Home

What if I told you....

This is a discussion on What if I told you.... within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2019, 09:38 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: What if I told you....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
Is this supposed to change the ragdolls, somehow?
It does not change the ragdolls... it triggers the ragdoll animations more.

What I think it does is... the ragdoll physic doesnt play as it should, because there is too much power involved in striking. The power forces the canned animations to play, instead of the later implemented Ragdoll physics. I get way more ragdoll KOs like that. (not great, but better)

I can proof it, too... But nobody really seems to care.

I've everything that works better with less damage and more stamina listed in OP. Try it yourself.
Old 11-28-2019, 11:52 AM   #10
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Ragdoll Guy
It does not change the ragdolls... it triggers the ragdoll animations more.

What I think it does is... the ragdoll physic doesnt play as it should, because there is too much power involved in striking. The power forces the canned animations to play, instead of the later implemented Ragdoll physics. I get way more ragdoll KOs like that. (not great, but better)

I can proof it, too... But nobody really seems to care.

I've everything that works better with less damage and more stamina listed in OP. Try it yourself.
I actually have the opposite experience. When you turn damage up really high you end up KOing people a lot more when they are doing things like lunging, head-movement, wheel kicks, ect. which causes a lot of ragdoll heavy KOs because the game does not have pre-set animations for those positions so resorts to pure physics a lot.
Old 11-28-2019, 12:48 PM   #11
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

I don't know much about the ragdolls. But my impression is that they tend to be more free when the victim is kicking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2019, 01:25 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
I don't know much about the ragdolls. But my impression is that they tend to be more free when the victim is kicking.
Thats true. The post above explains it. There are no pre set animations for catching someone in a tornado kick or wheel kick etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinfarcements
I actually have the opposite experience. When you turn damage up really high you end up KOing people a lot more when they are doing things like lunging, head-movement, wheel kicks, ect. which causes a lot of ragdoll heavy KOs because the game does not have pre-set animations for those positions so resorts to pure physics a lot.
And thats is exactly my point. I get Ragdolls off block breaking combos, flying knees and simple hooks or straights, that break the block. It could all just be a coincident but after testing KOs for 1 and a half year I tend to not believe in coincidence. I have gotten more ragdolls in the last week than in the last 2 years combined.

When I put the damage on full power I literally only get ONE animation for headkicks, hooks, etc. (that dont come of kicks)

Can you show me some of those ragdolls? Im already collecting my ragdolls that dont come after kicks etc.
Old 12-01-2019, 06:43 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Ragdoll Guy

Can you show me some of those ragdolls? Im already collecting my ragdolls that dont come after kicks etc.
I haven't really recorded any but if I remember to next time I get a good one I'll try to post it here.
Old 12-02-2019, 09:29 AM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinfarcements
I haven't really recorded any but if I remember to next time I get a good one I'll try to post it here.
Until then... I have recorded all of them in the last week with my OP custom settings. There are a couple TKOs on it but they were ragdoll tkos, so I included them. They also look better than the actual UFC 3 Ragdoll knockouts. Only 3-4 look a like.

Old 12-02-2019, 09:32 AM   #15
Banned

Disclaimer: Im not saying the radoll looks always good. What we need is UFC 2 engine back minus the insane backflips.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2019, 10:30 AM   #16
Pro

So you definitely have some good ones in there, especially the ones where after the KO they didn't snap back into animation during the "finish the fight" sequence. (like at 1:05)

Like I said I did test your settings and did not get these results, but two things: 1. I only tested about 4 fights 2. I KOed all of them in the first.

So my question now is, under what conditions do you usually get these KOs? Does the opponent have low stamina? Do they have really low overall health, or do these sometimes happen even when their health bar is still fairly big? Was it in the later rounds?

Last edited by Reinfarcements; 12-02-2019 at 10:34 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »