Home

Do PS4 PRO Users Have An Advantage?

This is a discussion on Do PS4 PRO Users Have An Advantage? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2019, 01:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Question Do PS4 PRO Users Have An Advantage?

I just got a pro and the difference is crazy. it runs at a silky smooth 60fps on the pro whereas on the standard ps4 it's 30fps. I imagine this makes a world of difference in the grappling department, but does the bump in framerate ps4 pro users get also effect the striking? do ps4 pro users just straight up have an advantage over base ps4 players?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2019, 02:07 PM   #2
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Re: Do PS4 PRO Users Have An Advantage?

From everything I've read here and on Discord/etc. --- PS Pro does help. Add-in a gaming monitor with 1ms lag or whatever, and you're really going to have an advantage I'd imagine, specifically with grappling (but I'm sure your overall reaction time and 'feeling' will be better no matter where the fight is taking place).

I've only used a regular PS4 and 1080p TV (I did adjust the settings to minimize lag) so I'm not sure how big a difference it makes--- but for UFC 4 I'm tempted to make the upgrade. I really don't WANT to........but probably will....

Pretty much everyone who has gone to PS Pro has stated they'll never go back to UFC using regular PS4 so I suppose the difference is pretty major haha
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 07-24-2019, 03:57 PM   #3
Pro

It helps but it doesn't turn someone from from Div 3 player to Top 100.
Old 07-24-2019, 09:14 PM   #4
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Do PS4 PRO Users Have An Advantage?

Once I started seeing YouTube videos of people obviously playing on a PS4 Pro, it all made sense. I’m sure even the the striking with this combo system makes it better. Was PS4 Pro out when this game released? Maybe that’s why the devs swore up and down there was no input lag.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by TheGentlemanGhost; 07-24-2019 at 11:27 PM.
Old 07-25-2019, 07:48 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 1

Maybe a bit, but a monitor with a low latency is going to make a much, much larger difference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2019, 08:18 PM   #6
Rookie

Its more of a visual thing, but it overall feels a lot smoother with 60fps. so that does help a bit
Old 07-25-2019, 09:39 PM   #7
Rookie

Without a doubt. I can tell when someone is using one because they seem to move way faster than me and their reaction times are better than the AI on legendary. I don't see why this game isn't locked at 30fps like I just don't. It's completely unfair to me. The button lag disappears and the response time is super fast. What can people that don't have a PS4 Pro do to negate that? Nothing. It's literally like using a PC in console lobbies with a massive frame advantage.

I also don't get why you can get a more powerful system and the game runs better, but it's not on PC. Using a PS4 Pro in this game gives you the same advantage that using a PC would. So you're okay with allowing people to have an advantage like this, but you're not okay with it being on PC? That's complete BS. I quit out of any match where I can tell someone is using a Pro because it's not fair.
Old 07-27-2019, 01:02 AM   #8
MVP

GPD has said the Background simulation is still rendered at 30FPS on Pro. It's only the visual output that increases to 60FPS.

This means you can visually identify strikes and transitions sooner, but the timing windows are the same as the regular PS4.

From personal experience, it definitely helps identify strikes but contrary to the above comment, it most definitely does not make your reactions better than the legendary AI, not even close.

Personally I find it makes more of a difference in the striking department and minimal difference on grappling, it doesn't affect denial windows. I can jump on my regular PS4 at 30FPS and grapple just the same as I do on Pro. Takes a few minutes to adjust on the feet, but because all the timing windows are the same it's markedly easier than a traditional FPS boost.

Main thing to know though is the BGS is NOT running at 60FPS on Pro, it's solely visual. If anyone can be bothered finding the old PS4 Pro thread you'll find an explanation from GPD on this that explains it better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »