Home

UFC 4 can look like this ???

This is a discussion on UFC 4 can look like this ??? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?
Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal
Need For Speed Heat Review

Old 06-18-2019, 02:26 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: UFC 4 can look like this ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialMind
Apart from the graphics... This looks like pure utter ****e. I said it the first time I saw it and I'll say it again.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Operation Sports mobile app
Wait are you fae Scotland now?
Old 06-18-2019, 03:05 PM   #18
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriedr1ver
Wait are you fae Scotland now?
Mr.Worldwide.
Old 06-18-2019, 03:42 PM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet
Oh, and to confirm, those videos for the Mike Tyson game are 100% not live gameplay. That's canned animations being played back in a pre-rendered environment.

There's a ton of techniques that can increase apparent fidelity of the graphics render, and indeed if we had PC builds they'd be closer to this. However even those have their limitations, and it's not always as straight forward as more power = better game. There's a reason it takes 100+ people a few years to make games like this...but damn, I can't wait for the day when tech and tools get to a point where making something like that is feasible as a video game!

But that's a wholly different topic
Please explain to my untrained eye how a fighters jab changes? Because its always thrown the same way. If you input a stationary jab only that animation plays. No variants of it play
Old 06-18-2019, 05:05 PM   #20
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialMind
Apart from the graphics... This looks like pure utter ****e. I said it the first time I saw it and I'll say it again.

If the punch animations in EA Sports UFC 3 looked anything like those obnoxious swinging garbage in those clips, I'd be screaming at the top of my lungs.

Again... Apart from the graphics, that looks like pure trash.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Operation Sports mobile app
Yh the graphics are on point, but that's about it.
Old 06-18-2019, 09:25 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
This engine is not the same as Madden. Madden use Frostbite and EA UFC does not.
I thought it used the Ignite engine or something like that. I didnít know Madden used Frostbyte.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2019, 09:26 PM   #22
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by RematchKing
I thought it used the Ignite engine or something like that. I didnít know Madden used Frostbyte.

Yeah Madden switched to Frostbite 2 or 3 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 06-18-2019, 10:08 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet
Oh, and to confirm, those videos for the Mike Tyson game are 100% not live gameplay. That's canned animations being played back in a pre-rendered environment.

There's a ton of techniques that can increase apparent fidelity of the graphics render, and indeed if we had PC builds they'd be closer to this. However even those have their limitations, and it's not always as straight forward as more power = better game. There's a reason it takes 100+ people a few years to make games like this...but damn, I can't wait for the day when tech and tools get to a point where making something like that is feasible as a video game!

But that's a wholly different topic
Thank you for actually acknowledging my comments about the PC version because everyone else here seems to be actively ignoring what I say, even if itís true. I donít care if you donít like what Iím saying but Iím not speaking for pros. Iím speaking for UFC fans that want a game to have fun on and not have to sweat in quick match because everyone is fresh off of a MartialMind video (love the dude btw. Nice work in that random fighter select with Matthews) and wants to come and do all of this crazy crap in unranked and then send messages afterwards.

I donít see any reason why there isnít a PC version of this game especially after the amount of time the game has been out. PCs are a LOT more capable than consoles are and I can rattle off games that show this. Itís not even purely a power thing. We can literally adapt our system to match whatever criteria needed to run the game the way the devs want it to run. You canít do that on these consoles currently and that leads to people having unfair frame advantages because they have a PS4 Pro or an XOX. I love these games but I hate having to play them on inferior hardware when I know I can get buttery smooth frame rates and super detailed textures and dynamic lighting and ray tracing and whatnot. That can NOT be done on consoles right now.

I honestly think the devs are getting far too much input from people that play this game constantly and nothing else. Regular people donít want these spammy tactics. Everything here is met with ďOh, youíre having trouble with this? This is the counter.Ē Thatís not always the answer because there are things that there are counters for but I shouldnít need to counter something that you shouldnít be able to do in the first place.

Why do I have to learn these stupid counters because this guy wants to exploit things? Things like that are always brought up by people like me and weíre constantly told to ďshut upĒ because we arenít ďprosĒ. Last I checked, this was a GAME not a simulator for you guys to live out your UFC fantasies. Regular people also play these games and itís regular people that support them. You ďprosĒ are a minority compared to the people that buy this game. And Iím division 4 so itís not like I just donít know what Iím doing at all. I love this sport but the community here is very reluctant to change because then they wonít be able to dominate the meta.
Old 06-19-2019, 04:02 AM   #24
Rookie

If it's gonna look like that old Undisputed 2009 teaser I'd be even happier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdOBy6OhexU

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »