Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2019, 03:43 PM   #33
MVP
 
RomeroXVII's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2018
Re: UFC 4 can look like this ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by RematchKing
This is what I’m talking about. Because you don’t like what I said, you assume that I’m making assumptions about you. When did I ever say that “top players” want a game where their style can flourish? Not once. There is a meta in this game and there should be no meta. Everything should be just as effective. Wrestling shouldn’t be able to dominate, slip counters shouldn’t be able to dominate, knee elbow spam shouldn’t be able to dominate.

In life, these fights are 50/50. The fighters in the game should have those same chances and the winner to be determined by who is better, not who has the fighter with the spammy moveset. There’s a reason no one wants to fight CAFs.

What modes are there for people to play offline? Literally everything feels like a “Fight Now” match so why bother? It’s either that or go online and fight Mr. DeRandeme (spelled that wrong) spamming these moves with a 4+ foot hit range.

There are things in this game that are more annoying than parries I swear. I wouldn' mind parries if they didn’t give a free hit. Would be useful against these dudes that stick to you like glue and throw an almost unlimited stream of combos at you.

Like I said, I’ve played these games probably a lot longer than a lot of people here. Before the Undisputed series n what not. These games are becoming less fun because they’re about doing the most scummy thing to get a quick win or spamming something that’s nearly impossible to time a lunge or sway on. There is a reason Undisputed is so missed and you acting as if those things that game had aren’t needed and like this is improved somehow, is crazy to me. Look at the clinch, look at the ground game. Are you serious? The ability to move forward with strikes was nice on paper but it’s a little too much in practice.
Here you said -
'
I love this sport but the community here is very reluctant to change because then they won’t be able to dominate the meta.'

Although it doesn't say top players, generally the people who 'dominate' the meta are *ding ding* top players.

Also, I didn't say it was with regards to myself, because generally most players know I look for 'anti-meta' playstyles.

Now:

Everything should be effective -->

But then you say wrestling shouldn't be effective? That statement is contradictory.

Also, you're also making a huge assumption saying I don't want things to be changed, take a look through the forum + and the things GPD shares/comments on what I tag him in on Twitter with finding bugs in the game, and you'll see I'm on your 'side'.

Anywho,

I DO agree that every playstyle should be viable and that's something I've been pushing for, ESPECIALLY because for all styles to flourish you need every single defensive tool to be just as effective as the offensive tools available, alongside the counters that are available. I still vehemently disagree with the stiff arm retreat costing the amount of stamina that it does + along with the amount of stamina that gets drained in the long term.

Parries would be effective if you only allow to parry with a similar strike that you parried with, as like most fighters do IRL, parry the jab, counter with a jab or straight strike, and that's another thing I would find viable.

Although, none of the things you've listed really 'dominate' but that's because the way I play is based on neutralizing what my opponent does best.

I'm mainly looking forward to a revamped clinch + ground game, since it is relatively stale to an extent.
RomeroXVII is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 03:54 PM   #34
(aka Alberto)
 
aholbert32's Arena
 
OVR: 44
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 31,540
Blog Entries: 8
Re: UFC 4 can look like this ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by RematchKing
This is what I’m talking about. Because you don’t like what I said, you assume that I’m making assumptions about you. When did I ever say that “top players” want a game where their style can flourish? Not once. There is a meta in this game and there should be no meta. Everything should be just as effective. Wrestling shouldn’t be able to dominate, slip counters shouldn’t be able to dominate, knee elbow spam shouldn’t be able to dominate.

In life, these fights are 50/50. The fighters in the game should have those same chances and the winner to be determined by who is better, not who has the fighter with the spammy moveset. There’s a reason no one wants to fight CAFs.

What modes are there for people to play offline? Literally everything feels like a “Fight Now” match so why bother? It’s either that or go online and fight Mr. DeRandeme (spelled that wrong) spamming these moves with a 4+ foot hit range.

There are things in this game that are more annoying than parries I swear. I wouldn' mind parries if they didn’t give a free hit. Would be useful against these dudes that stick to you like glue and throw an almost unlimited stream of combos at you.

Like I said, I’ve played these games probably a lot longer than a lot of people here. Before the Undisputed series n what not. These games are becoming less fun because they’re about doing the most scummy thing to get a quick win or spamming something that’s nearly impossible to time a lunge or sway on. There is a reason Undisputed is so missed and you acting as if those things that game had aren’t needed and like this is improved somehow, is crazy to me. Look at the clinch, look at the ground game. Are you serious? The ability to move forward with strikes was nice on paper but it’s a little too much in practice.
Didnt UD3 have a meta and all kinds of exploits when it came to the ground game? Serious question because I rarely play any MMA game online. I just recall people constantly complaining alot about "punch flicking" and that being an exploit and top players preferring grapplers because that exploit helped them win.

Can you guys help a non-online guy understand this? I hear people saying that there is a meta. People on OS say that the meta is aggression. People in the ESFL say the meta is "running" and fighting off of your back foot. I've seen people like Kenetic successful at this game with an aggressive style. I've seen people like Pryoxis successful at this game with a outside fighting style. Good Grappler is apparently good at the game and he prefers wrestling. I've heard some people are good at clinching.

So if there are so many different styles can lead to success, isnt that a good thing?

I'm honestly confused by this but maybe its because I dont play online.
aholbert32 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 04:38 PM   #35
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Mar 2018
Re: UFC 4 can look like this ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by RematchKing
There is a meta in this game and there should be no meta. Everything should be just as effective. Wrestling shouldn’t be able to dominate, slip counters shouldn’t be able to dominate, knee elbow spam shouldn’t be able to dominate.

In life, these fights are 50/50. The fighters in the game should have those same chances and the winner to be determined by who is better, not who has the fighter with the spammy moveset. There’s a reason no one wants to fight CAFs.
There's a meta in every competition so what are you even talking about? For example, 3 point shots are meta in current NBA compared to the 80s. There's a reason wrestlers have better track record in UFC than kung fu or aikido practitioners. The game already has a way of reinforcing 50-50 matchups by having a matchmaking rating which tries to put you against equally skilled players. In real life that idea is complete nonsense. Was Shevchenko vs Eye a 50-50 matchup?

One of the main complaints for Ultimate Team this year was that there's less of an emphasis on CAFs.

Quote:
The ability to move forward with strikes was nice on paper but it’s a little too much in practice.
lol
__________________
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
tomitomitomi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2019, 05:27 PM   #36
Moderator
 
kehlis's Arena
 
OVR: 41
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 24,661
Re: UFC 4 can look like this ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
I was previously banned, but never permanently banned. I didn't make a new account or anything like that, so don't imply that my ban was anything like this ban. These forums are for a game. Enjoy your lives. Have a little fun. Let people play a little. ESPECIALLY if they let you do what they ban others for.
You should practice what you preach. You too, have no idea the parameters of this ban.....Not all bans are permanent.

Sorry to ruin the moderator trolling though....
kehlis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 05:59 PM   #37
Omaewa mou shindeiru
 
Haz____'s Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: __________ The Galactic Leyline
Posts: 3,550
Re: UFC 4 can look like this ???

Sorry for being off topic, but I literally laughed out loud at Fish calling Holbert "Alberto".

Henceforth, Aholbert32 shall be known as Alberto.
🇲🇽 🇲🇽 🇲🇽
__________________
PSN: Lord__Hazanko

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Haz____ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 06:48 PM   #38
(aka Alberto)
 
aholbert32's Arena
 
OVR: 44
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 31,540
Blog Entries: 8
Re: UFC 4 can look like this ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Sorry for being off topic, but I literally laughed out loud at Fish calling Holbert "Alberto".

Henceforth, Aholbert32 shall be known as Alberto.
🇲🇽 🇲🇽 🇲🇽
I'm honestly considering changing my username. I'm serious.
aholbert32 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 07:19 PM   #39
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2016
Re: UFC 4 can look like this ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I'm honestly considering changing my username. I'm serious.
Do it Alberto.
bmlimo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 07:23 PM   #40
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2016
Re: UFC 4 can look like this ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
Here you said -
'
I love this sport but the community here is very reluctant to change because then they won’t be able to dominate the meta.'

Although it doesn't say top players, generally the people who 'dominate' the meta are *ding ding* top players.

Also, I didn't say it was with regards to myself, because generally most players know I look for 'anti-meta' playstyles.

Now:

Everything should be effective -->

But then you say wrestling shouldn't be effective? That statement is contradictory.

Also, you're also making a huge assumption saying I don't want things to be changed, take a look through the forum + and the things GPD shares/comments on what I tag him in on Twitter with finding bugs in the game, and you'll see I'm on your 'side'.

Anywho,

I DO agree that every playstyle should be viable and that's something I've been pushing for, ESPECIALLY because for all styles to flourish you need every single defensive tool to be just as effective as the offensive tools available, alongside the counters that are available. I still vehemently disagree with the stiff arm retreat costing the amount of stamina that it does + along with the amount of stamina that gets drained in the long term.

Parries would be effective if you only allow to parry with a similar strike that you parried with, as like most fighters do IRL, parry the jab, counter with a jab or straight strike, and that's another thing I would find viable.

Although, none of the things you've listed really 'dominate' but that's because the way I play is based on neutralizing what my opponent does best.

I'm mainly looking forward to a revamped clinch + ground game, since it is relatively stale to an extent.
U mean every realistic style beeing effective right? I mean, random spam shouldn’t be effective as it is in this game...
bmlimo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:20 AM.

Top -