Home

Cheesy idiots in ranked (video)

This is a discussion on Cheesy idiots in ranked (video) within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2019, 04:17 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Cheesy idiots in ranked (video)

This dude was blasting me with cheesy nonsense, I had to take it to the ground.

How often do you run into this kind of players?

https://youtu.be/0Qib1UMBpUg

Sent from my ASUS_X00ID using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2019, 04:43 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Cheesy idiots in ranked (video)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSS

You didn't use your push kicks and especially the side body kicks. You'd then have all the space that you want against that kind of player.
Old 11-26-2019, 05:06 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
You didn't use your push kicks and especially the side body kicks. You'd then have all the space that you want against that kind of player.

You're right. Have you noticed his heat-seeking flying knee? I side lunged it and it still hit me and knocked me down...
Old 11-26-2019, 05:45 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:

Never really #JustDiv4Things
Old 11-26-2019, 04:39 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
You're right. Have you noticed his heat-seeking flying knee? I side lunged it and it still hit me and knocked me down...
You didnt make good use of a straight. You can side step flying knees and when they land their st will be low and they will be very vulnerable
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2019, 08:59 PM   #6
Pro

TheJamesKraus's Arena

You just have to be more patient... you know he only throws 1 shot at a time, apart from that lead elbow to spinning elbow but even that becomes predictable. Against these players you just have to wait for them to blow their stamina, and then you put the cheese on them , give them a taste of their own medicine. You done good getting the win though, looked pretty easy in the end. These type of players will always exist... unless we get a separate Ranked mode with simulated stamina.
Old 11-27-2019, 02:51 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJamesKraus
You just have to be more patient... you know he only throws 1 shot at a time, apart from that lead elbow to spinning elbow but even that becomes predictable. Against these players you just have to wait for them to blow their stamina, and then you put the cheese on them , give them a taste of their own medicine. You done good getting the win though, looked pretty easy in the end. These type of players will always exist... unless we get a separate Ranked mode with simulated stamina.

My initial plan was to just let him gas by himself, after the 3rd rock I decided it was too risky :-)
Old 11-28-2019, 05:45 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:

Well, let's see. You were doing well using the straight into lead hook combo but then stopped doing that even though it stopped him dead in his tracks every time.

You didn't evade the flying knee btw. You major lunged way before he even threw it and then ended up eating it. That wasn't a fault in the game, you just mistimed badly. You shouldn't be using major movements like that early into the first round anyway.

You threw body kicks from good range, but then stopped doing that and ended up throwing a body kick from clinch range (???) right after you had just been rocked (?????) and then got rocked immediately again.

Didn't use any ducks to avoid his elbows and overhands. You can easily fit those in between flying knees if you're judicious.

Decided to exchange along the cage instead of circling out and exploiting his use of high stamina consuming strikes of which he had no finesse or craft in using.

This isn't cheese. This is a flat out unviable strategy that became viable due to egregious player error.

Nonetheless, elbow-knee, and elbow-spinning elbow shouldn't even be a thing. It looks stupid and if the player knows what they are doing, the knee-elbow can still be a big nuisance due to the high-low variable.

This isn't an insult to you, but you'll probably take it that way. I'm here to spread the facts regardless. If you use your tools effectively, you can easily blow dudes like this tf out.

However, you did a great job switching to your more effective playstyle of grappling when the cards were down. Good use of takedowns and this guy had no idea what he was doing on the ground. Good decision.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »