Home

What strikes do you feel need changes?(besides knee elbow)

This is a discussion on What strikes do you feel need changes?(besides knee elbow) within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2019, 02:12 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Angry Re: What strikes do you feel need changes?(besides knee elbow)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmageek
I've thought for a while that jabs need to be worked on. They don't really do well as a distance manager and seem to mainly exist to set up combinations. I'd like to see a signature jab like GSP's lunging jab that feels like it really has weight behind it.

And to be honest I think that a lot of strikes could be cleaned up and benefit from a power modifier. In Fight Night Champion, when throwing combos without the power modifiers, a lot of the strikes could bounce of the opponents gloves or just glance off of their head depending on the blocking and movement. I know that it's different in MMA with different gloves, but the way it is done in FNC reminds me of the Holloway/Poirer fight, where Holloway threw a ton of shots that Dustin rolled with that didn't exactly rock him.

I'd like to see the ability to throw a bunch of shots like that with someone like Holloway that don't necessarily rock or knock someone out, but just slowly wear them out and do a lot of damage.
I would love it if there was some distinction between:

- pillow volume (Covington)
- stiff volume (Holloway, Ferguson)
- power-modified strikes
Old 08-19-2019, 02:40 PM   #10
Rookie

Re: What strikes do you feel need changes?(besides knee elbow)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitfistssaipailo
Seriously all unrealistic combos need to go ...

The oblique kick to spinning heel kick/ turning side kick .

spinning elbows shouldn't track when ducked .

Jumping knee animation should have a variation of moving forward and not just a vertical leap .

Some strikes should have a light variation and a heavy variation to conserve stamina .

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app
The oblique kick to spinning heel kick is a legit combo irl

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-19-2019, 03:33 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
I would love it if there was some distinction between:

- pillow volume (Covington)
- stiff volume (Holloway, Ferguson)
- power-modified strikes
Yeah this would be perfect. I wanna be able to grind people down like Colby while throwing some high volume combos that don't necessarily rock them. I think it takes away from the realism when guys like Colby are rocking people constantly.

And I don't think that block should be completely black-and-white. Right now, block works 100% of the time when it's not broken. I'd like to see it be more like FNC where some well placed combos can sneak through the guard. This would be especially realistic when you have someone backed against the cage and are teeing off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2019, 03:44 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmageek
Yeah this would be perfect. I wanna be able to grind people down like Colby while throwing some high volume combos that don't necessarily rock them. I think it takes away from the realism when guys like Colby are rocking people constantly.

And I don't think that block should be completely black-and-white. Right now, block works 100% of the time when it's not broken. I'd like to see it be more like FNC where some well placed combos can sneak through the guard. This would be especially realistic when you have someone backed against the cage and are teeing off.
Yeah, I'm particularly interested in how stiff strikes can be implemented. In real life they don't knock you out, at least not until later, but you feel them and they drain you. Perhaps another situation where dynamic stat change during a fight can be great, which would reflect the punishment accumulated from guys like Holloway or Ferguson.

This also made me think of how the health system is rather linear, just bars, and I wonder if that can do with a change of some sort. Obviously the paper doll is one choice, but I'm thinking of something like the system where the screen gets blurry around the edges the more damage you take and you need to avoid damage to get it normalized. Now in UFC, you shouldn't recover to 100% like you do in these action or shooter games. And yeah, I imagine how the damage accumulated from a Ferguson in R4 would result in a significantly blurry screen around the edges, one that slightly impairs the experience and lets you know ****'s real. Something like that.
Old 08-20-2019, 02:43 AM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Overhands. We don't have a real overhand, we just have these huge looping Fedor/ Big Country giant swinging "Overhands". We need a more realistic Overhand punch that's not so extreme.

Snap Kick. We have push kicks but we don't have snap kicks or "Toe Stabs". A faster, whip like gut shot, like Conor or Silva throws.

Lead Leg Question Mark Kick. I don't know exactly what it is but the animation on this thing looks horrible. When you see guys like Ruslan or Rockhold throw it in real life it looks way smoother. This strike is very hard to land in game and just doesn't look right.
The ducking lead hook a few fighters had in UFC 2 was a thing of beauty . I remember khabib had it . I think TJ Dillashaw had it too.

Old 08-20-2019, 02:46 AM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan365
The oblique kick to spinning heel kick is a legit combo irl

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Operation Sports mobile app
I've never seen it done ...not that I doubt you.

But max ever done that ?

Old 08-20-2019, 12:38 PM   #15
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitfistssaipailo
I've never seen it done ...not that I doubt you.

But max ever done that ?

Lando KO'd Makdessi with that combo.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2019, 12:39 PM   #16
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
You do have the toe stab, I remember responding to someone about it some time ago, it may have even been you — just throw the kick stationary. You'll get it.

As for the question mark kick — you're not really supposed to land it "easily". I agree that the lead one looks a bit off, the rear one's pretty great though, and if you set it up well it can land. If the other guy's used to a normal roundhouse, the delay of the QM kick can catch him off guard. You can also hit it of a same-side punch I think, which most people don't expect. You obviously also have to maintain a certain distance to land it. But yeah, it's a specific strike and you can't keep throwing it the whole fight like it's a jab.

Here's one thing though — I really would like it if arcs of certain strikes are similar before the key part plays out. Like the QM kick — Rockhold kept kicking Bisping in the body before slapping him with one, because the initial arc is similar. This would work best if Martial's idea about good and bad animations is implemented so guys like Rockhold can hide it better. I remember in UFC 2 there was a jumping switch kick and the same but to the body — they were absolutely identical before the strike actually lands and it was great to keep opponents guessing.

Anyway, unfortunately the game's defense is based mostly on prediction, rather than reaction. This leads me back to Martial's idea — the better the animation, the harder it should be to reactively avoid, the worse it is — the easier.
We are talking about which strikes need to be fixed. Animations or otherwise.

The stationary push kick is not a snap kick, and if it's supposed to be, it's a terrible representation of a snap kick which needs to be fixed.

Same with the Lead QM kick. It looks absolutely terrible.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »