Home

When will we get any info on EA UFC 4????

This is a discussion on When will we get any info on EA UFC 4???? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2019, 11:29 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: When will we get any info on EA UFC 4????

I'd rather them build on what they got right on EA UFC 3,which was pretty much just the stand up, and rework the whole ground game ,grappling and the submission system. If we wait for the next gen systems to come out, we would be waiting for late 2020/early 2021 at the earliest for a new EA UFC game. I was hoping to see a new Fight Night game, and what better way to do it but to release it for the next gen systems when they release much like Fight Night 3 a couple months after the 360/PS3 release.
Old 08-26-2019, 03:03 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollTideRoll0929
I'd rather them build on what they got right on EA UFC 3,which was pretty much just the stand up, and rework the whole ground game ,grappling and the submission system. If we wait for the next gen systems to come out, we would be waiting for late 2020/early 2021 at the earliest for a new EA UFC game. I was hoping to see a new Fight Night game, and what better way to do it but to release it for the next gen systems when they release much like Fight Night 3 a couple months after the 360/PS3 release.
I dont really understand how creating a sequel on new hardware means they arent building on previous work. Remember the jump from fight night 2 to fight night 3? Tremendous progress. Hell, fight night 3 is still regarded as one of the best in the series

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-26-2019, 05:44 PM   #11
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gion
I dont really understand how creating a sequel on new hardware means they arent building on previous work. Remember the jump from fight night 2 to fight night 3? Tremendous progress. Hell, fight night 3 is still regarded as one of the best in the series

It was regarded one of the best primarily because of the graphics jump that the game made not so much because of any huge gameplay leaps they made. Most of the gameplay leaps were basically EA correcting big mistakes they made with FN 2 like the haymaker system.

With that said, there isnt much reason to argue this. None of us are going to convince EA to change its production/development schedule. I dont know when exactly the game is coming out but I know they are working on a game and its unlikely that they are going to wait a 15 mos (the earliest the new systems will drop) to release a new game.

Maybe they will do the GTA thing where they release the game on current consoles and rerelease it later.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2019, 09:04 PM   #12
Rookie

I think it’s pretty unlikely they don’t release one next year. I don’t think they’ll wait another year for the next gen. Even if they did, they’d probably release it on previous gen as well. I don’t think they’d want it exclusively on new gen because it’s not a big enough title to get people to make the switch and it usually takes a couple years for gamers to largely make the switch. It would just hurt sales to put it exclusively on next gen.
Old 08-27-2019, 03:44 PM   #13
Rookie

All of this talk of what next gen systems can do is suddenly popular now? They’re going to be weaker PCs lol. I’ve been on the PC train for how long? No one really cared, but all of the sudden, next gen consoles are going to be the thing that drive the change? There are PCs more powerful than the next gen systems that you can build right now and we don’t even have a PC port, even though they’re not really hard to do considering the games are made on PCs in the first place.

Now 4K and 60fps matters? Why not keep it at 30 since everyone seems to agree that 60 FPS makes no difference? This is the hypocrisy that is all over this forum. I say 60 FPS does make a noticeable difference, but because people don’t like the other things I say, I’m magically wrong about a proven fact. But now, when it’s the next gen consoles, 60 FPS is just so magical and it’s going to make the world of a difference. That’s rich. I swear there are like 5 people that say something here and everyone accepts it as gospel just because they can win ranked fights. What in the world makes them right just because they can play a game? I’d be willing to be a lot of these dudes don’t even know 10% about the technical aspect of these games and how they run and yet their opinion is never questioned.

Like how can you seriously say that 30 vs 60 frames isn’t different and that 60 doesn’t grant an advantage? Purely by definition, 60 FPS grants an advantage because you can literally see things your opponent can’t! It’s ridiculous.
Old 08-27-2019, 04:26 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RematchKing
All of this talk of what next gen systems can do is suddenly popular now? They’re going to be weaker PCs lol. I’ve been on the PC train for how long? No one really cared, but all of the sudden, next gen consoles are going to be the thing that drive the change? There are PCs more powerful than the next gen systems that you can build right now and we don’t even have a PC port, even though they’re not really hard to do considering the games are made on PCs in the first place.

Now 4K and 60fps matters? Why not keep it at 30 since everyone seems to agree that 60 FPS makes no difference? This is the hypocrisy that is all over this forum. I say 60 FPS does make a noticeable difference, but because people don’t like the other things I say, I’m magically wrong about a proven fact. But now, when it’s the next gen consoles, 60 FPS is just so magical and it’s going to make the world of a difference. That’s rich. I swear there are like 5 people that say something here and everyone accepts it as gospel just because they can win ranked fights. What in the world makes them right just because they can play a game? I’d be willing to be a lot of these dudes don’t even know 10% about the technical aspect of these games and how they run and yet their opinion is never questioned.

Like how can you seriously say that 30 vs 60 frames isn’t different and that 60 doesn’t grant an advantage? Purely by definition, 60 FPS grants an advantage because you can literally see things your opponent can’t! It’s ridiculous.
1. Have you even looked at next gen specs? They're actually impressive. Approx 4 times more powerful than the Ps4 Pro, SSDs, Ray Tracing, up to 13 teraflops, customized Navi CPUs and Ryzen 3rd gen tech. They're being sold at a loss and this game isn't even made for PC so that's completely irrelevant
2. New consoles do drive big change because all developers are working on a set piece of hardware, allowing for universal understanding and ability to push boundaries. The problem with pushing boundaries in PC gaming is that you dont really know how many people out there can even run your game (if it's a power house), which in turn affects sales. With consoles everybody is on the same page, so developers can suck out every but of power and innovation onto the hardware without worry (if you can run it well of course)
3. Nobody has ever said 60 fps isn't different than 30 fps. You're talking about the upgraded versions of these games appearing at 60 fps. The input is exactly the same, but playing on the upgraded consoles do allow you to see movements a little quicker

Last edited by Gion; 08-27-2019 at 06:44 PM.
Old 08-27-2019, 04:40 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
It was regarded one of the best primarily because of the graphics jump that the game made not so much because of any huge gameplay leaps they made. Most of the gameplay leaps were basically EA correcting big mistakes they made with FN 2 like the haymaker system.

With that said, there isnt much reason to argue this. None of us are going to convince EA to change its production/development schedule. I dont know when exactly the game is coming out but I know they are working on a game and its unlikely that they are going to wait a 15 mos (the earliest the new systems will drop) to release a new game.

Maybe they will do the GTA thing where they release the game on current consoles and rerelease it later.
I wouldn't simply say just graphics. The animations took a jump, the reactions of punches and facial deformation system took a big jump, the 3 different stun punches were gimmicky, though they added some interesting meta and were enjoyable. Career mode had a couple new things but sadly wasnt worked upon very much, something that wasnt addressed until FNC. To this day I hold FN 3 above all other boxing games except for FN champion obviously
I do agree the most likely scenario will be a GTA V route, in which I hope it isn't just a port to newer consoles, but a next gen iteration of it

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2019, 12:28 AM   #16
Banned

All major EA SPORTS titles are only weeks or days away from their release.
Fifa 20 comes out Sept. 27 and NHL comes out tomorrow, I believe. And Madden 20 already got ripped apart by most players. EA UFC might become EAs biggest, or 2nd biggest horse 2019/20 with their last UFC Game on the contract, with the UFC. Im hoping for a trailer soon early/mid october. The devs have been pretty quiet for a while now. I just dont know, if thats a good sign or a bad sign...

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »