Home

What things can be done in ufc 4 that would cost little or no money to make the game

This is a discussion on What things can be done in ufc 4 that would cost little or no money to make the game within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2019, 11:41 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
What things can be done in ufc 4 that would cost little or no money to make the game

For me its practice options like practice by position and showing frame data on screen (peak vulnerability points intercept points practice by position grapple recorder) and changes to certain strikes (check hooks make nates slap a check hook) and adding shuffle step (I recall aholbert saying it wouldnt cost alot of time or money I could be wrong I often am)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2019, 12:33 PM   #2
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Re: What things can be done in ufc 4 that would cost little or no money to make the g

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
For me its practice options like practice by position and showing frame data on screen (peak vulnerability points intercept points practice by position grapple recorder) and changes to certain strikes (check hooks make nates slap a check hook) and adding shuffle step (I recall aholbert saying it wouldnt cost alot of time or money I could be wrong I often am)
Those features would all cost a lot of money.

(FYI everything costs money)
Old 10-31-2019, 12:39 PM   #3
Banned

Re: What things can be done in ufc 4 that would cost little or no money to make the g

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC

Well if we could at least get the practice options and shuffle step even just the practice options I would be a happy man. I dont want any secret timings. I want data I can look at. Basically I want the stuff that you see when your making the game. Like when you posted that gif of the rock meta with all the meters. I'd love to see it in practice mode. I know nothing is free. That's why I pay 100$ at launch for the games i buy for the collectors edition. I am beyond grateful though that you released the frame data. I just dont want training stuff to be left entirely on the community this time around. Tha I you for taking time out of your very busy day to respond. What tools am I asking for would be the cheapest and most likely. My best example of this would be mortal kombats training options. Granted they have an entire team and studio devoted to one game. But I truly love this game and martial arts and i want the tools to be there for someone with the drive to improve.
Old 10-31-2019, 12:42 PM   #4
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
I've said a lot of things but I'm not sure about this one. They would still have to mocap the shuffle step movement (they could maybe piggy back this mocap off of another mocap session), map the shuffle step to the controls, change the AI so that it used the shuffle step and probably a few things I dont know about it.

So it would cost time and money.
Old 10-31-2019, 12:51 PM   #5
Rookie

title mode
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2019, 01:53 PM   #6
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

I recently posted this but want to give it another go --- I think a revamp of the leaderboard system would give a big bang for the buck.

i.e. Ability to filter/sort/search leaderboards, and more stats to view

Who is the Best Sam Alvey?

Who has the most Submissions in Division 7?

Who has the best Takedown Defense %

etc. etc.

Essentially --- an expansion upon FighterNet stats combined with a revamp of the leaderboard display.

Just about all of these metrics are already being captured (i.e. ranked leaderboard shows who your most used fighter is) --- I'm sure it'd only take a little bit of work on the database, and a couple new graphical interfaces, and leaderboard system would be extremely cool.

Not that this alone would make UFC 4 the Best Game Ever lol but I think the Cost vs. Reward is appealing.

Would also like to see the leaderboard score calculation revamped a bit. Give more points to those using low-rated fighters, or choose Random at the selection screen, for example. If I go .500 in Division 6 as Sam Alvey....well...I should probably be promoted to Division 7 and be top 50 in the world right?? lol

A couple of these tweaks could really prolong the Fun Factor of online matches
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

Last edited by Boiler569; 10-31-2019 at 01:56 PM.
Old 10-31-2019, 08:47 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC

How much would it cost? Just curious.
Old 11-01-2019, 01:51 AM   #8
MVP

Getting rid of the displayed win/loss records in non ranked fights.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by Evil97; 11-01-2019 at 10:00 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »