Home

EA UFC 3, One Year Later: What are you struggling with?

This is a discussion on EA UFC 3, One Year Later: What are you struggling with? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2019, 08:34 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: EA UFC 3, One Year Later: What are you struggling with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
I don't want to make a video on haptic feedback because it may lead to players wanting to use it, so I'll explain this:
When they strike they are vulnerable, and Feints will cause their controller to vibrate, so changing up your Feints will screw with their controller.

Grappling is another way to shut them down, so I would go with the cage grappling transitions to bring them down rather than open cage since for some God forsaken reason there is a vibration for when somebody shoots. (if you fake the TD it will cause a vibration as well, food for thought)

More disruption -> clearer avenue for victory.

The real issue is when it's used with side steps, but round strikes kill them TREMENDOUSLY.
I know, it just I’m running against a guy (thaaaat guy)
His style in stand up is mediocre but i really struggle because he uses haptic feedback and cheesy moves. The other problem is that on ground he denies everything even fakes, he is terrible transitioning but he can deny everything... kinda sucks play against him... yesterday I noticed that close range wombo(jab upper hook) is letal, my main was straight hook upper... but man... wombo is fast as light
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2019, 03:40 PM   #26
Banned

Quote:
You actually called a GC or a Mod a liar, but anywho, leave the personal stuff out of my thread, both of you, keep it in the DMs.
I never outright called anyone a liar. Fake news
Old 06-29-2019, 03:43 PM   #27
Rookie

I try to pull counter, duck, Dodge, etc but when I'm blocking I get stuck in the block and freeze. Is there a way around that? Thanks.
Old 06-29-2019, 11:00 PM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroQban
I try to pull counter, duck, Dodge, etc but when I'm blocking I get stuck in the block and freeze. Is there a way around that? Thanks.
Make reads. Slip when their punch lands on your block. Its important to know what they are going to throw
Old 06-30-2019, 04:22 PM   #29
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroQban
That's an unfortunate bug that happens when your block gets overcommitted, what I suggest is practice blocking and slipping, and return to block and slip. Every successful slip/duck allows you to get the block for the next strike unless you're at a certain range.

For example if somebody throws a lead hook straight, you can pull the hook, but you won't avoid the straight or have enough time to get the block up, so you have to immediately sway the strike if that's what you predict is coming. (something I will get on in the upcoming video)
Old 06-30-2019, 04:29 PM   #30
MVP

Quote:
That's an unfortunate bug that happens when your block gets overcommitted, what I suggest is practice blocking and slipping, and return to block and slip. Every successful slip/duck allows you to get the block for the next strike unless you're at a certain range.

For example if somebody throws a lead hook straight, you can pull the hook, but you won't avoid the straight or have enough time to get the block up, so you have to immediately sway the strike if that's what you predict is coming. (something I will get on in the upcoming video)
I just wanted to say thanks for the effort, I appreciate it!

Oh, and one more thing - a guy pulled straights against me the other day before countering me. How and why is that possible? To my understanding pulls are used to counteract hooks and uppercuts.
Old 06-30-2019, 06:54 PM   #31
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
I just wanted to say thanks for the effort, I appreciate it!

Oh, and one more thing - a guy pulled straights against me the other day before countering me. How and why is that possible? To my understanding pulls are used to counteract hooks and uppercuts.
Very simple: Range.

You can't pull the straight or jab in elbow range, but you can pull it at the end of punching ranging. You can pull Uppercuts in elbow range, but it has to be a major pull and not a minor.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2019, 09:14 PM   #32
MVP

Romero,
Most matches I lose come down to who works the body the best. Any tips on attacking and defending the body? I seem to get punished a ton every time I go to the body and have trouble punishing the opponents body strikes.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »