone like MVP? Literally impossible.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 06-13-2019, 12:43 PM   #5
MVP

I'd be game for a Wolverine vs Blade matchup in a parking lot with cars as the cage or Neo vs Ghost in a striking only match inside a tea house.

Big fan of Tekken's maps and characters, just not that interested in their combat but definitely game for UFC combat mixing with Tekken style maps and outfits.

Why not take UFC's gameplay and throw it into different environments and scenarios?

Create A Fighter Content:
YouTube -> AydinZero

Music:
https://aydin-jewelz123.newgrounds.com/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2019, 12:52 PM   #6
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by AydinDubstep
I'd be game for a Wolverine vs Blade matchup in a parking lot with cars as the cage or Neo vs Ghost in a striking only match inside a tea house.

Big fan of Tekken's maps and characters, just not that interested in their combat but definitely game for UFC combat mixing with Tekken style maps and outfits.

Why not take UFC's gameplay and throw it into different environments and scenarios?
I think you may be in the minority on this one at least when it comes to OS. The only "maps" I want are new arenas, gyms and ring options. Given the limited resources, I would prefer the dev team focus on CAF options and artwork that are related to MMA and the UFC.

I dont want them taking time creating Tekken like maps when that time could be used to create more arenas and more roster fighters.
Old 06-13-2019, 01:02 PM   #7
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AydinDubstep

Is this some kind of sick and twisted joke?

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 06-14-2019, 06:10 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Is this some kind of sick and twisted joke?

Obviously. No publisher in the right mind would want to mix a pure arcade/unrealistic fighter with a sim/realistic one. Tekken's outfits are just weird. The locations are fine but it just won't appeal to people outside of a select few.

(and yes, I treat this game as a sim. There's obviously a way to make it more "simmy" but then again they want to actually sell lots of copies too. It's far from the arcade experience that was the first Dreamcast UFC game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »