Home

Is it too easy to get rocked?

This is a discussion on Is it too easy to get rocked? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Are stuns too common?
Yes 17 73.91%
No 6 26.09%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-27-2019, 01:55 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Is it too easy to get rocked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc60
I think it's generally because people aren't good at defense. Just moving toward your opponent when they strike greatly increases the chances of being rocked. People will also keep throwing even if it's obvious they won't win the exchange, they just want to finish their combo.

Most of the rockfests are when both fighters already have very low head health. I'm sure everyone has been there, you have already suffered a lot of head damage and you're trying to hang in there but every punch rocks you at that point and you're close to being KOed.

Not to mention near the end of the fight when stamina is low, it is a lot easier to rock each other and harder to finish. If you and our opponent are constantly rocking each other in the first round with high head health, you're probably not being very defensive.

Imagine how someone will play with $50 on the line vs how someone will play in ranked vs how someone will play in quick fight. 3 different levels of personal investment in the outcome.

If you're playing like you know you'll lose money if you lose, you will seriously start figuring out ways to outland your opponent while minimizing damage.

If each ranked fight you won you got $5 and each you lost you lost $5 we would see a lot less rocks and a lot more decisions.
It can happen even when it's one-sided man. I've done everything right in real-life/sport terms, I've hit them clean, I've rocked them, I've dropped them multiple times, all that in the 1st and 2nd and they're still very much in it, let alone the ref intervening and stopping it. Like I said, I've done everything right from a realism perspective: accurate clean strikes that rock and drop, many of them. Those should end a fight. But in the game you gotta do it right from a game perspective: block break "correctly", hit them with something they lean into, play the "right" way to get results.
Old 09-27-2019, 01:55 PM   #18
Banned

Bring back the damage from the beta. If you got clipped it was over and that's how it should be. All it takes irl is one moment of being hurt to be finished. Another thing we need is doctor stoppages. Lack of this adds to to the inconsistency in rocks.
Old 09-27-2019, 03:56 PM   #19
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
Bring back the damage from the beta. If you got clipped it was over and that's how it should be. All it takes irl is one moment of being hurt to be finished. Another thing we need is doctor stoppages. Lack of this adds to to the inconsistency in rocks.
I wouldn't say that exactly...it shouldn't always be over once you get clipped, but the alert knockdowns, finish the fight knockdowns and ko's in general just need to happen a bit quicker than they currently do if guys are getting caught numerous times in a round. If you're getting hurt from eating big shots, instead of getting rocked so many times, you'd just be knocked down in the finish the fight state quicker. What you're saying is true yes, but that should be more so with the heavier divisions. And it should definitely be reflected the highest at HW.

Last edited by WarMMA; 09-27-2019 at 04:01 PM.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:48 PM   #20
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
And that’s because we arent as good at defending as fighters are in real life. Also range /tracking is kinda messed up in the game.

We also don’t have very many defensive options which is the real issue. Footwork should be better and blocking is sometimes not as responsive as it could be. We need more defensive options and without all the gimmicky counter strike and freezing of opponents like we’ve had before.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-28-2019, 12:24 AM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
We also don’t have very many defensive options which is the real issue. Footwork should be better and blocking is sometimes not as responsive as it could be. We need more defensive options and without all the gimmicky counter strike and freezing of opponents like we’ve had before.

I disagree with that

We have blocking, head movement, footwork, lunges , stiff arm retreat, and double legs / clinches are great for defensive purposes.

But how many people are utilizing all of the tools?

I do agree the responsiveness can be a bit of an issue especially with lunges.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2019, 12:48 AM   #22
MVP

Quote:
I disagree with that

We have blocking, head movement, footwork, lunges , stiff arm retreat, and double legs / clinches are great for defensive purposes.

I need some advice on striking. I'll upload 2 videos of me being destroyed by superior strikers tomorrow, one in quick fight and another in ranked. I use most of the tools but I feel like my striking is not up to par either way.

Some tips on what to do would be appreciated. I have started spamming hooks and my win/loss ratio skyrocketed but when I try to play defensively I lose 7/10x.
Old 09-28-2019, 01:40 AM   #23
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

I don't think a lot of people utilize the tools available to them in game, and are quick to place everything on block breakers and yada yada.

I rarely see anybody utilizing the minor lunges, the major back lunges when rocked to get out of range, or conversely using side step counters, back lunge straight, block counters etc etc.

Heck, even simple circling does wonders, just ask Advaita_X.

If I fight somebody who's a scrub and has defensive holes all over the place I will generally get one to at most three rocks before finishing the fight. Sometimes I'll just break a dude down with no rocks until the final round and that first KD will be the last.

Styles also have a lot to do with things, and some people simply aren't capable of making reads and capitalizing on their opponents when the opportunity arises.

I think what gets guys rocked too soon, is that they either overcommit/rely on a specific strike or string of combinations and expect not to get hit.

I can't rely on forcing rocks which were easier then than now, and I prefer it to be that way.
Old 09-28-2019, 01:40 AM   #24
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Quote:
I disagree with that

You’re dead if you use head movement for defensive purposes only, it’s not built to just be a defensive mechanic. It’s made to trigger a slower attack animation from the opponent so you can counter strike in this game, which in turn makes it too easy to rock someone. Footwork has been handicapped in 3. They took away the back step and you can’t use footwork to even avoid a body kick you see coming a mile away.

My biggest grip is, it’s easy to get rocked in this game because it’s too easy to get clean hits in this game, and a lot of it has to do with how things are animated in this game. It doesn’t matter how good you are, you’re going to throw 300 strikes in a 3 rounder at each other and you’re both going to land more than half of them most times. Animations get locked in so early within these frames for striking, you have to input every head movement action or block before they input their attack, instead of judging and basing it off real time.

FNC does not feel like this, it’s much more free flowing and aside from those same counter punch mechanics, it does not feel so heavily relied on animations just locking in to give a somewhat scripted outcome.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »