Home

What strikes do you feel need changes?(besides knee elbow)

This is a discussion on What strikes do you feel need changes?(besides knee elbow) within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2019, 02:36 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: What strikes do you feel need changes?(besides knee elbow)

Adding the advancing lead body hook to the list. That skip is just ugly.

Mandatory wind up animation for certain power/sig strikes all around is lame.

There are a ton of UFC 2 strike animations that just look better and play out with more realism to fighting.

EA, I understand how fragile the mocap suits must be with the velcro ball sensors, but please invest in mocap suit durability for the sole purpose of catching striking animation on real targets with actual impact. Fighters and performers doing these sessions shadow boxing are doing the game a disservice. “Hand drawn” animation still has the upper hand in this regard.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-22-2019, 01:10 PM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEZERO
Adding the advancing lead body hook to the list. That skip is just ugly.

Mandatory wind up animation for certain power/sig strikes all around is lame.

There are a ton of UFC 2 strike animations that just look better and play out with more realism to fighting.

EA, I understand how fragile the mocap suits must be with the velcro ball sensors, but please invest in mocap suit durability for the sole purpose of catching striking animation on real targets with actual impact. Fighters and performers doing these sessions shadow boxing are doing the game a disservice. “Hand drawn” animation still has the upper hand in this regard.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Mocap is always going to have a disadvantage when it comes to making animation look realistic. What they need to do is create detailed player models with physics and acceleration. Watching this game in slow motion which is very easy to do reveals just how ugly this game animates. Go to any good players YouTube channel who uses ps4pro and set the playback to half speed. its pretty bad
Old 08-22-2019, 01:47 PM   #19
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEZERO

So this this interesting. I saw a video with Bas Rutten a while back, where he is talking about working on 1 of the GTA games. Apparently they got Bas to do 1 of the TV shows that play on the TVs in game. There's a few different channels you can watch, and it plays out these fake TV shows. Bas was in 1, and they had him doing mo cap for the animations. He said the animation ended up looking terrible and they couldnt figure out why. Bas said that that's when it came to him- They were just mo capping him throwing strikes at air - As soon as he realized what the issue was, he made them redo the mo cap with him striking a bag or pads this time instead, and BOOM, all of the sudden the animations looked way better.

Now I don't know how the mo cap was actually done in UFC 3, but hearing Bas talk about that was pretty interesting, and makes me wonder how EA is doing it for UFC, because something is off on a lot of these animations for sure.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 08-22-2019, 02:11 PM   #20
Rookie

It looks to me like every strike has a default position that looks the best. As the game adjusts to movement and the opponents strikes, it modifies the base animation to cover some of the dubious hit detection. As we all know your opponents movement has a significant impact on what your strikes look like and do. This is wrong and will always look bad
Old 08-24-2019, 08:00 AM   #21
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Lead jab body upper combo cheese needs to go
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2019, 01:01 PM   #22
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Lead jab body upper combo cheese needs to go
Lead or rear upper? With the actual jab, or with a feint?
Old 08-26-2019, 01:53 PM   #23
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

I'd like to see some work done on ALL hit detection/accuracy mechanics in-game. Almost all strikes are too accurate, this is especially true for strikes at the end of long combos, and low-stamina strikes.

Would also like to see more detail/variation in type of strikes based upon Move Level and Stats.

Finally, would like to see "Side-Specific" stats come back.

i.e. Left Hand Power vs. Right Hand Power, etc.

Striking made huge strides in UFC 3 (especially post launch) but still some work to be done to make things a bit less arcadey IMO

Oh and as SmokeZero and others said...some of the animations could use a detailed look to see if they can be made smoother/more realistic
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

Last edited by Boiler569; 08-26-2019 at 01:56 PM.
Old 08-31-2019, 09:46 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
I'd like to see some work done on ALL hit detection/accuracy mechanics in-game. Almost all strikes are too accurate, this is especially true for strikes at the end of long combos, and low-stamina strikes.

Would also like to see more detail/variation in type of strikes based upon Move Level and Stats.

Finally, would like to see "Side-Specific" stats come back.

i.e. Left Hand Power vs. Right Hand Power, etc.

Striking made huge strides in UFC 3 (especially post launch) but still some work to be done to make things a bit less arcadey IMO

Oh and as SmokeZero and others said...some of the animations could use a detailed look to see if they can be made smoother/more realistic
"Side Specific" stats like EA MMA would be awesome. As well as punch and kick range stats. Combined stats kind of annoys me personally....but yeah im down for this to come back

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »