Home

Is it too easy to get rocked?

This is a discussion on Is it too easy to get rocked? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Are stuns too common?
Yes 17 73.91%
No 6 26.09%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2019, 02:14 PM   #65
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is it too easy to get rocked?

You're not using critical thinking or reading comprehension at all. I have explained myself more than adequately. And in no way whatsoever was I being hyperbolic.

It's also funny because I intentially tried to get this thread back on track, yet you guys would rather argue with me about "cheeze".

My eyes are starting to hurt from rolling so far back into my skull.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports

Last edited by Haz____; 10-01-2019 at 02:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2019, 02:23 PM   #66
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
You on ps4 king? Bet I can clinch **** you all day.

You're not using critical thinking or reading, or reading comprehension at all. I have explained myself more than
Yep, PS4. I don't have my PS Plus subscription on at the moment, however, so you'll have to wait. Even if you were to "clinch ****" me, however, that would be due to my poor defending of the mechanic. It doesn't invalidate what I said: it is a basic mechanic and you won't be catching competent players at will with it unless you're a very good player yourself.
Old 10-01-2019, 02:27 PM   #67
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

I edited my post cuz I felt like I was coming off too aggressively calling you out. My bad for that. Shoot me a msg anytime though and we can play a few games. Either for fun or whatever. Respect whether we disagree or not.

Old 10-01-2019, 02:28 PM   #68
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
As far as stuns/rocks go...

I think it's been shown by a bunch of people, with photos, with videos, that unless you're Romero or some other ultra amazing top top top actually best in the world player, it's super normal to get 5+ rocks a fight.

Do the mechanics work from a gameplay perspective mechanically.
-Yes.

Does it make for good gameplay?
-That's subjective.

Is it realistic?
-No.

Lets get this thread back on track.

Old 10-01-2019, 02:32 PM   #69
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
Posting about the things you find important during the development stages of an upcoming game, in a forum made for that purpose. What a strange notion, huh?
Its not strange and it can be helpful as long as the complaints/suggestions are targeted.

For example given that the game will likely be released next year, if your suggestions are "I want a new striking (or clinch) (or grappling) system" we are probably past that point. The team has likely already made a decision regarding what direction they are going to go with this.

If your suggestion is I want to "increase the stopping power of straights", thats something that they can still consider and add.

I think targeted suggestions are the best approach to take going forward.
Old 10-01-2019, 02:33 PM   #70
Pro

Quote:
You guys are so funny. You literally have me laughing out loud right now. Not only did I AGREE with Philly's suggestion about using the clinch, but I posted about how I myself use this tactic and find great success with it.

But because I used the word "cheeze", because I am actually honest with myself, and it is cheezy af, you'll still start up an arguememt with me anyway.

*eye roll*

Yes MMA is about taking the fight where the opponent is weakest. But real MMA is infinitly more dynamic with far far far more possibilities.

Within the very limited framework the games mechanics function in, you have to do extremely specific defensive actions to break out of the clinch. Things that the game does not tell you. And lets be honest, the average player has not invested the time and practice into mastering. If you don't aknowledge the arcane nature of maaaaany of UFC 3s mechancis you're being willfully ignorant. The fact I can clinch someone and basically steal the entire fight from them, in what is basically an entirely separate game within the game, IS cheezy af. Lets just be honest with ourselves.

Do I do it. Yes.

Is it cheezy. Yes.

I know my clinch, and I don't find it cheezy when people clinch me. I've fought Romero a few times and hes tried to clinch **** me, but I know how to defend it, I escaped, and he knocked me the **** out with just his purely superior skill. No cheeze necessary at all. lol

The fact is you can totally steal fights by just clinch ****ing people, using mechanics these people just don't fully grasp, using basically a mini game to steal the fight.

I use it. But it can definitely be cheeze af. Just be honest about it. It is what it is.
I'm glad to have such a positive contribution to your life.

Nobody is arguing with you about whether clinch is effective but rather we are ridiculing the notion that clinching someone who doesn't bother learning basic controls is "cheeze". It's something you can learn in one minute and after that you never lose against again.

On a side note, cheese (spelled with an s btw) is a high-risk/high-reward tactic which relies on the opponent not expecting it for it to work and usually is very easy to shut down if the opponent knows it's coming. Your clinch complaint relies entirely on the opponent not knowing basic controls and really stops working the second you enter ranked play.

Quote:
And if the attacker does get the Thai Clinch after all, they have a 50/50 chance of defending correctly,
I'd say this isn't even true because in clinch most people prioritize blocking knees. Also, you don't actually need PS Plus to play online. At least I have one alternative account that doesn't have one.
Old 10-01-2019, 02:41 PM   #71
Banned

For the sake of getting this thread back on topic im going to post some quickfights trying to counter/fight on the outside

I havent played seriously in months so I am super rusty. This fight video is actually a great example since the very first guy I fought was nonstop pressure.

Went 1-1. I was pretty bad. Couldnt even consistently throw my front kick or time my slip straight. Also literally forgot how to initiate over/unders lol.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/488757188

Just want y’all to see me at my low as well. I have to deal with the same nonstop pressure at times. I’ll post more videos as I get better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2019, 02:47 PM   #72
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomitomitomi
I'm glad to have such a positive contribution to your life.

Nobody is arguing with you about whether clinch is effective but rather we are ridiculing the notion that clinching someone who doesn't bother learning basic controls is "cheeze". It's something you can learn in one minute and after that you never lose against again.

On a side note, cheese (spelled with an s btw) is a high-risk/high-reward tactic which relies on the opponent not expecting it for it to work and usually is very easy to shut down if the opponent knows it's coming. Your clinch complaint relies entirely on the opponent not knowing basic controls and really stops working the second you enter ranked play.

I'd say this isn't even true because in clinch most people prioritize blocking knees. Also, you don't actually need PS Plus to play online. At least I have one alternative account that doesn't have one.
@tomi Every time I press Ranked/Quick Fight it takes me to the PS Plus page. I could try again. Edit: I did, didn't work. You can probably play because your other account on the console has PS Plus and that's all that matters.

@aholbert yeah, you're right, they probably are past that point. As for the more specific suggestions, I think others have addressed what I also feel should change: things like magnetic strikes and auto range fixing. I've also addressed the pointless whip clinch and the not damaging enough upkicks, as well as more clinch damage from clinch experts. I've made specific tuning suggestions on leg kicks, as well as specific suggestions on TKOs and damage. Hopefully something sticks. I could try to give more specific suggestions in the case they have chosen to follow a path similar to what I'd like, but I don't know if they have. I do agree that I post about revamped damage/stam quite a lot, I absolutely do. But yeah, they've definitely seen that a million times already and they've either liked it already or didn't.

Last edited by Kingslayer04; 10-01-2019 at 03:14 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »