Home

Have you retired from UFC 3?

This is a discussion on Have you retired from UFC 3? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Have You Retired From UFC 3?
No --- I still play Daily 9 14.52%
No --- I still play Weekly 8 12.90%
Yes --- But I stil play here-or-there, non-competitively 26 41.94%
Yes --- I retired months ago 12 19.35%
Yes --- I retired a year or more ago 7 11.29%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-16-2019, 08:03 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Have you retired from UFC 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by straycat113
Like Martial I play consistently until the next game is released. Keeping it real I was seriously bummed out playing the Beta for ufc-3 which may be attributed to UFC-2 being the first video game I played since Pac-Man back in 1977 lol.

I couldn't believe how they totally revamped the striking system for just about every move and it had my fingers playing a game of twister. ufc 2+3 are still the only video games on my Xbox and I have zero interest in another games.

Also it took about a good 7-8 months and probably as many patches to where the game should of been at when it was released, which is why I don't feel a need for another rush job and will be fine with an April to June release as long as the game comes out spot on from the get go. for true die hards the best addition has to be the refreshing of the leader boards and start of a new season.

As for UFC-4 I would be happy if EA put half the input that they did in the striking department into the ground and clinch game (I seriously don't mean by changing the move sets for transitions-denials- reversals and sweeps) as I am certain nobody wants to go through that again but it seems like 90% of the effort was put into the striking mechanics of the game and as far as they go I honestly don't know what die hard strikers (outside of a small handful of issues) could really want as EA did a brilliant job in that department.

With UFC-2 Ultimate Team was just about every players favorite mode at some point and a huge let down for most players especially the elite players with channels. If I didn't come across a player from the UK's YT channel (SJH Sports) I believe a good 7 or 8 months into the game I would still be clueless to how it functioned correctly.

The kicker is that the great thing about UT was creating your own fighters and I can remember clear as a bell the player who got banned near the end of UFC-2's run for figuring out how to incorporate Stephen Struve into the game at LW and then that was the direction EA went full steam with UFC-3 lol. I would much rather just having the fighters you create in UT in UFC-4. Also when grinding for coins or just playing single player mode I think it is a must that you get to take preference of what corner you want. i don't care how good a player someone is, by always having the red corner your brain gets too used to see in all animation from that point of view and it has an effect when you play online. For some guys it can be very minor to bill and for some a big difference. Also it would be great in the practice room to position and record your opponent attempting a sub or reversal, act as well as clinch work.

On that note this game has brought a ton of fun to the house and I am hooked for life !
Good post man. I totally agree about UT and how folks were hacking roster fighters in. It's like EA saw that and determined that's what we wanted, but it was just a lame but slightly cool glitch that people did to mostly have an edge on reach and such. It had nothing to do with people actually wanting roster fighters in UT.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-16-2019, 08:20 PM   #18
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
Feel free to hit me up for games
I've not played in months really but I'd be down for a few with you.
Old 11-19-2019, 04:35 PM   #19
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Lots of good responses and 38 votes, this forum aint dead at all

Good point by MM and a couple others ---- not getting burned out is a huge factor. In previous games I would just power through losing streaks *NO MATTER WHAT* ---- but I've found that taking a couple hours (or days) off after you realize you've gone on Tilt can make all the difference in your atitude towards the game, and the community as a whole.

I'm starting to get the itch to play UT again, if only to get my final trophy (Level 150) for Platinum.............but I'm going to try to resist. I really want to play some other games (and spend time w/ friends and family over the holidays lol) last thing I need is to go on a UFC binge. Need to push this urge deep into my gut and save it for UFC 4 ... Keep That Same Energy as the kids say.

I can only imagine what real fighters go through. If I feel this way about a video game, it's no wonder so many of them retire, then come back, retire again, comeback, etc. --- I guess the good thing is we aren't taking too much brain damage from this game. Just poor posture & eye strain hahaha
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

Last edited by Boiler569; 11-19-2019 at 04:37 PM.
Old 11-19-2019, 04:53 PM   #20
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKnight21
That and I truly have no clue what the deciding factor is between a body kick getting a stun reaction (even if its terribly timed from inches away) vs a pretty clean land with no stun reaction that allows you to get 3 piece frame trapped into a critical knockdown.
The timing. If you hit them during the first half of their attack, you stop them.

Incorporating range to the logic can be a good idea. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 11-19-2019, 10:42 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
The timing. If you hit them during the first half of their attack, you stop them.

Incorporating range to the logic can be a good idea. Thanks for the feedback.
This is again the fault of not having anywhere in the game that goes in depth about how to properly use stopping power
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2019, 01:04 AM   #22
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
This is again the fault of not having anywhere in the game that goes in depth about how to properly use stopping power
Shouldn't really need a guide, should be this is how it works in reality so this is how it works in the game.
Old 11-20-2019, 01:31 AM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriedr1ver
Shouldn't really need a guide, should be this is how it works in reality so this is how it works in the game.
Well unfortunately most do

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 11-20-2019, 12:00 PM   #24
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriedr1ver

Unfortunately, the current Stopping power (SP) mechanics does not work as IRL... b/c of some balance issues, which forced to tune SP in unnatural manner.

Range affects Stopping power and Damage of strikes now + some strikes are transforming into another b/c of the range and so their SP (kick into knee for ex) + FWD Moving strikes has increased Startup frames duration (needs to count it).

Quotes from my Guide:

Quote:
6) STOPPING POWER (SP):
SP – when my strike stops (interrupts) the opponent’s incoming strike and deal him damage.
Explanation about how SP works:
- in Both (Arcade fighting and EA UFC 3): 1P Strike can stop the incoming 2P Strike ONLY if 1P Strike lands BEFORE 2P Strike lands (1P Strike reaches its Hit phase earlier than 2P Strike Hit phase begins).
- in Arcade fighting: ANY Strike first landed ALWAYS fully 100% stops incoming opponent’s Strike.
- in EA UFC 3: 1P Strike first landed stops incoming 2P Strike ONLY IF 1P Strike was landed on 2P Strike’s SP window
SP WINDOW – the window on opponent’s incoming strike (initial part of his Strike) during which I need to land my Strike to stop his Strike, i.e. initial part of his Strike’s Startup phase, which is % value counted based on my Strike SP. Example: 1P Head Lead Straight (Jab) has 0.4 SP, so it must to be landed on initial 12 frames of incoming 2P Head Lead Front Kick Startup phase (which has Startup 30F / 10 * 4 = 12 frames size of SP Window).
The bigger my strike’s SP value = the later in the opponent’s strike’s trajectory I can land mine and still shut down opponent’s strike.
[If two strikes land very close to each other in time] SP is nullified and a scenario called DAMAGE MUFFLING takes over – both strikes are landing, but the 1st strike to lands deals full damage, the 2nd strike deals less damage.
[If two strikes lands on the exact same frame, i.e. simultaneously] they both deal full damage, leaving the window open for double Rocks or double Knockdowns, or even 1st KO and 2nd KD (but no two KOs).
Reason FWD Moving Leg kicks have higher SP - is due to its extra Vulnerability.
EXCEPTIONS in SP specific to different strikes types:
(“will always interrupt” – of course IF it is landed earlier than incoming strike lands (earlier reaches its Hit phase), but during ALL/entire incoming strike’s Startup phase instead of only during his SP Window %).
1. Any Head kick or Overhand punch to the Head - will always interrupt any strike your opponent is throwing, and will always cause a stagger if landed clean and unblocked.
2. Straight punch to the Head - will always interrupt a FWD Moving strike.
3. Standing or Retreating (BWD Moving) Lead Hook (a Check Hook) - will always interrupt a FWD Moving strike.
4. Round strike (Hook, Roundhouse, etc) thrown from your left side - will always stop your opponent if they are moving towards your left side.
5. Round strike (Hook, Roundhouse, etc) thrown from your right side - will always stop your opponent if they are moving towards your right side.
6. Front kick to the Body - will always interrupt your opponent’s ANY Strikes, Walking, Step or Sway + and will always push them backwards on Hit. > Use Front kick to the Body – to interrupt ANY opponent’s actions and create and maintain distance/space. VS Front kicks – [just it starts] are easier to evade with Basic Side Steps, and [may holding Low Block pre-emptively] are easily caught with a successful Low block; NOT avoided by Walking.
7. Side kicks to the Body - will always interrupt your opponent’s ANY Strikes, Walking, Step or Sway + and will always push them backwards on Hit and even on Block. > Use Side kick to the Body – to interrupt ANY opponent’s actions and create and maintain distance/space, even on Blocking opponent. VS Side kicks – [just it starts] are very easy to evade with Basic Side Steps, and can be avoided by Walking; they are NOT catchable.
Use these exceptions for:
1 – 5: safely shut down overly aggressive opponents
6 - 7: create space using pushing strikes, and force a fleeing opponent’s back to the cage, pin them in and attack them while they are in a position that nullifies several of their defensive options (with their back to the cage).
Quote:
Each strike in the game has a range from which it can land. (Head kicks has ideal at Long range, so from close range it morphs into a less powerful body kick that lands in the upper chest area) (Stopping power and Damage from Straights performed on close range – is very decreased).
FWD moving version of the strike - extends the range of the strike by 1. Have more execution frames, and thus take longer to land them than their Standing versions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »