Home

The one thing NO MMA game has gotten right...

This is a discussion on The one thing NO MMA game has gotten right... within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
eFootball PES 2020 Demo Arrives on July 30, Details Here
EA Access Coming to PlayStation 4 on July 24
What We Learned About the New QB Throwing Styles in Madden 20
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2019, 12:57 PM   #1
MVP
 
TheGentlemanGhost's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jun 2016
The one thing NO MMA game has gotten right...

Reversals.

I never liked how any of the big 3 (EA MMA, UD, EA UFC) that it only takes one easily timed action to pull off one of the hardest things to do irl that happens occasionally. Itís always bothered me.

Shouldnít it take more precise timing and a small series of actions to properly pull reversals off? IMO it should be in swift stages, the start, middle and the final stage when you are now on top. In the middle stage you should be able to choose to simply stand up or follow thru with the reversal. The animation in the middle stage would be the fighter that was on bottom now on a knee, if denied to stand up, he goes back to bottom, if denied to take top position for the reversal, it goes into a neutral position where both fighters can fight for top position or stand up.
TheGentlemanGhost is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2019, 01:54 PM   #2
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2016
Re: The one thing NO MMA game has gotten right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
Reversals.

I never liked how any of the big 3 (EA MMA, UD, EA UFC) that it only takes one easily timed action to pull off one of the hardest things to do irl that happens occasionally. Itís always bothered me.

Shouldnít it take more precise timing and a small series of actions to properly pull reversals off? IMO it should be in swift stages, the start, middle and the final stage when you are now on top. In the middle stage you should be able to choose to simply stand up or follow thru with the reversal. The animation in the middle stage would be the fighter that was on bottom now on a knee, if denied to stand up, he goes back to bottom, if denied to take top position for the reversal, it goes into a neutral position where both fighters can fight for top position or stand up.
In my opinion reversals should be contextual transitions, we should have the sweep option when in the bottom... beeing a contextual transition reversal turn in what it should, small opening based in timming that a fighter use to get advantage in scrambling
bmlimo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 03:27 PM   #3
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2012
Re: The one thing NO MMA game has gotten right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
Reversals.

I never liked how any of the big 3 (EA MMA, UD, EA UFC) that it only takes one easily timed action to pull off one of the hardest things to do irl that happens occasionally. Itís always bothered me.

Shouldnít it take more precise timing and a small series of actions to properly pull reversals off? IMO it should be in swift stages, the start, middle and the final stage when you are now on top. In the middle stage you should be able to choose to simply stand up or follow thru with the reversal. The animation in the middle stage would be the fighter that was on bottom now on a knee, if denied to stand up, he goes back to bottom, if denied to take top position for the reversal, it goes into a neutral position where both fighters can fight for top position or stand up.
I agree with you 100%. This would open the door for scrambles.

Let the flick lead to the initial stage then both parties would have an opportunity to get on top. Or if timed properly by both then itíll lead to another scramble.
Phillyboi207 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 04:00 PM   #4
Pro
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2017
Re: The one thing NO MMA game has gotten right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
I agree with you 100%. This would open the door for scrambles.

Let the flick lead to the initial stage then both parties would have an opportunity to get on top. Or if timed properly by both then itíll lead to another scramble.
We're talking about takedown reversals, right? Not sweeps? If so, I wouldn't want to see Conor reversing Khabib and ending up on top under any circumstances. Perhaps stats or something else can make sure this can happen only if the Khabib player is a novice at the game, i.e. pretty bad.
Kingslayer04 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 05:07 PM   #5
MVP
 
WarMMA's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2016
Re: The one thing NO MMA game has gotten right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
Reversals.

I never liked how any of the big 3 (EA MMA, UD, EA UFC) that it only takes one easily timed action to pull off one of the hardest things to do irl that happens occasionally. Itís always bothered me.

Shouldnít it take more precise timing and a small series of actions to properly pull reversals off? IMO it should be in swift stages, the start, middle and the final stage when you are now on top. In the middle stage you should be able to choose to simply stand up or follow thru with the reversal. The animation in the middle stage would be the fighter that was on bottom now on a knee, if denied to stand up, he goes back to bottom, if denied to take top position for the reversal, it goes into a neutral position where both fighters can fight for top position or stand up.
Fully agree and I would love to see something like you are talking about in this game. I've always wanted to see some sort of scrambling in an MMA game, but it's never happened. Your idea would be a good way to have it.
WarMMA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2019, 07:58 PM   #6
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Mar 2018
Re: The one thing NO MMA game has gotten right...

We need footwork to compliment it as well. We also need to be able to feint takedowns and chain strikes out of the takedown feints.
1212headkick is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 01:27 AM   #7
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2017
Re: The one thing NO MMA game has gotten right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
We're talking about takedown reversals, right? Not sweeps? If so, I wouldn't want to see Conor reversing Khabib and ending up on top under any circumstances. Perhaps stats or something else can make sure this can happen only if the Khabib player is a novice at the game, i.e. pretty bad.
I disagree strongly. If somebody grapples like a monkey you shouldn't be prevented from punishing them because they picked an OP grappler.
MichaelKnight21 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 01:50 AM   #8
MVP
 
WarMMA's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2016
Re: The one thing NO MMA game has gotten right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKnight21
I disagree strongly. If somebody grapples like a monkey you shouldn't be prevented from punishing them because they picked an OP grappler.
I dont think he's saying that. What I think he's saying is it shouldn't be 50/50 in a scramble between a mediocre grappler (like Conor) and a high lvl grappler (like Khabib). That's why he said having stats or something could represent it better. So pretty much yh you'll still be able to punish a crappy player that's using a high lvl grappler, but slim to none chance if it's an above average, competent player.
WarMMA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:32 AM.

Top -