Home

Being accused of cheating

This is a discussion on Being accused of cheating within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2019, 06:31 PM   #1
Rookie

MysticJack541's Arena

OVR: 0
Being accused of cheating

I have been accused of lag switching 3 times in the last 2 weeks. 2 of those people have reported me (at least that's what they told me) and In both of those matches the game ran completely smooth with no lag whatsoever for me. 1 of those matches had a tad bit of lag, nothing crazy or unusual.
I just had a fight where it would lag a bit like every 5 or so seconds. I asked my opponent if it was lagging out of curiosity, and he said he thought I was lag tampering at the beginning of the match, thankfully he was more understanding and wasn't angry. These were all in quick match, Xbox One, and playing on wifi I can't access Ethernet to where i'm playing.
I also play on PS4, and have yet to run into this issue. Anyways I guess i'll refrain from playing on xbox until I figure out what's going on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2019, 08:32 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Being accused of cheating

Sanctioned cheating in this game goes deep.

From insider knowledge (like gcs knowing the meta beforehand), freezing between rounds, convienent lag switching, resets, etc. I have fought several people who do these silly things. I have noticed people tend to do this when they jealous so they have to snipe on alts. But OP isn't so pathetic ime.
Old 07-17-2019, 09:01 PM   #3
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala

From insider knowledge (like gcs knowing the meta beforehand), freezing between rounds, convienent lag switching, resets, etc. I have fought several people who do these silly things. I have noticed people tend to do this when they jealous so they have to snipe on alts. But OP isn't so pathetic ime.
I dont know if thats true. Like the meta isnt really established until EVERYBODY has the game. UFC 3 the GCs played a very basic version of the game for 4 hrs in February, 8-10 hours with a 50% version of the game in August and the final game 1 or 2 days before it was released on EA Access.

Do not know how much of an advantage that is.

Also only one out of the 6 really plays the game competitively. You dont see guys like Zhunter or Martial or Solid or MMAGame climbing up the leaderboards. Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-17-2019, 11:44 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I dont know if thats true. Like the meta isnt really established until EVERYBODY has the game. UFC 3 the GCs played a very basic version of the game for 4 hrs in February, 8-10 hours with a 50% version of the game in August and the final game 1 or 2 days before it was released on EA Access.

Do not know how much of an advantage that is.

Also only one out of the 6 really plays the game competitively. You dont see guys like Zhunter or Martial or Solid or MMAGame climbing up the leaderboards. Just my 2 cents.
It's true, but I agree the degree of the advantage is debatable.

GCs/devs will inevitably have insider knowledge, that's fine. It's just there should've been a comprehensive and complete tutorial/practice mode, so the knowledge disparity isn't so skewed. I mean there are several elements of the game never explained anywhere in the game -> from fake steps, matador stance & block cancel (block + RS = up/down: TDD/CD stance, left right: block cancel, speed/tempo modulation), flinches, etc to a piss poor practice mode for what is supposed to be a competitive game.

Alts and sniping are prevalent- I wouldn't be surprised if they partake in such activities.
Old 07-18-2019, 12:02 AM   #5
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
It's true, but I agree the degree of the advantage is debatable.

GCs/devs will inevitably have insider knowledge, that's fine. It's just there should've been a comprehensive and complete tutorial/practice mode, so the knowledge disparity isn't so skewed. I mean there are several elements of the game never explained anywhere in the game -> from fake steps, matador stance & block cancel (block + RS = up/down: TDD/CD stance, left right: block cancel, speed/tempo modulation), flinches, etc to a piss poor practice mode for what is supposed to be a competitive game.

Alts and sniping are prevalent- I wouldn't be surprised if they partake in such activities.
But I dont think any of the GCs knew about any of that stuff because of "insider info" or working on the game. If they learned about it, they learned about it by playing the game.

Now if you are talking about things like frames knowledge then yes thats something that has been discussed behind the scenes and sure that can be used as an advantage.....but I swear GPD released that info pretty soon after release.

I dont think that something like that should be called "sanctioned cheating" or grouped together with lag switching.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2019, 08:32 AM   #6
Pro

The "advantage" GCs get for playing the game a few times beforehand is marginal at best. Dozen or so people need way more time to figure out the meta than that. The tens of thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) of people will quickly gather enough data to catch up to them.
Old 07-18-2019, 11:24 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:

The freezes between rounds seem pretty common. I put it down to both connections. You're not saying when the round freezes, someone's doing that on purpose, are you?

I really can't see that being the case. Are you aware of any advantages this gives the player? Or is this just a tell?
Old 07-18-2019, 10:10 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimLeiper
The freezes between rounds seem pretty common. I put it down to both connections. You're not saying when the round freezes, someone's doing that on purpose, are you?

I really can't see that being the case. Are you aware of any advantages this gives the player? Or is this just a tell?
I don't know if it's only intentional, could happen unintentionally too.

But I have noticed it tends to happen more with people who jealous, doesn't seem as coincidental. Could be wrong tho.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »