Home

Do we think 4 will be announced at 244?

This is a discussion on Do we think 4 will be announced at 244? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2019, 04:39 PM   #73
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Do we think 4 will be announced at 244?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
Whoa, first 7 months now?
Its an educated guess. We know a few things:

- EA releases a UFC game every 2 yrs or so.
- EA is not likely to release UFC during late July - October to avoid stepping on the Madden, Live, NHL and Fifa releases.
- EA has released UFC games in January, March and June.

So that means its likely that January to early July will be when the game is released. Unless they decide to just wait for the PS5 and release at the end of the year.
Old 11-05-2019, 04:46 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Thats kind of Tomi's point. If the devs came here and said that the new game has "DYNAMIC KNOCKOUTS" and "BRAND NEW UFC INTERACTIVE GRAPPLING SYSTEM"....that tells you nothing.

It doesnt mean that you will like the changes. It doesnt even tell you what the changes are. The "new grappling" could be a sim players dream with a ton of depth or it could be a simplified version that people will hate. "Dynamic" is just an adjective that could be taken to mean lots of things.

I get it. Its hard to be patient. **** even for me. I know a good amount about the next game but many of the things I care about (offline modes, roster, release date), I have no idea about.

With that said, the game could be released any time in the first 7 mos of 2020 so getting information this early isnt necessary unless EA plans to release the game in Jan/Feb. Each day that passes with out info that becomes less likely.
If they came in here and told us that, I would still s*** all over myself.
Been waiting for news for a while now, and would just be awesome to have a CONFIRMED idea of what to expect. I know that of course won't happen though, and that's fine.
Old 11-05-2019, 04:49 PM   #75
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAttack33
Been waiting for news for a while now, and would just be awesome to have a CONFIRMED idea of what to expect. I know that of course won't happen though, and that's fine.
I personally don't want to see you s*** all over yourself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2019, 04:50 PM   #76
MVP

Quote:
Its an educated guess. We know a few things:

- EA releases a UFC game every 2 yrs or so.
- EA is not likely to release UFC during late July - October to avoid stepping on the Madden, Live, NHL and Fifa releases.
- EA has released UFC games in January, March and June.

So that means its likely that January to early July will be when the game is released. Unless they decide to just wait for the PS5 and release at the end of the year.
Yeah, I guess you just outlined the entire timeframe in which the game could drop, which doesn't mean it would actually take that long, it's just possible. I do hope they don't wait until PS5 though. Is that even possible, aren't they developing it on a PS4/XONE currently?
Old 11-05-2019, 04:52 PM   #77
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
I personally don't want to see you s*** all over yourself.
But you just may have to make me do it anyway though am I right?
Old 11-05-2019, 05:02 PM   #78
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAttack33
Really? That would be the worst thing for me. They arent telling me a thing. I cant even assume that those are good things. "New Interactive Grappling System"? That could be awesome. It also could be a big pile of **** that undoes all of the good things about the current system and only keeps the negatives.

I guess I want more than that. Something that confirms and justifies my excitement.
Old 11-05-2019, 05:12 PM   #79
Banned

Quote:
Really? That would be the worst thing for me. They arent telling me a thing. I cant even assume that those are good things. "New Interactive Grappling System"? That could be awesome. It also could be a big pile of **** that undoes all of the good things about the current system and only keeps the negatives.

I guess I want more than that. Something that confirms and justifies my excitement.
Yeah, ideally that would be great. Dare I say, I think I have enough trust in the devs to not completely screw up the ground game though. If they did a revamp, I would not assume they screwed it up. I would assume they would only do a revamp if they knew they could make a better system, or at least attempt to, and that's all I really expect.
Old 11-05-2019, 05:19 PM   #80
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
You're trying to kill some people on this board aren't you

Quote:
"New Interactive Grappling System"? That could be awesome. It also could be a big pile of **** that undoes all of the good things about the current system and only keeps the negatives.
Really hope any new major systems are playtested to death to minimize this.

Of course, a 2-week Open Beta, 2 months prior to launch, would be ideal to try and work out the kinks and identify cheeze tactics ....

I know the game won't be balanced perfectly at launch, but really hope we won't have to wait for a few patches & half dozen tuners to make it competitive and fair online.

Good luck GPD, GCers, and everyone involved, the fate of the MMA Video Gaming World rests on your shoulders --------------- !
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

Last edited by Boiler569; 11-05-2019 at 05:24 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »