Home

Let us see who our opponent is picking

This is a discussion on Let us see who our opponent is picking within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2019, 07:08 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Let us see who our opponent is picking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
What... the... hell?
That comment was obviously very condescending. What do you mean? How am i supposed act after being trashed here and unfairly temp banned? Not his first time trying to make me look stupid or act like a dick to me If your a gc you can basically say what you want to anyone here. No matter how snarky the comment. If your an average joe tread lightly though. Youll be banned if you breath wrong

Last edited by 1212headkick; 07-11-2019 at 07:14 PM.
Old 07-11-2019, 07:58 PM   #50
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
No they cant you can hide your pick.
majority of fighting games don’t have this feature
Old 07-11-2019, 08:02 PM   #51
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
That comment was obviously very condescending. What do you mean? How am i supposed act after being trashed here and unfairly temp banned? Not his first time trying to make me look stupid or act like a dick to me If your a gc you can basically say what you want to anyone here. No matter how snarky the comment. If your an average joe tread lightly though. Youll be banned if you breath wrong
I'll be honest. I dont see that comment as condescending at all. In fact, its a question that I had too. I dont play nor watch fighting game tournaments so its a question I had. Martial doesnt give a **** about any non boxing or MMA fighting game so its likely he didnt know either.

I dont know how its "obvious" it was condescending given that you cant interpret tone through that comment. If you read the words alone, its a valid question. Now if you assume because of past history that any question that comes from him will be condescending, thats your right.

Ever since your return from the temp ban, youve been on best behavior. It would suck to see you fall back into the behavior that got you banned in the first place. Just my two cents.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2019, 08:44 PM   #52
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I'll be honest. I dont see that comment as condescending at all. In fact, its a question that I had too. I dont play nor watch fighting game tournaments so its a question I had. Martial doesnt give a **** about any non boxing or MMA fighting game so its likely he didnt know either.

I dont know how its "obvious" it was condescending given that you cant interpret tone through that comment. If you read the words alone, its a valid question. Now if you assume because of past history that any question that comes from him will be condescending, thats your right.

Ever since your return from the temp ban, youve been on best behavior. It would suck to see you fall back into the behavior that got you banned in the first place. Just my two cents.
I genuinely care about this game. I dont care for those though who make it a point to to an ******* to me. If you go to the neutral stance discussion he approached me the same way. If youve built a rapport with me of constantly being a dick I will address you with the same energy you address me with. It should be expected and it should be common sense.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:51 PM   #53
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
I genuinely care about this game. I dont care for those though who make it a point to to an ******* to me. If you go to the neutral stance discussion he approached me the same way. If youve built a rapport with me of constantly being a dick I will address you with the same energy you address me with. It should be expected and it should be common sense.
Common sense? Not really. I'm a believer that people can disagree with me on one subject and ask a genuine question about another.

For example, I dont like you. I'm pretty sure you feel the same way about me. With that said if you asked me a question about the game, I'm not going to automatically assume you are being a "dick" unless the actual words you use are insulting or dickish.

If he said "How can you ****ing hide your pick in a real life gaming tournament where both players are playing next to each other? How does that work, genius?".....I would 100% agree with you. But there was nothing about that post alone that would make you think he was being condescending at all.

You are just basing it off of past posts which in my opinion is a bad way to carry on a discussion about the game. Its also likely to get you in circumstances where you get banned again and I know you dont want that. Anyway, just my take.
Old 07-13-2019, 08:56 AM   #54
EA Game Changer

MartialMind's Arena

Quote:
Theres an option for it. At least in mk11 and db fighterz there is. If you push y theres an option to hide the cursor. Nice try at attempting to make me look stupid. Your bias against me is truely amazing
Oh? I didn't know that was a thing. Thanks
Old 07-13-2019, 05:56 PM   #55
Pro

This can either result in one of two things:

1. Players are able to see their opponents pick, and counter-pick accordingly. So if my opponent is picking a lower tier fighter, I can elect to do the same. Conversely, I can pick a higher rated fighter if I see my opponent is also doing so.

This would be a wonderful benefit of being able to see who our opponent is picking.

2. Players see who their opponent is picking, and decide to back out of the match. Which would give rise to cherry-picking, and effectively ruin online play.

For example, if I’m looking to pad my record with Khabib, I could back out every time someone picks Ferguson (which would also eliminate threats of playing someone like dmart, who exclusively uses Ferg at LW). Then I could just ready up when I get a favorable matchup.

There are also certain players who always pick the same fighters (Oleinik, Chiesa, RDA, Adasenya, etc) and you could simply back out every time you see someone pick those fighters.

Then there’s other issues, like players who’d just outright refuse to fight Jones or DC. Or, they just go straight to Jones every time, and if their opponent picks DC or Gus, they just back out immediately because they only want to play if they have an advantage. Sounds very lame. but there’s lots of people who do that kind of stuff.

For this reason, matchmaking must ALWAYS remain 100% discreet and anonymous until the monent the fight starts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2019, 06:06 PM   #56
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Grappler
This can either result in one of two things:

1. Players are able to see their opponents pick, and counter-pick accordingly. So if my opponent is picking a lower tier fighter, I can elect to do the same. Conversely, I can pick a higher rated fighter if I see my opponent is also doing so.

This would be a wonderful benefit of being able to see who our opponent is picking.

2. Players see who their opponent is picking, and decide to back out of the match. Which would give rise to cherry-picking, and effectively ruin online play.

For example, if I’m looking to pad my record with Khabib, I could back out every time someone picks Ferguson (which would also eliminate threats of playing someone like dmart, who exclusively uses Ferg at LW). Then I could just ready up when I get a favorable matchup.

There are also certain players who always pick the same fighters (Oleinik, Chiesa, RDA, Adasenya, etc) and you could simply back out every time you see someone pick those fighters.

Then there’s other issues, like players who’d just outright refuse to fight Jones or DC. Or, they just go straight to Jones every time, and if their opponent picks DC or Gus, they just back out immediately because they only want to play if they have an advantage. Sounds very lame. but there’s lots of people who do that kind of stuff.

For this reason, matchmaking must ALWAYS remain 100% discreet and anonymous until the monent the fight starts.
If you back out (unless it's red bar connection) you would get a loss.

Last edited by Evil97; 07-13-2019 at 06:09 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »