Home

EA SPORTS UFC 4 Cover Fighter ?

This is a discussion on EA SPORTS UFC 4 Cover Fighter ? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2019, 12:22 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA SPORTS UFC 4 Cover Fighter ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan
Well then this forum would just be one giant thread titled "wishlist".
Well if that turns out to be the case, atleast we are "fundementally" moving forward on aspects that actually matter regarding the game. I still don't see how having a ten page discussion on which fighters should be on the cover would somehow increase the the quality of it's content, even from a marketing point of view it's kinda obsolete at this point.
Old 10-14-2019, 05:51 PM   #74
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
One of the goals of a cover person is to have the cover appeal to the most people possible AND not cause a negative reaction. The last thing EA wants is cover person that cause blogs to write articles like "Did EA put a religious zealot on the cover of its game?". Especially when the only proof that we have that "Khabib is the biggest star in the sport besides Conor" is his numbers in a fight....against Conor. ****, I could do 500k if I fought Conor.

Maybe they will do it or maybe they wont. But its silly to think its a no-brainer given the attention that will come for making him a cover person.

Also, you are wrong about Pac. There is a reason why he lost his Nike deal the minute he started with the anti gay comments.
Khabib is an enormous star even without Conor, and he dominated Conor in the highest profile MMA fight in history, so I think it would be ridiculous to put Conor on.

I hope EA never ever states that a religious reason is in anyway an influence to why they don't select Khabib, that's way more concerning than anything. If we are talking about controversy, how about the guy who has been accused multiple times of sexual assault (including one recently), has admitted to assaulting an elderly man and has assaulted others.
Old 10-15-2019, 06:44 AM   #75
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
I hope EA never ever states that a religious reason is in anyway an influence to why they don't select Khabib, that's way more concerning than anything
That is quite a disingenuous misrepresentation of what Alberto said. The issue is not Khabib being religious but him having political views (that stem from his faith) which go against many modern Western values.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2019, 09:10 AM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 2

Israel Adesanya is an upcoming megastar. Tony Ferguson definitely has his followers but also he could completely derail Khabib in their next fight. The risk of not having multiple stars is always going to be there because of one punch can change everything. I think EA should have a few fighters on the cover. We can choose our favorite for the cover and a title screen/or background. Amanda Nunes definitely deserves a shot at being the next women's cover athlete.

I'm all about this next iteration of the sport. A DLC that could be added on to bring more longevity to the product is GM/Agent mode.

Good luck aholbert32 on making the greatest game that you all can make.
Old 10-15-2019, 10:59 AM   #77
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomitomitomi
That is quite a disingenuous misrepresentation of what Alberto said. The issue is not Khabib being religious but him having political views (that stem from his faith) which go against many modern Western values.

Yeah man. I specifically broke down the pros and cons of why Khabib should or shouldn’t be the cover boy and that’s what he got out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 10-15-2019, 10:59 AM   #78
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoney24
Israel Adesanya is an upcoming megastar. Tony Ferguson definitely has his followers but also he could completely derail Khabib in their next fight. The risk of not having multiple stars is always going to be there because of one punch can change everything. I think EA should have a few fighters on the cover. We can choose our favorite for the cover and a title screen/or background. Amanda Nunes definitely deserves a shot at being the next women's cover athlete.

I'm all about this next iteration of the sport. A DLC that could be added on to bring more longevity to the product is GM/Agent mode.

Good luck aholbert32 on making the greatest game that you all can make.

Thanks man. I won’t have much to do with it but I think the team is on a good path when it comes to the next game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 10-18-2019, 04:13 AM   #79
MVP

The dude on the cover of EA Madden just dislocated his knee ...

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »