Home

UFC 4 CAF options

This is a discussion on UFC 4 CAF options within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2019, 10:02 AM   #17
The One

EmazingErik's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: UFC 4 CAF options

Just copy WWE 2K18's create a superstar, super flexible. You can upload designs or faces and after that fully edit face parts and body parts to really nail down the details you wanna achieve. Not only can you upload photos for your face but for your body for tattoos as well, you can get really detailed with it and can spend hours doing that alone. If you haven't seen it yet definitely check it out and lmk what you think because the amount of choices you have in that game with the detail to really customize your character/fighter is insane. WWE's creation suite has always gotten better and better, I suggest this is what should be in all games that have character customization in their games.

www.twitch.tv/emazingerik
Old 10-25-2019, 11:18 AM   #18
Pro

LarsP's Arena

This definitely is one of the most disappointing features of UFC 3, I mean the average sports game 10 years ago had more customization options. \

More body/hair styles and adjustable fight records are a must.
Old 10-25-2019, 02:03 PM   #19
Pro

Kinda what the others said.

The mode wasn't improved on at all since EAUFC and badly needs new content. More choices of attire and a lot of hair options. In the end, even if the faces keep looking the same, hair sets them apart from other CAF's. There were tons of hairs in the game but they weren't selectable. I don't care if the physics are flawed and it doesn't move much. Variation is more important. Slight body type variations are also welcome.

I'm not expecting a WWE-type customisation but if you're going to have it feature that awful browserbased EA Gameface, at least make it functional. It never worked for me. I followed the instructions to the letter and got alien heads. Or give us some templates to load or let us enjoy other people's work.

Last edited by Blackman316; 10-25-2019 at 02:05 PM.
Old 10-25-2019, 04:59 PM   #20
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

So my roomate is a huge wrestling head. He films for the local indy promotions and edits all their promo videos and what not. Him being so into it has sort of sparked my interest for wrestling again, growing up in the attitude era.

Lately we've been playing a lot of Smackdown 2 for Ps1, and No Mercy on N64.

Now as much nostalgia as I have for the attitude era wrestlers, I'm also a big nerd for making CAFs/CAWs. I spent more hours than I'd like to admit in these past few weeks making wrestlers in both games.

There was a point when making a wrestler in Smackdown 2 on PS1 where I literally started laughing out loud. I was selecting a hair style for my fighter and there was literally like 100 different options. Then you could choose the bangs/front of hair, AND the back of their hair length and style also. Just unreal. It actually made me laugh thinking about how terrible it is in UFC 3, and how a ps1 game that is 19 years old completely blows this next next next gen game completely out of the water. Smackdown 2s creation editor isn't even that great compared to other wrestling games, and its STILL just in a completely different league all together than EA UFC.

In both games honestly, im not even exaggerating, there are literally 100+ options for bodys, hair styles, etc. It's really insane.

I get that making assets for modern systems is more complex than making assets for a ps1 game, but the CAF editor in EA UFC is comparatively so BARE BONES it feels like they arent even trying at all.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports

Last edited by Haz____; 10-25-2019 at 09:35 PM.
Old 11-20-2019, 06:08 PM   #21
Rookie

I really hope that in the next UFC 4 they will add much more space to save the fighters created by the users of this game, 22 spaces is very little, it is something that costs them nothing to increase and would help us a lot to the lovers of the edition, There are games where you can create thousands of characters, for example, the AO International Tennis has triumphed as a game for the freedom that is given to the fans of that game, where you can create thousands of tennis players, complexes with their tracks and others, and in UFC It only has 22 fighters with the amount of weight categories that this game has, thereby closing many possibilities for anyone who wants to create fictitious championships leagues, or fill in these editions the lists of fighters that this game for reasons of not have a license on them or any problem that prevents their presence
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2019, 02:44 AM   #22
Rookie

Build Upon The Striking, don’t remove
there's no reason to drop anything so instead EA needs only build upon this.
With more moves to throw, martial arts to pick from and unique fighter stances to play around with.
There's a decent variety of kicks and jabs, but any person who practices the sport will tell you there's a whole lot more that can be packaged in.
With some new additions, players can cater their fighter's stand up even more to how they wish to approach a fight and also give them the opportunity to test their mettle against an even larger range of styles coming at them.
UFC 3 only allows you to make a measly 22 characters. That's enough for a single event or two characters per weight class. When sports titles such as NHL 19 allowed you to make 666 players, or Madden gave you a staggering 3135 slots to fill at the last count, it makes UFC 3 feel like a downright Scrooge.
It would cost nothing to bump the number up to say, 150, though it's confusing as to why a limit is introduced at all in these games beyond memory issues. A superior, more varied character creator can lengthen the lifespan of the game as people conjure up their own fantasy leagues, and keeps the community fresh with ideas in UFC 4.
With that said, there is just a gigantic amount of material in EA's UFC series that is shockingly absent doctor stoppages, injuries, corner stoppages, draws. There are so many ways a fight can end that are nowhere to be found that add just a hint of realism and an extra sense of tension.
The rush of emotions and panic when the doctor is called in, and you hope and pray enough Vaseline can be smeared across your forehead to close a cut is palpable.
Having an epic duel that ends in a draw only to have to rematch once both your hands are raised is also sorely missed. The best you'll find is a rare majority decision win.
Every ground strike TKO having an opponent go limp, after a punch that wouldn't floor housefly, also needs to be upgraded to allow TKOs on conscious opponents who are not defending themselves intelligently.
Not to mention the lack of a Pride mode, where players can fight in a traditional boxing ring with fewer rules, which would toss in some variety to what we see on screen. After all, there's only so much you can do with an identical Octagon that has a different arena name sketched onto it each fight.
You could also use the boxing ring to play with the rules authentic of boxing and muay thai, that would be great, without abandoning the fight standing, and that all these types of fighting can be carried out in tournament mode, event mode and fight now.
I also look forward to the 2 new categories of female weight (featherweight and flyweight).
On the issue of creation and editing I also expect many more types of hairstyles, more styles, longer, loose hair, curly hair with large or small mane, especially in women who have less than men when they have more possibilities, more variety of hair colors, wicks in the hair, more variety of tattoos, more body types as in women so there are 4 different.
Which in an accurate blow you can see the mouth guard fly through the air.
UFC 2’s Knockout system was glorious and unpredictable, but far too weightless as bodies could be launched across the cage like a four-limbed pillow.
UFC 3’s on the other hand, is much too rigid and animation based to allow for rare moments to blossom as you get used to seeing the same tepid animations play out.
The knockdown system was a stroke of genius to heighten the excitement as a foe hits the mat without wonky rag-dolling getting in the way. However, when the final blow falls, there's a loss of satisfaction as your opponent lands on one knee and keels over the same as the last three guys whose consciousness you separated from their brain.
UFC 4 needs to find the right balance of animation to take into account human reactions with the endlessly enjoyable ragdoll physics of seeing someone completely enter the shadow realm.
The UFC community loves a good knockout compilation to the point entire YouTube channels are dedicated to them. A robust KO system that makes every fight ending sequence feel special and unique would be more exhilarating for players to create lasting memories, and allow the game to be praised and shared that much longer
It’s no secret that the weak link of UFC 3’s gameplay was when it hit the mat.
When all is said and done, it boils down to who has more stamina and who has higher grappling stats to determine the winner. If you're a striker that finds themselves against a high caliber grappler, you can pretty much kiss the fight goodbye the second you're double legged to the canvas and don't ace your takedown defense.
Going back to the undisputed era of UFC games, you could find a plethora of tactics to give everyone a chance of finding routes to gain the advantage. Swaying your body to avoid strikes, twisting your frame to escape a bad position through various controller inputs and a multitude of ways to reverse a position were all present.
EA's UFC has players hold a stick in one direction and pray the opponent doesn't notice in time that you have. It makes the player on the bottom feel totally helpless as they are peppered with strikes while the opponent on top simply waits for them to choose which way they are going, and block them in an evil game of rock-paper-scissors.
In UFC 4 a style of grappling game-play that matches the brilliant stand-up is what gamers need. One where skill is what wins the fight more than simply who’s got the better stats.
I also hope Spanish-speaking comments come back.
Old 11-22-2019, 06:25 PM   #23
Rookie

Swaying should be faster and far less tiring on each fighters' stamina. Make leg damage able to regenerate
Old 11-23-2019, 03:54 AM   #24
Banned

Folks on this forum are ridiculous, the gameplay balance is so out of wreck in UFC 3, and the only thngs people here care about in UFC 4 are "new tattoos", "new hairstyle" "new taunt"

Jesus chris, no wonder this game got a 3/10 on metacrtic user review, a game's update quality is as good as it's audience.

For UFC 4, I hope the lead designer will be someone component and take strike/graplling balance as priroity. and got rid of this idiophycis system that makes control feel like wrestle the wheel of a freight truck.

One thing is for sure I won't be buying UFC4 if Geoff is in the design roll

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »