Home

Is faking transitions still going to be a thing in UFC 4?

This is a discussion on Is faking transitions still going to be a thing in UFC 4? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2019, 01:09 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Is faking transitions still going to be a thing in UFC 4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
I really hope fakes/feints are a much larger part of UFC 4 ... especially clinch/ground.

Hard to say what that would look like of course But the more options, the better, whether that means Minor vs. Major transitions (EA MMA style); Improved "Strike to Pass, Pass to Strike" mechanics; more efficient fakes/counters/sweeps ---- or hopefully all of the above!
I think they are already a huge part in the clinch and on the ground. The way it is, IMO, a bit silly. It’s not a good representation of what you watch in real life MMA to me.
Old 11-05-2019, 01:14 PM   #10
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryangil23
I think they are already a huge part in the clinch and on the ground. The way it is, IMO, a bit silly. It’s not a good representation of what you watch in real life MMA to me.
Good point and I agree. Some fakes are definitely useful right now, but even if they are effective, they usually look pretty cheezy. Smoother & more effective fakes --- with the right balance of risk and reward --- definitely would add a dynamic feel to the ground game (whether it's an all-new ground game, or an improvement of the system we currently have).

Also, I feel that there are a lot of positions that don't have fakes at all, that could really benefit from them.

Minor Transitions vs. Major Transitions vs. Ground n Pound vs. Submission Attempts vs. Fakes ----- all of those options should be available and legitimate in (nearly) every position (depending on your fighter's moves & stats too, of course)
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

Last edited by Boiler569; 11-05-2019 at 01:17 PM.
Old 11-05-2019, 05:52 PM   #11
Banned

I really do not like to bring up older games as example but what UD 3 really did good was the ground game.

I didnt even spend much time on the ground, unless I was trying to get back up to my feet. But the ground movement was such a beauty. The feeling was like ''hey Im down here trapped. I gotta move my *** to the cage otherwise Im F'd.'' The ground game was more alive. You only get that feeling in UFC 3 when you are trapped in a crucifix by Khabib. Game over.

Taking a guy down in the middle of the cage was a huge advantage for the top guy. The cage was very helpful for the bottom guy to get up again. It could be used to get up when you are nearby. That was something I will always admire.

The bottom cage postions submissions or the GnP or the Tko's and Ko's.
The detail of UD 3 man, such a crazy old game did so much right. Respect.

Last edited by That Ragdoll Guy; 11-15-2019 at 08:33 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2019, 06:00 PM   #12
Pro

I would hope they look nothing like the fakes on EA UFC 3
Old 11-05-2019, 09:57 PM   #13
Banned

Here's what you do about fakes. Keep ****ing hitting them! Punch let your stamina refill and punch again! By the time they do transition your great dead grandmother would be able to deny it. Be disciplined about letting your stamina refill. Hammer fists are your best friend when postured down especially to the body! If they get half guard fake happy punch and pre deny.
Old 11-08-2019, 09:30 PM   #14
Pro

The fakes on this game are so absurdly unrealistic. In every way. Visually, it’s the most atrocious thing in the history of MMA gaming. Strategically, it’s got no resemblance to real life MMA. And gameplay-wise it’s just a game-breaker - it’s completely taken over the meta, and it has such an intense sweaty vibe that destroys the immersion.

When I’m grappling, I wanna feel like I’m just chillin and flowing. I don’t wanna feel like some dude with a heavy metal T shirt on, sitting at the edge of his chair barefoot frantically flicking the right stick, angrily screaming at his mom to leave his pizza rolls in the microwave, smelling like a deer carcass. This is basically what EA is forcing us all to become with this transition fake meta.

Last edited by Good Grappler; 11-08-2019 at 09:54 PM.
Old 11-15-2019, 12:20 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Grappler
When I’m grappling, I wanna feel like I’m just chillin and flowing. I don’t wanna feel like some dude with a heavy metal T shirt on, sitting at the edge of his chair barefoot frantically flicking the right stick, angrily screaming at his mom to leave his pizza rolls in the microwave, smelling like a deer carcass. This is basically what EA is forcing us all to become with this transition fake meta.

Chill bro, you didn't have to call out Heem like that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2019, 05:21 AM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKnight21
Chill bro, you didn't have to call out Heem like that

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »