Home

The one thing NO MMA game has gotten right...

This is a discussion on The one thing NO MMA game has gotten right... within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2019, 12:57 PM   #1
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

OVR: 0
The one thing NO MMA game has gotten right...

Reversals.

I never liked how any of the big 3 (EA MMA, UD, EA UFC) that it only takes one easily timed action to pull off one of the hardest things to do irl that happens occasionally. It’s always bothered me.

Shouldn’t it take more precise timing and a small series of actions to properly pull reversals off? IMO it should be in swift stages, the start, middle and the final stage when you are now on top. In the middle stage you should be able to choose to simply stand up or follow thru with the reversal. The animation in the middle stage would be the fighter that was on bottom now on a knee, if denied to stand up, he goes back to bottom, if denied to take top position for the reversal, it goes into a neutral position where both fighters can fight for top position or stand up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2019, 01:54 PM   #2
MVP

Re: The one thing NO MMA game has gotten right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
Reversals.

I never liked how any of the big 3 (EA MMA, UD, EA UFC) that it only takes one easily timed action to pull off one of the hardest things to do irl that happens occasionally. It’s always bothered me.

Shouldn’t it take more precise timing and a small series of actions to properly pull reversals off? IMO it should be in swift stages, the start, middle and the final stage when you are now on top. In the middle stage you should be able to choose to simply stand up or follow thru with the reversal. The animation in the middle stage would be the fighter that was on bottom now on a knee, if denied to stand up, he goes back to bottom, if denied to take top position for the reversal, it goes into a neutral position where both fighters can fight for top position or stand up.
In my opinion reversals should be contextual transitions, we should have the sweep option when in the bottom... beeing a contextual transition reversal turn in what it should, small opening based in timming that a fighter use to get advantage in scrambling
Old 06-16-2019, 03:27 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Reversals.

I agree with you 100%. This would open the door for scrambles.

Let the flick lead to the initial stage then both parties would have an opportunity to get on top. Or if timed properly by both then it’ll lead to another scramble.
Old 06-16-2019, 04:00 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
I agree with you 100%. This would open the door for scrambles.

Let the flick lead to the initial stage then both parties would have an opportunity to get on top. Or if timed properly by both then it’ll lead to another scramble.
We're talking about takedown reversals, right? Not sweeps? If so, I wouldn't want to see Conor reversing Khabib and ending up on top under any circumstances. Perhaps stats or something else can make sure this can happen only if the Khabib player is a novice at the game, i.e. pretty bad.
Old 06-16-2019, 05:07 PM   #5
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Reversals.

Fully agree and I would love to see something like you are talking about in this game. I've always wanted to see some sort of scrambling in an MMA game, but it's never happened. Your idea would be a good way to have it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2019, 07:58 PM   #6
Banned

We need footwork to compliment it as well. We also need to be able to feint takedowns and chain strikes out of the takedown feints.
Old 06-17-2019, 01:27 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
We're talking about takedown reversals, right? Not sweeps? If so, I wouldn't want to see Conor reversing Khabib and ending up on top under any circumstances. Perhaps stats or something else can make sure this can happen only if the Khabib player is a novice at the game, i.e. pretty bad.
I disagree strongly. If somebody grapples like a monkey you shouldn't be prevented from punishing them because they picked an OP grappler.
Old 06-17-2019, 01:50 AM   #8
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKnight21
I disagree strongly. If somebody grapples like a monkey you shouldn't be prevented from punishing them because they picked an OP grappler.
I dont think he's saying that. What I think he's saying is it shouldn't be 50/50 in a scramble between a mediocre grappler (like Conor) and a high lvl grappler (like Khabib). That's why he said having stats or something could represent it better. So pretty much yh you'll still be able to punish a crappy player that's using a high lvl grappler, but slim to none chance if it's an above average, competent player.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »