Home

My ideas for a perfect universe/Dana White mode

This is a discussion on My ideas for a perfect universe/Dana White mode within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2019, 06:25 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: My ideas for a perfect universe/Dana White mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
I don’t want anything added until they fix the gameplay issues glaring them in the face. Why have new modes and bad gameplay. If any mode should be added first it should be practice with a friend
We can let the gameplay team handle that. Adding a mode has nothing to do with them.

The gameplay can be fine tuned every year. Every sports title does it. This is a terrible reason to say nothing else should be added. We would literally never get anything new because there would always be something that you guys would seem has to get done first.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 06-27-2019, 11:43 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I want a Universe mode badly but the fact that I'm currently using WMMA5 with my current UFC 3 universe makes it less of a need. I cant see a universe mode in its first iteration providing me with the depth that WMMA5 does.
Is WMMA5 an offline simulator? Can you have online leagues with others?

Quote:
Injuries and stat decay would be great.
Evander Holyfield boxing for the Genesis had this. Once you got to 28 fights, you started to decline.
It was an amazing challenge to go undefeated through your 40 fights.
It was also awesome watching guys at the top, start to get beat - such as Holyfield. Once I beat him, he started losing fights until he was a non-factor.
The fact I could have two concurrent careers going at once in the same game was awesome too. I'd beat the snot out of him with my 2nd fighter on my way up.

It's amazing that a 30-year old boxing game still has a better career mode than 90% of the combat games that are released today.

Last edited by Money99; 06-27-2019 at 11:45 AM.
Old 06-27-2019, 01:28 PM   #11
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Is WMMA5 an offline simulator? Can you have online leagues with others?

Evander Holyfield boxing for the Genesis had this. Once you got to 28 fights, you started to decline.
It was an amazing challenge to go undefeated through your 40 fights.
It was also awesome watching guys at the top, start to get beat - such as Holyfield. Once I beat him, he started losing fights until he was a non-factor.
The fact I could have two concurrent careers going at once in the same game was awesome too. I'd beat the snot out of him with my 2nd fighter on my way up.

It's amazing that a 30-year old boxing game still has a better career mode than 90% of the combat games that are released today.
WMMA5 is a MMA text simulator. I'm not sure you can have online leagues but I've never looked into. I use it to schedule fights (the fighters can turn down fights), generate injuries (pre fight/post fight), rankings, odds generator (affects rankings) and a records database.

I used to play the hell out of Holyfield boxing. That and Greatest Heavyweights.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2019, 01:46 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
I don’t want anything added until they fix the gameplay issues glaring them in the face. Why have new modes and bad gameplay. If any mode should be added first it should be practice with a friend

Yeah, they should be directing all of their resources to improve grappling and striking gameplay. While I would love a universe mode, I certainly don't want adding tons of modes to detract from core gameplay improvements.
Old 06-27-2019, 03:24 PM   #13
Rookie

I just wanted to say I’m not expecting a potential universe mode to be this grand. This is just a dream for me. What I do expect/hope for is basically a glorified event mode that keeps track of records and rankings. I don’t think that would be difficult to implement, and it would satisfy many fans of the franchise that have been asking for it.
Old 06-27-2019, 03:51 PM   #14
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAttack33
Yeah, they should be directing all of their resources to improve grappling and striking gameplay. While I would love a universe mode, I certainly don't want adding tons of modes to detract from core gameplay improvements.
Thats not how game development works.

GPD doesnt work on modes. He works on gameplay. There is a group that works on gameplay and a group that works on modes. Now if you are suggesting that EA fires the modes group and hires more gameplay devs....ok.

That would be a pretty tough sell though from a marketing position. "UFC 4: No new modes or mode improvements but we now have a neutral stance and a seated cage position"

The fact is they can do both. They can improve gameplay and add modes at the same time.
Old 07-02-2019, 01:09 PM   #15
Rookie

Lol its EA were talking about bud. We get a broken game for 6 months till it's patched and bare minimum game modes. Look at Yukes/THQ every iteration of games had new modes if I'm not correct. A PRIDE mode would be really killer, you know like the one we got after the 3rd Undisputed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2019, 01:11 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Thats not how game development works.

GPD doesnt work on modes. He works on gameplay. There is a group that works on gameplay and a group that works on modes. Now if you are suggesting that EA fires the modes group and hires more gameplay devs....ok.

That would be a pretty tough sell though from a marketing position. "UFC 4: No new modes or mode improvements but we now have a neutral stance and a seated cage position"

The fact is they can do both. They can improve gameplay and add modes at the same time.
We pretty much have the same modes from the first 3 ufcs and what, tournament mode? If they can do both they sure have failed at their job that's for sure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »