Home

Reach should matter more in the next game.

This is a discussion on Reach should matter more in the next game. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2019, 09:46 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Reach should matter more in the next game.

I think it needs to feel more dangerous to close the distance, or at least be more difficult in general to do so if the other guy is using his range.

I'm thinking something has to be done with movement and blocking. Perhaps getting hit with strikes (at least straight strikes) while blocking could reduce your movement speed by a lot. This would force aggressive players to either cut off the cage or use movement to get inside, rather than just move forward blocking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2019, 01:08 PM   #26
Banned

The biggest issue is the lack of stopping power on the jab. I know at one point it was .07 which was great and realistic the problem was we dont have enough footwork tools to match up with stopping power. The tools for footwork like the shuffle step should benefit both the pressure fighter and the outside fighter because at its core both concepts are the same. This would also eliminate the need for a stamina tax on the shuffle step. https://youtu.be/dLg_7FkL4YI this right here is what we need. Also go look up ernesto Chavez darren till pressure footwork on youtube. That concept is not only for pressure fighters but outside fighters too. If you dont take my advice for practice mode then please take my advice on this.
Old 11-28-2019, 04:35 PM   #27
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
The biggest issue is the lack of stopping power on the jab. I know at one point it was .07 which was great and realistic the problem was we dont have enough footwork tools to match up with stopping power. The tools for footwork like the shuffle step should benefit both the pressure fighter and the outside fighter because at its core both concepts are the same. This would also eliminate the need for a stamina tax on the shuffle step. https://youtu.be/dLg_7FkL4YI this right here is what we need. Also go look up ernesto Chavez darren till pressure footwork on youtube. That concept is not only for pressure fighters but outside fighters too. If you dont take my advice for practice mode then please take my advice on this.
I agree with the OP

And imo the goal should be rewarding shorter fighters (more power on hooks/uppers)

But did you post the correct video? That was just a basic mma stance /footwork vid

Last edited by Phillyboi207; 11-29-2019 at 02:35 PM.
Old 11-28-2019, 05:27 PM   #28
Pro

TheJamesKraus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
I agree with the OP

And imo thr goal should be rewarding shorter fighters (more power on hooks/uppers)

But did you post the correct video? That was just a basic mma stance /footwork vid
It is pretty basic but Darren Till uses it a lot as he pressures forward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8D3vf-VO3A

This is a better video.

EDIT: Didn't realise 1212 mentioned Ernest Chavez but I immediately thought of him, he has some great videos.

Last edited by TheJamesKraus; 11-28-2019 at 05:30 PM.
Old 11-28-2019, 05:39 PM   #29
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJamesKraus
It is pretty basic but Darren Till uses it a lot as he pressures forward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8D3vf-VO3A

This is a better video.

EDIT: Didn't realise 1212 mentioned Ernest Chavez but I immediately thought of him, he has some great videos.
One thing I notice mainly about that video is that he is always remaining in stance and never switching. Just walking to cut off when the guy circles to his power side and side stepping when hes circling away. That could easily be added within the current set up, just better tracking and hit boxes for the players and it should work.
Old 11-29-2019, 09:33 AM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriedr1ver
One thing I notice mainly about that video is that he is always remaining in stance and never switching. Just walking to cut off when the guy circles to his power side and side stepping when hes circling away. That could easily be added within the current set up, just better tracking and hit boxes for the players and it should work.
He also shuffles his feet and takes the neutral stance.
Old 11-29-2019, 02:40 PM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
He also shuffles his feet and takes the neutral stance.
That’s pretty much what minor lunges are supposed to be

But they dont flow as well as the steps Till are using.

I would like to see more fluidity with the lunges so hopefully we can replicate more complex footwork and traps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2019, 04:15 PM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
That’s pretty much what minor lunges are supposed to be

But they dont flow as well as the steps Till are using.

I would like to see more fluidity with the lunges so hopefully we can replicate more complex footwork and traps.
You still have xbox

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »