Home

Hey guys im just wondering will there be new ufc ea ranked system

This is a discussion on Hey guys im just wondering will there be new ufc ea ranked system within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2019, 05:50 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Hey guys im just wondering will there be new ufc ea ranked system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
I'm a big fan of incentivising picking fighters at Random. I really hope there's a big bonus for picking a fighter at random and sticking with them. Perhaps even a Random Fighter online tournament too.
maybe options to play B fighters vs. B, C vs C etc with related reward system

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-16-2019, 09:39 PM   #10
Banned

Need to see how we earned all the points like in ufc 2 and like ultimate team
Old 10-17-2019, 12:46 PM   #11
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomitomitomi
It's a cool idea but those values are way off. The way matchmaking should work is that it gives you a roughly equal opponent, meaning your win percentage should be roughly 50% and winning 70/100 is actually an amazing winrate. There is also the in-game issue where the in-game grades do not match their power level. For example, Stipe is an A+ in-game but I wouldn't consider him one of the best heavyweights in the game. Paulo Costa is opposite of that.
Good point, my numbers didn't really take into account matchmaking tiers as much as it should have.

I really like the idea of a major bonus for choosing a Random fighter! Not only would you get more points if s/he is low-ranked (and opponent is high rank), but also a little somethin somethin on the side for having the balls to throw caution to the wind and take what fate gives ya lol

and yes would love to see a point-by-point breakdown after each fight to see why you earned (or lost) points
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2019, 01:28 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
Good point, my numbers didn't really take into account matchmaking tiers as much as it should have.

I really like the idea of a major bonus for choosing a Random fighter! Not only would you get more points if s/he is low-ranked (and opponent is high rank), but also a little somethin somethin on the side for having the balls to throw caution to the wind and take what fate gives ya lol

and yes would love to see a point-by-point breakdown after each fight to see why you earned (or lost) points
Oh yes, major bonus for choosing a random fighter would be great (and legitimate) !!!!!
Old 10-18-2019, 02:59 PM   #13
Pro

I would love to see a better tier system. Maybe with more tiers, say 10 or so. The tier system is all out of wack right now. Matt Hughes and GSP are both the same tier, which shouldn’t be the case. Chael Sonnen and Sam Alvey are both C tier, even though Sonnen’s stats are better than most A tiers.

Also, what happened to the Bonus fighters? It still shows 5 fighters each day, but there’s no point reward for using them? What’s the point of even having them?

Oh and what’s up with the Fighternet? Why can’t we access that by clicking someone’s name directly? It should be accessible through the leaderboards or fight history. Why do we have to add them as a friend first to see their fighternet?

Oh and can we just do away with DNF? If someone pauses the game then clicks “forfeit”... why can’t it just be a forfeit? Make an animation of them giving up, dock/reward a few extra points, and be done with it. The “connection has been lost” is such an unnecessary thing that makes it feel like your opponent is trying to do you dirty. Quitting is a perfectly acceptable way to lose in a game where the goal is to make your opponent quit. If it happens on the ground, it’s a submission. If it happens on the feet, it’s a forfeit. Simple enough. Unless they actually turn their Xbox off... then yeah, that should be a DNF with extra points loss. But just pause > forfeit? Who the hell cares, that should be a normal way for fights to end.
Old 10-22-2019, 05:01 PM   #14
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Good Grappler brings up some good points for sure.

Another small add that could make things a lot of fun --- Fighter Specific leaderboards! Or to put it more broadly, a dynamic leaderboard display system that allows you to filter, sort, search, etc. --- think of basic Excel-level data functions.

Who is the King of the Sam Alvey Leaderboard???

Who has the most % of their wins coming by Submission in Division 5 and higher?

Who has the longest active winning streak?

Who has the best takedown %? Best TDD? Being able to quickly sort & rank these stats would be fun.

I'm a self-admitted leaderboard (and data) whore, so maybe this doesn't have as much appeal to others as it does to me lol

But most (if not all) of the data is already generated in-game...just need to capture and display it with an intuitive tool.

Might take a dozen programming hours and a few new graphics, but it'd be a whole new level of leaderboards/FighterNet, and a worthy investment in my opinion!

Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

Old 10-23-2019, 01:41 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
Good Grappler brings up some good points for sure.

Another small add that could make things a lot of fun --- Fighter Specific leaderboards! Or to put it more broadly, a dynamic leaderboard display system that allows you to filter, sort, search, etc. --- think of basic Excel-level data functions.

Who is the King of the Sam Alvey Leaderboard???

Who has the most % of their wins coming by Submission in Division 5 and higher?

Who has the longest active winning streak?

Who has the best takedown %? Best TDD? Being able to quickly sort & rank these stats would be fun.

I'm a self-admitted leaderboard (and data) whore, so maybe this doesn't have as much appeal to others as it does to me lol

But most (if not all) of the data is already generated in-game...just need to capture and display it with an intuitive tool.

Might take a dozen programming hours and a few new graphics, but it'd be a whole new level of leaderboards/FighterNet, and a worthy investment in my opinion!

Fighter specific leaderboard is a very good point
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2019, 05:52 PM   #16
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

haha thanks --- I swear, if there were fighter-specific leaderboards, I'd probably not even chase Top 100 ranking on the Overall leaderboard.... I'd just try to be the #1 Dan Henderson lol

Speaking of old man Hendo......I hope they add many more 'legend' versions of fighters that have retired in the past few years. If they simply get rid of Hendo b/c he retired a few years ago I'll be pissed.............
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »