Home

Poll: What Should Be Done About Leg Kicks?

This is a discussion on Poll: What Should Be Done About Leg Kicks? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What should be done about leg kicks in UFC 4?
Not A Priority! Keep The Same as UFC 3 4 25.00%
Major Overhaul Needed (Please Explain!) 1 6.25%
Minor Tweaks Needed (Please Explain!) 11 68.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-18-2019, 02:51 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Poll: What Should Be Done About Leg Kicks?

I wouldn't really call it a priority considering the state that something like the clinch is in.
Old 09-18-2019, 02:56 PM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomitomitomi
I wouldn't really call it a priority considering the state that something like the clinch is in.
You mean the leg kicks? I think potential leg kick improvements would be more in the way of tuning, rather than complete overhaul. It's about the effects they have on the opponent for me, and I guess check controls. I don't see why they can't do that while still overhauling grappling and clinching.
Old 09-18-2019, 03:46 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Ground game and footwork need the most improvements

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2019, 04:44 PM   #12
Pro

I voted “minor tweaks needed”. There are two main things I want to see:

1. A)They should be harder to check. I think players should have to press a button (A for left leg, B for right leg) while low blocking to check a leg kick. Checking should require more skill.

B) A fighter’s ability to check leg kicks should be reflected by a stat of some sort. Jose Aldo would have a very high stat. Nick Diaz may not.

2. Leg health should be substantially more important. Some fighters clearly have tougher legs than others. Nate Diaz, despite having a low “leg kick check” stat, would have a very high “leg health” stat. Yoel Romero would have an astronomically high leg health stat.
Old 09-18-2019, 05:20 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
You mean the leg kicks? I think potential leg kick improvements would be more in the way of tuning, rather than complete overhaul. It's about the effects they have on the opponent for me, and I guess check controls. I don't see why they can't do that while still overhauling grappling and clinching.
UFC 3 marginally changed grappling from UFC 2 as the focus was on the striking system. Of course it would be cool if they fine-tuned them but as I said there are lots of gameplay elements that I think "need" (as the poll suggests) to be improved on before leg kicks.

I'm looking at this poll from the perspective of whether leg kicks are one of the top priorities that needs to be changed and I do not think they are.
Old 09-18-2019, 05:31 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
UFC 3 marginally changed grappling from UFC 2 as the focus was on the striking system. Of course it would be cool if they fine-tuned them but as I said there are lots of gameplay elements that I think "need" (as the poll suggests) to be improved on before leg kicks.

I'm looking at this poll from the perspective of whether leg kicks are one of the top priorities that needs to be changed and I do not think they are.
Agreed. A simple lunging jab unblocked guarantees a free leg kick

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 09-18-2019, 08:52 PM   #15
Banned

I want more variations. The biggest problem I have or had with UFC 3 was longlivity. All strikes look the same and just a couple strikes have variations.

I remember UFC 2s leg kicks there were like 3-4 versions of them. People freaked out when they got that Barboza leg kick card in UT in UFC 2. lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2019, 09:38 AM   #16
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

TKOs should be rare, it seems like they lowered them later on. But movement and power from that leg should lessen instead of having those crazy knock downs sometimes. I wouldn’t mind some sort of Lawler vs Manhoef reaction once it gets to the point of being close to a TKO. There’s other animations they should likely use other than that one where it looks like the fighter’s been hit by a shotgun to the knee. It’s funny but a little dramatic lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »